Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewing irish passport and i-94

Options
  • 17-07-2014 4:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

I recently got a new passport due to some damage on my old one that I didn't want to risk traveling with. I have a paper i94, as the last time I was out of the country was before the electronic system came in. As my passport was not near its expire date, my i94 and h1b visa are both valid until my visa expire date.

I know when traveling that I will need to have both passports with me, as the valid visa is in my old cancelled passport. Do I need to do anything in particular with my i94 or just surrender it as usual when I next leave the U.S.? I don't need to get it linked to my new passport?

Also, if I do not leave the country before my visa expires and my current i94 is extended if my next h1b petition is successful, does that cause issues if there is a new passport number?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

The paper I94 is not used anymore. It's all electronic now. Your I94 should be extended with your visa. You can verify it here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov. I'm sure when you show both passports they will link the two together and your I94 will carry over.

Advertisement