Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to finish this house to a builders finish

Options
  • 17-07-2014 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

http://www.daft.ie/sales/glenshesk-templeglantine-limerick/704179/#img=1

I know its one of these how long is a piece of string questions but could somebody possibly give me a ballpark figure of how much it would cost to finish the above house to a builders finish? As can be seen from the photos there is a considerable amount of work to be done.

Builders finish is a level of finish I'm sure there is not any agreed consensus on but what I'd be looking to get an estimate on to complete is as follows in no particular order.

Concrete floors laid, chasing and walls skimmed and ceiling slabbing completed.

Complete to include second fix electrical work, plug sockets, light switches, light fittings, fuse box and meter box.

Second fix plumbing competed. Oil tank, boiler, radiators all plumbed in and ready to go. Bathrooms - ensuite and main bathroom plumbed in, sanitary ware installed to include 2 toilets, 2 shower units, a bath, 2 whb's and all taps, waste, electric showers.

Complete up to a level of second fix carpentry - mid range timber flooring, solid or semi solid in all 4 bedrooms, and living room, internal doors, hinges, locks, handles, architraves, door saddles, skirting boards. Fireplace - Mantle, timber surround and insert.

Tiling - floor tiles in the kitchen and bathrooms.

Will leave out the kitchen for the moment as I know its the one area in particular that can vary considerably depending on level of finish required and appliances etc.

Figure I require if possible is a ballpark figure for mid range finish. Not top range products or not crap I'd need to be replacing after 5 years.

If anyone could give me pointers I'd be most appreciative as would give me an inkling if the house is worth considering or not. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

http://www.daft.ie/sales/glenshesk-templeglantine-limerick/704179/#img=1

I know its one of these how long is a piece of string questions but could somebody possibly give me a ballpark figure of how much it would cost to finish the above house to a builders finish? As can be seen from the photos there is a considerable amount of work to be done.

Builders finish is a level of finish I'm sure there is not any agreed consensus on but what I'd be looking to get an estimate on to complete is as follows in no particular order.

Concrete floors laid, chasing and walls skimmed and ceiling slabbing completed.

Complete to include second fix electrical work, plug sockets, light switches, light fittings, fuse box and meter box.

Second fix plumbing competed. Oil tank, boiler, radiators all plumbed in and ready to go. Bathrooms - ensuite and main bathroom plumbed in, sanitary ware installed to include 2 toilets, 2 shower units, a bath, 2 whb's and all taps, waste, electric showers.

Complete up to a level of second fix carpentry - mid range timber flooring, solid or semi solid in all 4 bedrooms, and living room, internal doors, hinges, locks, handles, architraves, door saddles, skirting boards. Fireplace - Mantle, timber surround and insert.

Tiling - floor tiles in the kitchen and bathrooms.

Will leave out the kitchen for the moment as I know its the one area in particular that can vary considerably depending on level of finish required and appliances etc.

Figure I require if possible is a ballpark figure for mid range finish. Not top range products or not crap I'd need to be replacing after 5 years.

If anyone could give me pointers I'd be most appreciative as would give me an inkling if the house is worth considering or not. Thanks in advance

The price I seek is for a mi

Id be talking to a surveyor if I were you. Get them to go with you to have a look. Speaking from personal experience buying one of these houses can be a nightmare as your taking on someone elses work. Is it currently certified to its current level?

Advertisement