Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us Remastered - No Upgrade Discount confirmed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

25euros in cex was what i got for the ps3 version back when this was annouced cant go wrong with that

I do wonder what they will do with all these ps3 copys aswell lol

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

When is this actually out here? Can't figure out if its the 30th or the 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

rafi bomb wrote: »
    When is this actually out here? Can't figure out if its the 30th or the 1st

30th in Europe and the 1st in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

I traded in watchdogs (ps4) and TLOU ps3 edition to get the remastered. I was a bit surprised my ps3 copy only got me €13 in credit as i'm level 3 member and was under the impression i got a further 25% off preorders.
    In saying that i'm getting the remastered ps4 eiditon without physically handing over any cash so i'm happy enough with that. Love the game.

Some of the trade in prices though do seem low (apart from the trade in a selected newish game and get a new release for 9.99)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

Is the game actually out today the 30th as it says Europe, or are we being lumped in with the UK again for a Friday release date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Lumped in with UK as usual

jones wrote: »
    I traded in watchdogs (ps4) and TLOU ps3 edition to get the remastered. I was a bit surprised my ps3 copy only got me €13 in credit as i'm level 3 member and was under the impression i got a further 25% off preorders.
    In saying that i'm getting the remastered ps4 eiditon without physically handing over any cash so i'm happy enough with that. Love the game.

Some of the trade in prices though do seem low (apart from the trade in a selected newish game and get a new release for 9.99)

If theres a cex handy near ya you could have gotton 19 cash
    https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=0711719274551

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

gamestop have a trade in watchdogs and get TLOU for 10quid if that helps anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Found the steelbook version (limited to Amazon.de). Will this work fine on my Irish PS and can I change the language to english?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Fantastic price on Adverts, €39

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/the-last-of-us-remastered-ps4/6075421

I've bought PSN vouchers off this guy before . Nps at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

I bought LOU on PSN yesterday, pre-order , 45 euro.

It has a timer that ends at 1am tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭plastik90

Got this on Tuesday and just finished today (15ish hours game time), first time playing the game not only the remastered and I have to say I wasn't let down one bit.

So much hype surrounded it I thought it might be a bit of a disappointment but it quickly went up to one of my favorite games ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Cannot wait to play this tomorrow! Haven't played it at all yet and it's a bank holiday weekend so might get a few decent hours in :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I bought and cleared the PS3 version and got hours out of the game so I'm very tempted to pick it up for PS4, I know I wont regret it, even if I know the whole story, cut scenes etc.

I didnt play MP much with the PS3 but I'd be mad into MP for the PS4.

Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I bought and cleared the PS3 version and got hours out of the game so I'm very tempted to pick it up for PS4, I know I wont regret it, even if I know the whole story, cut scenes etc.

I didnt play MP much with the PS3 but I'd be mad into MP for the PS4.

Decisions, decisions.

(whispers in his ear)........do it.......... I think I'll be making the plunge later as well. Had it for the PS3, finished it, loved it, never played the single player dlc either or multiplayer. Now, to either get the steelbook from amazon.de or standard.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I bought it on PS3 release week, but through work and college I havent finished yet. It's in my pile of "games to finish when I get the chance". A key factor in me not finishing it was me upgrading to PS$. I predominently use that at the moment, but still have the PS3 pugged in ready to go. Debating upgrading to the PS4 version as I would be much more likely to finish it if I had it on PS4. But only getting 13 euro towards a trade in and shelling out full price again is really putting me off

The trade in value at CEX seems to be better if you can get to one of those shops.

I've a couple of PS3 games I'm going to be trading anyway and that money will go towards the remastered TLOU.

I sold my PS3 as one of my buddies one had packed in around christmas and he didnt want a PS4 as he'd just bought GTA V, TLOU and FIFA14 for his PS3 so sold him my one and I'm stuck with a s**t tonne of games for the PS3 now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

(Disclaimer: I work for GameStop.. please don't beat me for shilling)

We are giving +50% trade credit on all PS4/Xbox One software this weekend. I got a call this morning from one of our store managers where a customer traded in a PS4 game against TLOUR and only had to pay 2 euro. He thought the promotion was broken lol

Anyways, hopefully we're beating out CeX for trade value this weekend (on PS4/XB1).

Umaro wrote: »

We are giving +50% trade credit on all PS4/Xbox One software this weekend. I got a call this morning from one of our store managers where a customer traded in a PS4 game against TLOUR and only had to pay 2 euro. He thought the promotion was broken lol

Anyways, hopefully we're beating out CeX for trade value this weekend (on PS4/XB1).

Could be an option alright.

I've not played FIFA or Assasin's Creed in recent weeks so could be trading in with Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Yep, just bear in mind that the older the game the lower the starting trade value is.

I just did some comparisons between us and CeX. We'll beat them easily on Watch Dogs, UFC etc, but are matching/lower on older stuff like Killzone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

There should be discount for people who already own TLoU on PS3. But if there be that discount, how we could proove that we have TLoU on PS3 and get discount?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

carti2k wrote: »
    There should be discount for people who already own TLoU on PS3. But if there be that discount, how we could proove that we have TLoU on PS3 and get discount?

Same way they did it for CoD Ghosts and BF4 - needs the PS3 disk in the PS4 as verification.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

F1ngers wrote: »
    Same way they did it for CoD Ghosts and BF4 - needs the PS3 disk in the PS4 as verification.
    That is the solution if I buy digital version. But if I buy game in normal store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

But there isn't a discount, that was the point of this topic. And if you want a discount inshore, you'll have to trade it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Umaro wrote: »

Well thats me decided, trading in all my old ps3 games today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

phill106 wrote: »
    Well thats me decided, trading in all my old ps3 games today :)

Just rang my local gamestop they are given 14 euro cash or 20 euro credit for FIFA ps4 no 50% extra on offer.

Ive got ps3 trophies for this game. Do you have to unlock them again or is it ones youve yet to unlock on the PS4 the ones that'll pop up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ive got ps3 trophies for this game. Do you have to unlock them again or is it ones youve yet to unlock on the PS4 the ones that'll pop up?

It's a whole new trophy set.
    Starting from scratch.

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's a whole new trophy set.
    Starting from scratch.

:o

Ah right. Started it on hard and im sure ive forgot where a few of the pendants are relative to where I am. I'll just have to play through it multiple times, its worth it anyway, great game. :)

• Advertisement

I bought it

Can someone answer my question about grounded mode before I get into it or even If I do get into it.

are the checkpoints when you die bring you right back to where you left off or futher back??

like if I die at the high school bloater fight will I return right back to that part or will I be brought back even futher??

Advertisement