Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water main - Thomas Hynes road..

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

snubbleste wrote: »
    Burst again this morning..

They obviously didn't manage to repair the main properly yesterday - our water was off until 3pm ish. I hope this isn't the start of weeks of disruption like last year....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Lumi wrote: »
    They obviously didn't manage to repair the main properly yesterday - our water was off until 3pm ish. I hope this isn't the start of weeks of disruption like last year....

I rang Irish Water/Galway City Council they said they'd have it fixed by 2ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

They are digging in the usual spot as we speak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

And it's gone again - that's three days in a row...
    Another Watermain burst Thomas Hynes Road Sunday 26th April. Crew on the way to repair. Apologies for water disruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

Anyone else suspect, as I do, that this could actually be planned infrastructural work, masquerading as "repairs" for other (possibly budgetary) reasons? Surely one water main can't burst so consistently over a number of years? What is the pipe made of, cardboard?
    The whole SQR works was due to water main infrastructure, but publicised as traffic management, so I wouldn't put anything past the Council in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

That sounds awful. I'd be sending my bill back to IW with a letter declining to pay as they have not provided you with the service you are supposed to get...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Meemars wrote: »
    Anyone else suspect, as I do, that this could actually be planned infrastructural work, masquerading as "repairs" for other (possibly budgetary) reasons? Surely one water main can't burst so consistently over a number of years? What is the pipe made of, cardboard?
    The whole SQR works was due to water main infrastructure, but publicised as traffic management, so I wouldn't put anything past the Council in that regard.

Many people you say that they aren't smart enough to think of that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Water main replacement works on the Thomas Hynes Road start Thursday

Advertisement