Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to obtain personal info from a liquidated company

Options
  • 17-07-2014 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I really need to get access to some personal information and I am entitled to it under the Data Protection Act, however the company in question has gone into liquidation. Any idea how I go about getting access to this? I have sent a letter to the liquidator who was appointed in 2010 but have yet to get a reply. Is he obliged to help?

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be a great help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Gone into liquidation, as in 'doesn't exist anymore'?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

There's every possibility that the information no longer exists, especially if the liquidator was appointed 4 years ago. Hard-drives will have been wiped, computers sold, documents shredded. Contacting the liquidator is probably the right approach, but you certainly shouldn't be relying on it

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

endacl wrote: »
    Gone into liquidation, as in 'doesn't exist anymore'?

It's a problem: generally former principals and receivers are required to retain records for 6 years after dissolution, but if records have been handed off to a liquidator, they only have to retain for (I think) a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sussipod

Yes, no way to contact them anymore. I guess I will have to just hold out for the liquidator and hope they respond to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

If the info your looking for has anything to do with wages or tax or payments you could try contacting the revenue commissioners. As far as I know they keep stuff for 6 or 7 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement