Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My housemates stole the key of my room

Options
  • 16-07-2014 8:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21

I'm sharing with 2 people, their contracts say only one person is responsible for the house and that person has all rights, because initially it was house letting.

In my contract that cause has been deleted and everyone signed.

Recently I went to holidays, entrusted them my room key, but now I discovered they have been bullying me and extorting me money.

Now they also refuse to give me the key back. How can I make sure my Computer, TV, Phone, Wallet, etc. are secured and that they don't steal it? What can I do?

Note I didn't arrive home yet and the agency doesn't care.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Why did you give them the key? Sounds like a crazy thing to do??

Nothing you can do while you're away, they are likely to turn away anyone who claims to be acting on your behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

If you're still on holiday how are they refusing to give you the key back? Have you asked someone else to get it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

What do you mean by extorting your money. Have they stolen from you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Well if they've stolen from you call the guards when you're home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

athtrasna wrote: »
    Why did you give them the key? Sounds like a crazy thing to do??

Nothing you can do while you're away, they are likely to turn away anyone who claims to be acting on your behalf.

Probably didn't want to lose it when away

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement