Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daredevil [Netflix/Disney - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Episode 9! Well, looks like
    everything is in place. Things about to get nasty!

Episode 12 really packs a punch!

Season Finale next!

Finished. Great season overall. So many moments where I was like: WHAT?!? No Way?!!? But Way! Definitely way!

Still the top of the Marvel Netflix shows.

The story was just so intricate and interwoven and full of surprises! Plus, I can't remember anything that felt like they ignored. Even at the end there with
    Foggy giving up the DA

D'Onofrio was just made for Kingpin! What a role!

There's gotta be another season (
    or more!!
    ). We'll have to see more
    Kingpin/Vanessa and probably separately Bullseye
    . I guess his
    mother will be his spiritual guide and maybe help to ground him against his past

So anyway..

Just catching up on the thread. I held off watching trailers cos I was behind on Luke Cage and Iron First. Kinda glad. Feels like some big reveals were given away. Like,
    Dex using the costume felt like a reveal to me

Then this:
    Just reading the fight in episode 4 was 10 minute 43 second one take continuous shot.

That is seriously impressive.
    Skerries wrote: »
    I was like... 'oooooohhhh' cos I thought that scene looked weary and that they had run outta money or something. Now it makes sense :)

Karens flashback was good. It did throw me off because the previous episode was a bit of a cliffhanger but it grew on me. Her story was compelling and kinda showed that since her younger years, she seems to have grown more patient! :eek:

So the only thing about the story I haven't seen mentioned was: Vanessa :eek:
    I can't be the only person who saw
    her at a distance operating around kingpin in the same way he operated around his pawns? Now they're hitched and she's on the outside with control of his assets. Like they even threw the kingpin jacket around her for the ending

Finally..
    Slydice wrote: »
    Also I remember the films and
    Colin Farrel playing yer man .. Bullseye was it?
    I'm starting to think that
    poindexter is going to be Bullseye
    Hrmmmm...
    Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The stuff in your spoiler is correct :)
    Excellent! :D

So like... is there a Jessica Jones coming soon or what's next? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The one take sequence was pretty fantastic; props to the production team for managing it without CGI at all.

One detail I always quite liked about Daredevil was how knackered, and visibly tired combatants became as fights wore on. Felt like it gave more weight and heft watching Murdock flag, but persist all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Finished the season over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Big step up from from S2. I think D'onofrio has made Kingpin my favourite of all the Marvel onscreen villains. Now it wasn't without flaws - it took a few episodes for the story to properly kick into gear and sometimes it stretched credulity how much control Kingpin had over everything or everyone. The Karen flashback episode was poorly placed within the overall arc of the show - the episode itself was good background stuff for her but it absolutely killed the momentum of the cliffhanger from the church.

Two small niggles for me about the finale -
    I wanted to see Matt back in the Daredevil outfit to show how he had reclaimed the Daredevil identity from Dex. Just a final rooftop shot of him back in the outfit would have sufficed. Dex should have properly adopted the 'Bullseye' nickname - the eyeball insignia was very lacklustre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Greyjoy wrote: »

Two small niggles for me about the finale -
    I wanted to see Matt back in the Daredevil outfit to show how he had reclaimed the Daredevil identity from Dex. Just a final rooftop shot of him back in the outfit would have sufficed. Dex should have properly adopted the 'Bullseye' nickname - the eyeball insignia was very lacklustre.

I'd say why they didnt do any of that was so they could focus on it more next season. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Arcsurvivor

Bullseye with Daredevil fight scenes were intense. The transformation of Bullseye involved great storytelling and compelling backstory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Didn't pull me in like the previous seasons, but top quality tv nonetheless!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hit episode 10, and yeah, the intermission with Karen was both dull and rushed at the same time. A backstop hastily assembled yet unasked for.

Season up to this point though has been excellent, hope for once a Marvel Netflix show can stick the landing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hit episode 10, and yeah, the intermission with Karen was both dull and rushed at the same time. A backstop hastily assembled yet unasked for.

Season up to this point though has been excellent, hope for once a Marvel Netflix show can stick the landing

I kinda liked Karen's back story. Added context to the damaged character who had kind of annoyed me up to that point over the series to date!

• Advertisement

Unsurprisingly, it has been canceled. Just leaves The Punisher and Jessica Jones left. As said in another thread I wish they'd just get on with these announcements and not drag it all out. It's obvious Netflix / Disney want this arrangement nuked.

Outside of the Disney context though, Netflix are pretty cancelation happy in general, so I theorise that even if Disney weren't angling for their own service, there's a good chance Daredevil & co. were in for the chop anyway. Bar a few exceptions, Netflix love axing shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Crap gonna miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yeah, Disney are certainly pulling all their IP back in for their own streaming service. just wait until they announce their new Star Wars series (The Mandalorian?) is going to be on their own streaming service only. They have such a huge pool of properties now that their streaming service could work: Star Wars, Marvel, all ABC shows, ESPN, The Muppets, potentially Fox. It would make sense for them to pull them all in house and off of the competition's services.

This has nothing to do with costs or viewers/ratings etc. Jessica Jones and The Punisher "Cancellation" will be announced very soon I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can't see a reason to cancel bar Disney want to jump ship to their own service where this show is concerned not so much on Luke Cage or Ironic Fist, if it has been cancelled just for the sake of it queue a Lucifer esque crusade #savedevil2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yeah. Unless Disney are going to uncancel the shows and make more for their own service it just seems a case if "I don't want it but I don't want someone else to have it either".

Which I assume they aren't planning to do?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Disney want to make their own marvel content, such as a Loki show.
    It's a shame that Daredevil, Luke Cage and Ironfist had to be axed due to this sh*t.
    Is there another Jessica Jones or Punisher filmed already?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Disney want to make their own marvel content, such as a Loki show.
    It's a shame that Daredevil, Luke Cage and Ironfist had to be axed due to this sh*t.
    Is there another Jessica Jones or Punisher filmed already?

Punisher is filmed, JJ is currently in production AFAIK

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cool, I'd expect them to be the last.
    I wonder if they will be all condensed into The Defenders just to condense all the shows into 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Cool, I'd expect them to be the last.
    I wonder if they will be all condensed into The Defenders just to condense all the shows into 1.

The Defenders was the first show that was cancelled unfortunately..JJ... The Punisher...and that's all she wrote

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I have to believe that these will return on a Disney streaming service , they have invested so much time and effort in creating this universe and certainly parts of it where performing well .

• Advertisement

Yeah plus im sure Disney wont wanna be hearing things like "This show was much better when Netflix done it" and the likes.. Plus they would wanna tone down the violence and make Matt Murdock a black asian transvestite or something :P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Can't see a reason to cancel bar Disney want to jump ship to their own service where this show is concerned not so much on Luke Cage or Ironic Fist, if it has been cancelled just for the sake of it queue a Lucifer esque crusade #savedevil2.0

Whats odd IMO, is that the cancellation was announced on the day the #RenewDaredevil campaign was due to kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭sonic85

Is there any danger of this disappearing from Netflix anytime soon? The reason I ask is I just got Netflix recently and I've just started watching Daredevil and the Punisher. There's not much point continuing to watch them if they disappear when I'm halfway through the first series!

sonic85 wrote: »
    Is there any danger of this disappearing from Netflix anytime soon? The reason I ask is I just got Netflix recently and I've just started watching Daredevil and the Punisher. There's not much point continuing to watch them if they disappear when I'm halfway through the first series!

Nah i strongly doubt it, id say they will be there forever, im sure why netflix aren't confirming the reasons about the shows cancellations is because they dont want to burn any bridges with Disney. Keep your enemies close and all that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

I can give this no higher praise than to say that I have started reading Daredevil comics because of this show.

Will really miss it.

Thinking about Punisher and Jessica Jones and remembering the end of Infinity Wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

**** Disney, Daredevil had a great cast and was a joy to watch. I'll never sign up for their service, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Don’t usually care about shows getting cancelled but this news sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Slydice wrote: »
    Thinking about Punisher and Jessica Jones and remembering the end of Infinity Wars.

I think one more season of The Punisher is all we'll get as can't see a third season of it or JJ in the future seeing DD, the most popular of the Marvel shows got canned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

So, assuming that Disney are pulling these shows from Netflix for their own platform, I wonder what will happen to the existing actors/crew? Were they tied to their shows or were they tied to Netflix. Would be strange to see others in the role on Disney.

Advertisement