Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us Remastered - No Upgrade Discount confirmed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Its been confirmed today that anyone that already owns TLoU on PS3 won't be getting any discount for the PS4 version at all.

That's it decided for me anyhow, I won't be upgrading. Don't see why anyone that owns it for the PS3 should have to pay full whack.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/471605/no-last-of-us-ps4-upgrade-discount-for-ps3-owners/

It's not really full price though. I'm getting it off the US store for just over 35 euro. Also the game is amazing and the multiplayer is excellent so I've no problem getting it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Its been confirmed today that anyone that already owns TLoU on PS3 won't be getting any discount for the PS4 version at all.

That's it decided for me anyhow, I won't be upgrading. Don't see why anyone that owns it for the PS3 should have to pay full whack.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/471605/no-last-of-us-ps4-upgrade-discount-for-ps3-owners/

I traded my PS3 copy already toward it...

Had to pay 20 quid, I can deal with that considering I never bought the content....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

I was all set for not getting it aswell once it became apparent we wouldnt be getting a discount but i've been sucked in and probably will now...if nothing else just to see me through until Destiny. Plus TLOU is a game that i think i'll always remember...sheer class

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, to be fair the price is not 70eu for it on launch. It's between 45-50eu. It's more then a discount, as everyone wins in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Best price for anyone that's looking to buy it seems to be Gamestop UK at £29.99. You'd need to use parcel motel for delivery though I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Video games plus have it for around 33 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Video games plus have it for around 33 Euro
    Is it not CDN $49.99 + $7.49 postage which works out at around €40?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Is it not CDN $49.99 + $7.49 postage which works out at around €40?

Change the exchange rate to Euro in the site and it changes to €33.81. Hadn't counted on postage etc. So maybe another €5 after exchange rate is applied

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Well, to be fair the price is not 70eu for it on launch. It's between 45-50eu. It's more then a discount, as everyone wins in this case.
    Precisely. If they offered a discount to everyone who bought the game you'd have folks who bought it at launch or at full price complaining that they deserve a bigger discount than those who bought it later at a reduced price. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

I contacted Gamestop today and asked if this 50% trade-in offer was available outside America and was told that is an American only offer and will not be available here.

Just thought i'd let yahs know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have this on PS3 and have played about 20 minutes :(

I really need to just unplug the PC and lash through the PLaystation gmaes I have amassing, its ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

GS are doing a €9.99 with one game for TLOU .

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

I was thinking of getting this played it on ps3 and fancied going through it again with ps4 and remote play. Have a feeling it will turn up on plus soon enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Got a link, or was it in-store you saw it?

EDIT: Checked their website and no sign of it.

^^ instore. I was in there today. I know that one of the games is infamous...but there where loads more on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

So anyone know the cheapest place to get it atm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

PSN is €45, high street is €50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

All pretty much brand new ps4 / xb1 games.

They offered me €13 for TLPU PS3 and that was WITH store credit and 10% trade in 'bonus'

Farcical as CEX offer €23

All pretty much brand new ps4 / xb1 games.

They offered me €13 for TLPU PS3 and that was WITH store credit and 10% trade in 'bonus'

Farcical as CEX offer €23

No.

GS are giving you TLOU on PS4 for €9.99 with a traded in game...not €9.99 for your trade in ...:p

I totally see why you would think it was the other way though...GS are thieving bastads :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

No.

GS are giving you TLOU on PS4 for €9.99 with a traded in game...not €9.99 for your trade in ...:p

I totally see why you would think it was the other way though...GS are thieving bastads :rolleyes:

If you trade in ps3 version of LOU will they give you the 10euro buy option for ps4 or is it only for games released within the past 3months or so???

• Advertisement

biggebruv wrote: »
    If you trade in ps3 version of LOU will they give you the 10euro buy option for ps4 or is it only for games released within the past 3months or so???

I'm not sure. If I'm in town again I'le grab a list from the store and post the games for trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Heres the €9.99 list:
    DRAGON BALL Z BATTLE Z (PS3)
    WATCH DOGS (PS3)
    AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2 (PS4)
    BATTLEFIELD 4 (PS4)
    BOUND BY FLAME (PS4)
    COD GHOSTS (PS4)
    INFAMOUS SECOND SON (PS4)
    LEGO MARVEL SUPERHEROES (PS4)
    LEGO MOVIE (PS4)
    MURDERED SOUL SUSPECT (PS4)
    SNIPER ELITE 3 (PS4)
    TOMB RAIDER (PS4)
    UFC (PS4)
    WATCH DOGS (PS4)
    WOLFENSTEIN NEW ORDER (PS4)
    LEGO BATMAN 2 Wii U
    MARIO KART 8 Wii U
    SCRIBBLENAUTS UNLIMITED Wii U
    SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD Wii U
    ZELDA WIND WAKER HD Wii U
    DRAGON BALL Z BATTLE Z (Xbox 360)
    WATCH DOGS (Xbox 360)
    AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2 (Xbox One)
    ASSASSINS CREED 4 (Xbox One)
    COD GHOSTS (Xbox One)
    FORZA 5 (Xbox One)
    MURDERED SOUL SUSPECT (Xbox One)
    SNIPER ELITE 3 (Xbox One)
    TOMB RAIDER (Xbox One)
    UFC (Xbox One)
    WATCH DOGS (Xbox One)
    WOLFENSTEIN NEW ORDER (Xbox One)

Trading in your old TLOU will get you about 25-35% off the cost of TLOUR, depending where you are on the loyalty program. And this is only if you trade in whilst pre-ordering TLOUR.
    GS are thieving bastads :rolleyes:

As one of the people that sets up these promotions at GS... I'm kinda wondering what we're going to do with all the TLOU PS3 games we get that (a) everyone on PS3 has already played and (b) won't be sold as everyone upgrades to PS4 console/version in the next 4/5 months...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Best price for anyone that's looking to buy it seems to be Gamestop UK at £29.99. You'd need to use parcel motel for delivery though I think

38 pounds plus the delivery and then parcel motel charges... It would be cheaper to buy it over here really or just a small bit more expensive. All that included it would be about 50 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Yeah if you trade in a game you probably spend 70-75 on to get it for 10 euro... You make very little of that deal.. If you were going to trade go to cex

But 25% of the last of us remastered is €12.50, and 35% is....... €17.50? Not exactly the pinnacle of generosity, considering its then sold on for €42.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I'm not sure you're going to find the value you believe your copy is worth. Even over on CeX they're only offering €19 cash for it.

The trouble with the PS3 version is that its over a year old, and everyone on PS3 bought it (all those Game of the Year awards). Everyone who wanted to play it, has played it. Now due to the remastered edition, theres a huge influx of traded copies for a game thats on a "dying" console (most retailers believe this is going to be PS3's last Christmas :( ) . A lot of the copies that CeX and GS take in will sit on shelves and gather dust. I think that's what the current trade prices are reflecting.

I'm not trying to argue/piss you off here - just explaining the reality of the situation.

I dont disagree with what your saying per se, I'm sure its the same with a lot things, everyone plays something, then trades it in, fair enough. But a fair price for a trade in for me, would be say, 50%. Now I'm not the one running gamestop or any game store, so maybe I don't know nothing, but thats how I'd see it. 25% off for a trade in off a game your then going to sell for well above that, well it strikes me as not good value*

*I'm not trading my own in, cos I have a cool Joel edition :cool: and I have it bought and paid for it at HMV anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Bank holiday weekend will be entirely devoted to this.

Survivor playthrough.

Maybe i'll record a death montage. Be a long ass recording though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I just bought it on the US PSN for $50 ~ €37, bought my US Store card through Amazon.com, used Oregon state address, i'll be playing this tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I was going to go that route but the file size is putting me off. At least if i have the disc i can reinstall much quicker than to re download 50gb

Advertisement