Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trikes

Options
  • 16-07-2014 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Im considering a trike for my 18 month old. What is the best one to purchase that he will get most use out of ? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭ariana`

We got a basic enough Smart Trike one in Smyths 4yrs ago and it's still getting great use by both kids, first kid was 15mths when we got and we started using it immediately. It was about €50 though I see they have them now for €25+. It has no bells & whistles but I couldn't fault it. Suitable from 15mth +, detachable handle bar for parent to push and a side bar that comes off when they get a bit older, we got it in a nice bright orange & blue colour so gender neutral...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

I got our trike secondhand online. I'm glad we didn't get a new one as our son never uses it! It's a real struggle to push and he'd rather be out walking anyhow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

We got a trike with the handle at the back by Little Tikes. It's a bit cheaper than Smart Trike.

We did NOT find it good, very hard to push in a straight line, our handle got looser and looser over time and it's broken off now. The little fella is 2 and he just doesn't sit right in it to pedal so he's gone off it. It's fine for the first few months of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

We got a little tikes trike as a gift for her first xmas. (similar to the one below) It has seat padding, straps, sunshade (never used), can lock the pedals that they don't turn when they are small as there is foot rests anyway (we just didn't put the pedals on for a while) .
    We started using it around 9 months. slowly changed it around to be more suitable as she grew and now at nearly 27 months its still used every day. She puts her feet on the pedals and her feet go around but she's still not able to pedal on her own. OH brings her for a walk in it every morning with our 4 dogs . it has been down fairly bumpy paths too. the only problem we ran in to was when OH turned it one way and toddler turned it the other so steering was a bit off. But OH but a few screws in it and problem solved.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/outdoor/c-654/trikes/p-2613/little-tikes-4-in-1-trike-purple/

Advertisement