Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter from TUS scheme.

Options
  • 16-07-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey everyone,

I just got a letter today from the social welfare "asking" if I'd be interested in going on a TUS scheme. Now, I'm not stupid enough to think this is for one second an "option". I'm well aware of the thinly veiled threat of losing my allowance if I refuse.

What exactly does the TUS scheme involve? I read the welfare.ie explaination and got the usual unhelpful, vague discription.

From what I read on wefare.ie its sounds like charity work, but that could mean anything from caring for elderly people to be a chugger. I read some posts on here that it also varies from location to location (I live in Galway, if that helps).

As I'd never heard of it before I didn't know anyone on it personally, hence my post here.
    What I'd like to know is, what are other people's experiences of being on it?

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement