Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth brooks credit card refund -PTSB

Options
  • 17-07-2014 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi guys just looking for some help with permanent tsb credit card

I purchased 6 tickets for the now cancelled garth brooks concert 2 for myself and the rest were ordered for friends - im now set to recieve a refund to my credit card over the coming days however the credit card bill has long been cleared so now my card will be in credit to the value of €430 ish euro , how do i go about moving it back to my current acc so i can refund the others for their tickets ?

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

focusowner wrote: »
    Hi guys just looking for some help with permanent tsb credit card

I purchased 6 tickets for the now cancelled garth brooks concert 2 for myself and the rest were ordered for friends - im now set to recieve a refund to my credit card over the coming days however the credit card bill has long been cleared so now my card will be in credit to the value of €430 ish euro , how do i go about moving it back to my current acc so i can refund the others for their tickets ?

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Since the card is now in credit, can't you simply just withdraw the in-credit amount of cash on the card at an ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭focusowner

Davexirl wrote: »
    Since the card is now in credit, can't you simply just withdraw the in-credit amount of cash on the card at an ATM.

Could do that i suppose but dont you get screwed for withdrawing cash from atm with credit card ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

As mentioned above or via online or mobile money on the ptsb app.

hallo dare wrote: »

Mobile money sounds interesting how does that work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Could do that i suppose but dont you get screwed for withdrawing cash from atm with credit card ?

Only if card not in credit

• Advertisement

racso1975 wrote: »

Ohhh really i didnt know that :) cheers thats deadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

Ohhh really i didnt know that :) cheers thats deadly

Of course. If the card is in credit then it's essentially your money so you won't be penalised for taking it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

racso1975 wrote: »
    RFOLEY1990 wrote: »
    Of course. If the card is in credit then it's essentially your money so you won't be penalised for taking it

Not always true, depends on your card issuers. They will actually be charged by the card schemes for the Withdrawal. Best to ask them to confirm.

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »

I wasnt sure whether it was a penalty for using the cc in relation to atm or for withdrawing cash via cc suppose it makes sense though

Thanks guys

Not always true, depends on your card issuers. They will actually be charged by the card schemes for the Withdrawal. Best to ask them to confirm.

Il contact them today see if they can clarify - the only time ive been refunded before, the bill was still outstanding so it didnt matter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

With ptsb, you can withdraw whatever is in credit without being charged. But if you withdraw more than what's in credit by even a cent, you'll be charged on the whole amount. So just make sure if you're withdrawing from an atm that you know exactly how much is in credit first.

With ptsb, you can withdraw whatever is in credit without being charged. But if you withdraw more than what's in credit by even a cent, you'll be charged on the whole amount. So just make sure if you're withdrawing from an atm that you know exactly how much is in credit first.

Cheers for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

hallo dare wrote: »

How is that possible from a credit card? is that new?

dobsdave wrote: »
    How is that possible from a credit card? is that new?

Contacted permanent tsb about withdrawing cash amount from my credit card at atm and have been advised the following

"The cash advance fee on a visa credit card is 20.96% of whatever the amount is that your withdrawing"

So €80 to withdraw my €430

Has to be a better way

Contacted permanent tsb about withdrawing cash amount from my credit card at atm and have been advised the following

"The cash advance fee on a visa credit card is 20.96% of whatever the amount is that your withdrawing"

Has to be a better way

That's the cash interest. The actual fee (if you are not withdrawing funds that are in credit) is 1.5% with a minimum fee of €2. If you end up not paying off your bill in full, you're charged interest on the cash you withdrew. 20.96% is the interest rate in that circumstance.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BazzaDP

Has to be a better way

Depends on whether this counts as an "advance" or not. I'd ring them back to clarify that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Has to be a better way

As already said, thats the interest rate, not the fee.

Has to be a better way

Do you not plan to spend anything on the card this month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Definitely no charge if the card is in credit. Got a refund of close to 3k, went into the branch and they sent a mail to their visa department to transfer it to my current account. Took about 2 days with no charge...

Do you not plan to spend anything on the card this month?

Getting married next saturday could end up using it alright but we will have to see

• Advertisement

Found this on ptsb website in relation to cash advance - what do you reckon ?

A fee of 1.5% of the advance amount or €2.00, whichever is the higher, will be applied to ATM advances. This fee is only charged on ATM withdrawals where the resulting balance, prior to charging, is in a debit position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

focusowner wrote:
    Getting married next saturday could end up using it alright but we will have to see

would you not be better of not using a credit card to pay for a wedding? do you really want to be in debt going into a marriage. if you've got the funds just use your visa debit

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    would you not be better of not using a credit card to pay for a wedding? do you really want to be in debt going into a marriage. if you've got the funds just use your visa debit

Wedding already paid for :)

GrayFox208 wrote: »

If the OP has some "cash in hand" to pay for the wedding, then using this cash to repay those that are owed for the tickect, and using the "refund" on the card to pay for a purchase is a way to avoid the cash withdrawal issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

They should be able to transfer money back to your bank account or send a cheque. Give them a call to hear the options. Won't be a need to withdraw from the ATM if you don't want to.

Found this on ptsb website in relation to cash advance - what do you reckon ?

A fee of 1.5% of the advance amount or €2.00, whichever is the higher, will be applied to ATM advances. This fee is only charged on ATM withdrawals where the resulting balance, prior to charging, is in a debit position.

Sounds pretty similar (exactly the same) as what I said here:
    That's the cash interest. The actual fee (if you are not withdrawing funds that are in credit) is 1.5% with a minimum fee of €2. If you end up not paying off your bill in full, you're charged interest on the cash you withdrew. 20.96% is the interest rate in that circumstance.

SPM1959 wrote: »
    They should be able to transfer money back to your bank account or send a cheque. Give them a call to hear the options. Won't be a need to withdraw from the ATM if you don't want to.

You can withdraw €700 per day from an ATM on a PTSB Visa. If it's in credit more than €700, they'll do the transfer for you. If it's €700 or less, they won't because it can't be withdrawn at ATM.

Advertisement