Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daredevil [Netflix/Disney - Spoilers]

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

She did seem to have an unusual career path throughout, gets represented by N&M, goes to work for them. Gets a journalist killed, takes his job.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Karen (!) was one of those characters you sensed the writers had no clear idea what to do with, and just slotted her into whatever environment suited that season's plot - damn the common sense. And they didn't even try to make the journalism realistic, instead she floated about looking for a scoop! and never got fired for not writing the 3 other articles she probably had to write.

I still remember her pretentious "inspiring" voiceover at the end of season 3; it some of the most vacuous Instagram levels of guff I've heard a script come out with in years. Only remember it cos it left a sour taste in my mouth after the show ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Joanne Whalley doing press for Williow say she wants to return as Sister Maggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Oh yes, that would be fine.

Michael Gandolfini (James's son) has joined the cast.

• Advertisement

‘Daredevil: Born Again’: Margarita Levieva & Sandrine Holt Join Disney+ Series

Details about Levieva’s and Holt’s characters are being kept under wraps; I hear they may be playing love interests for the leads. Reps for Marvel, Levieva and Holt declined comment.

In addition to Cox and D’Onofrio, Levieva and Holt join previously cast Michael Gandolfini. The 18-episode season of Daredevil: Born Again is slated to premiere in 2024, four years after the original Daredevil series ended its run on Netflix after three seasons.

Levieva will be pulling double Disney+ duty; as Deadline revealed exclusively last week, she also has booked a guest starring role in the Star Wars series The Acolyte.

The actor, who starred for three seasons of the HBO series The Deuce. and a major role on ABC’s Revenge, was most recently seen starring in the Netflix series In From the Cold. She will next be seen in ITV and Tiger Aspect’s Litvinenko.

On the feature side, Levieva recently starred in the Lionsgate’ feature’s Inherit the Viper, opposite Josh Hartnett. She is repped by Paradigm, Silver Lining Entertainment, Subtitle Entertainment and Offer Weber Dern.

Holt recently recurred on Showtime’s drama series American Gigolo. Her extensive TV series credits also include AMC’s Better Call Saul, Prime Video’s The Expanse, Showtime’s Homeland, CBS’ MacGyver, NBC’s Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Netflix’s House of Cards

Charlie say in an interview with NME that it will be a full 11 month shoot and they will start filming the 18 episodes in February and run all the way to December.

He say he hasn't seen the scripts yet and is fascinated to see why they chose 18 episodes.

He also say it probably won't be as gory but might still be dark.

My opinion is this character works best when he’s geared towards a slightly more mature audience,” Cox told NME. “My instinct is that on Disney+ it will be dark but it probably won’t be as gory. I would say to [people hoping the Disney+ show copies the Netflix show], we’ve done that. Let’s take the things that really worked, but can we broaden? Can we appeal to a slightly younger audience without losing what we’ve learned about what works?”

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will they do a single take fight scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Filming suspend as local Union workers refuse to cross the picket line.

• Advertisement

Marvel has fired all the writers and directors and the series will a completely new creative of overhaul as they didn’t like what was already produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well anything like his most recent appearance I'm kinda glad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Honestly that original idea sounded great. Not sure about daredevil being held back til episode 4, that's a bit much; but actual legal wrangling was half the thing with Murdock's life IIRC the comics and something the Netflix show didn't really touch either. Or for that matter, She Hulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So they don't want to continue the Netflix series but do want it to be similar to it?

But, on Netflix, he didn't get his costume until the end of Series 1 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He didn't really wear it in Season 3 either.

I wouldn't really mind more focus on Matt as a lawyer early in the season, provided it still led to him having to be Daredevil a bit more in the latter half. But if they're completely resetting everything they've done so far and bringing in a proper showrunner and writers to plot out the season, it's likely that whatever they were starting with was just poor to begin with.

They are looking at Dario Scardapane to be the new showrunner.

He was a producer on The Punisher along with Jack Ryan.

They are also looking at Aaron Moorhead & Justin Benson to direct, both co- directed season 2 of Loki and a couple of episodes of MoonKnight.

Reports now that Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll returning as Foggy & Karen.

• Advertisement

That's good news: that trio really worked well together, when they were given the chance. Though across the 3 seasons, precious little actual legal work was done on the Netflix show lol. Christ I think their firm only last a half season?

Nelson, Murdock & Page back together again after 6 years.

Literally too: the plaque on the wall reads the name of their firm

Normally I'd be a bit annoyed at the spoiler, but at this stage Marvel probably leaked it themselves to try and stir up some conversation again.

Genneya Walton had been cast her character has not been revealed but has connections to a character from the original series.

My guess….

Granddaughter of Ben Urich.

Seeing the set pictures of Frank Castle I can't wait for this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,709 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I decided I was going to start a rewatch today of the whole Netflix MCU. I had not watched it since it first aired.

Three episodes into Daredevil today and man I really forgot how good it was.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

• Advertisement
Advertisement