Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need old drivers

• 16-07-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

upgraded a fujitsu siemens esprimo P2500 from xp to win 7

but for the life of me I can't seem to find any Ethernet drivers for it

so it can't connect to the internet , I know I can use slimdriver etc but useless unless I can actually get on the net

any advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

If you're willing to trust it there's a page here claiming to have drivers for it. Not sure whether they're kosher, mind you...

Aside from that, this page suggests that you've probably got an SIS 661FX motherboard in the thing. I've not been able to find anything to pin down what ethernet controller that would have on board, and it doesn't look like SIS have any Win7 drivers for any of their legacy components, so unless you've got more information to share you may be stuck. Might be easiest to just buy either a cheap PCI NIC or a USB dongle and get around the problem that way.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

have you tried looking for Vista drivers ?

in device manager it should list a hardware id that you could look up

if you have an Ubuntu or Knoppix or other Linux/BSD live CD you could boot it up to see what it says about your hardware

It's an ADMtek AN983 chip in this system I believe. Not sure if the company even still exists anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Karsini wrote: »
    It's an ADMtek AN983 chip in this system I believe. Not sure if the company even still exists anymore.

Cheers

Any links to an external internet card ? Plug and play

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

borrow a card just long enough to connect and search for a driver

you must know someone with a USB wifi card or even a 3G dongle thing

or an old PCI network card

In the really old days you'd be talking serial ports and dial up modems or laplink cables

and using mode and a serial cable to get interlnk to copy itself over

• Advertisement
Advertisement