Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock Campus

Options
  • 17-07-2014 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi What is the differnce between Blackrock halls and Blackrock Novaite?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 literatefarmer

way more people live in halls, lived there in first year. Didn't know a soul in novitiate, only time we ever came across them was in the bike shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 calron

way more people live in halls, lived there in first year. Didn't know a soul in novitiate, only time we ever came across them was in the bike shed.

is it further away from the halls?
    Who stays in them so?
    Is blackrock a good place to stay in general?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 literatefarmer

Oh no they're right beside one another, separated only by a small carpark and a few trees. Novitiate tends to get a fair few Erasmus students, as does Halls itself. In the second semester there was only one other Irish person living on my floor. Twas grand, if you've no problem with a 15 minute cycle into college I'd recommend it, the village of Blackrock itself has quite a nice vibe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Only downside is that unless your spectacularly determined to go to class, your going to skip a fair amount of early morning lectures when it's wet outside. it's well served by public transport and Blackrock is a decent spot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

it's well served by public transport and Blackrock is a decent spot though

Does any bus serve the Blackrock accommodation / Belfield directly ie is there a bus stop in the Blackrock campus?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Squiggle wrote: »
    Does any bus serve the Blackrock accommodation / Belfield directly ie is there a bus stop in the Blackrock campus?
    No there isn't. Supposedly there used to be a shuttle bus between campuses but thats long gone! You'd have to walk to the nearest bus stop

haro124 wrote: »
    No there isn't. Supposedly there used to be a shuttle bus between campuses but thats long gone! You'd have to walk to the nearest bus stop

OK thanks. Is the no 17 from Blackrock the nearest bus?

OK thanks. Is the no 17 from Blackrock the nearest bus?

Yep. I'd recommend getting a bike though. it's so much handier. Relying on the 17 bus is really not to be recommended.

Yep. I'd recommend getting a bike though. it's so much handier. Relying on the 17 bus is really not to be recommended.

Yeah thanks that's what we intend to do - the bus would be for back up and getting to Belfield to get a bus back to Wexford at weekends. Trying to get my head around it all. Walking from the nearest 17 bus stop to Blackrock halls at 9pm on a Sunday night is not ideal, especially for a female on her own !!

Yeah thanks that's what we intend to do - the bus would be for back up and getting to Belfield to get a bus back to Wexford at weekends. Trying to get my head around it all. Walking from the nearest 17 bus stop to Blackrock halls at 9pm on a Sunday night is not ideal, especially for a female on her own !!

Okay in that case if it's not raining it's almost as convenient to walk up to the N11 and you'll have a bus taking you to Belfield in 5mins max waiting time. Takes about 10/15mins to walk to the N11 from Blackrock campus :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement