Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi Speed

• 17-07-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Hi , I'm sure someone here will know about hi speed Video, I'm looking to buy a reasonable DSLR that can shoot video at, up to 1000 fps, does anyone have any recommendations ?
    Second hand would be fine , but I have no idea of Models that will shoot video at this speed , so if anyone has any ideas , it will give me a place to start looking.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Most DSLRs max out at 60fps. Even go pros only go to around 120fps (?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

the Phantom Flex4K can do 4k at 1000fps but it aint cheap :P and records 16gb of data per second :eek:
    http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/phantom-flex4k-records-fire-at-1000-fps-4k-resolution/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Most DSLRs max out at 60fps. Even go pros only go to around 120fps (?)

GoPro can only do 100fps.

You won't find anything cheap that can do 1000fps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

and think of the type of computer hardware you'd be needing just to process those sorts of mega files, not to mention the monitor requirements to just display it for editing..

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Nightforce 65X55

I was told about 2 relatively cheap cameras . dont have the full Details but were around the £200 or £250 bracket , one was a casio, and the other was Nikon J . Has anyone used them ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I was told about 2 relatively cheap cameras . dont have the full Details but were around the £200 or £250 bracket , one was a casio, and the other was Nikon J . Has anyone used them ?

I think I know the Casio you're talking about, discontinued now, but could record at high FPS but very low resolution. Still selling second hand on ebay for this function alone. Can't remember the model though...

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Nightforce 65X55

I think I know the Casio you're talking about, discontinued now, but could record at high FPS but very low resolution. Still selling second hand on ebay for this function alone. Can't remember the model though...

Ill have a look on ebay , but a model no would have been a great help, I was told the camera could shoot 1000 FPS and it sounds cheap when it was new @ £250 . I only want it to take some Slow Motion shots of Birds and Insects in flight etc. and experiment a bit , so dont want to invest a fortune in the Camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Ill have a look on ebay , but a model no would have been a great help, I was told the camera could shoot 1000 FPS and it sounds cheap when it was new @ £250 . I only want it to take some Slow Motion shots of Birds and Insects in flight etc. and experiment a bit , so dont want to invest a fortune in the Camera.

Remembered - Exilim.

http://www.casio.com/products/archive/Digital_Cameras/High-Speed/EX-FC150RD/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Paulw wrote: »
    GoPro can only do 100fps.

You won't find anything cheap that can do 1000fps.

100fps PAL 120fps in NTSC and in (SD) low res they can do 240fps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

You can use a GoPro to record at 100FPS and use software to slow down the speed smoothly. Youtube it ;) There are tons of tutorials on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement