Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us Remastered - No Upgrade Discount confirmed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

biggebruv wrote: »
    I bought it

Can someone answer my question about grounded mode before I get into it or even If I do get into it.

are the checkpoints when you die bring you right back to where you left off or futher back??

like if I die at the high school bloater fight will I return right back to that part or will I be brought back even futher??

Same checkpoints in grounded as other modes.

Checkpoints are generous, but some bring you back a fair bit.

All wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

F1ngers wrote: »

which ones though I always remember when I died I would be right back where I was:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

They aren't actually. Bit more sparce. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

biggebruv wrote: »
    which ones though I always remember when I died I would be right back where I was:confused:

Whole game spoilers within to do with the difference in checkpoints
    Checkpoints:
    - Checkpoints are eliminated in almost all combat areas, dying during these parts has the same effect as pausing the game and choosing "Restart Encounter"

Notably difficult portions:
    - Bill's Snare Trap (Infected runners will 1 hit kill Joel if they grab him)
    - High School in Bill's Town (getting killed by the 3 runners after killing the bloater will restart at the beginning of the bloater fight)
    - Pittsburgh Hotel Basement (Notorious already, run like hell strategy still works though)
    - Pittsburgh Financial Plaza Fight (No checkpoints)
    - Suburbs Sewer Holdout Fight
    - Tommy's Dam Defense (No checkpoints)
    - University Escape
    - Lakeside Mine Defense with David
    - Hospital (No Checkpoints through this entire sequence until you grab Ellie)

- Oh yeah the Save Joel Fight at the end of Left Behind

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Checkpoints:
    - Checkpoints are eliminated in almost all combat areas, dying during these parts has the same effect as pausing the game and choosing "Restart Encounter"

- High School in Bill's Town (getting killed by the 3 runners after killing the bloater will restart at the beginning of the bloater fight)
    - Pittsburgh Hotel Basement (Notorious already, run like hell strategy still works though)
    - University Escape

Ah crap.
    Just into my survivor playthrough, assumed they were the same checkpoints.
    Going to be rough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Checkpoints:

- University Escape

cheers for that no way am I doing this mode so haha I wanna have fun with the game not spend hours stresssing myself out haha I like the idea of it and am glad they added it but its not for me so back to surviver or hard mode I go :o HAHA

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Are Gamestop still doing the €9.99 deal, gonna pick it up tomorrow and trade in Watch_Dogs if they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Xenji wrote: »
    Are Gamestop still doing the €9.99 deal, gonna pick it up tomorrow and trade in Watch_Dogs if they are.

What ? you trade in watchdogs and pay a tenner ?. I went to extravision and traded in Murdered soul suspect, got 52e for it, so got TLoU and 2 euro to spare.. have you checked the trade in value for WD's in xtravision ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Go to Xtravision/HMV as they are more likely to have a Day 1 edition left, you should get at least €40 for Watchdogs too so it will cost €9.99 and you wont have to deal with the ****ty Game Protection from you know who.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What ? you trade in watchdogs and pay a tenner ?. I went to extravision and traded in Murdered soul suspect, got 52e for it, so got TLoU and 2 euro to spare.. have you checked the trade in value for WD's in xtravision ?
    Go to Xtravision/HMV as they are more likely to have a Day 1 edition left, you should get at least €40 for Watchdogs too so it will cost €9.99 and you wont have to deal with the ****ty Game Protection from you know who.

I will have a look tomorrow, we probably have the worst Xtravision in the country, it was meant to close so they sold most of their stock and let go all the staff, somehow they decided to keep it open and had to hire all new staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Loving the remaster so far. Playing on easy for my first play through to get my reactions and tactics sorted.

Will be slowly marching my way towards grounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Hi,
    I got the day 1 edition of this with the promo code for the survival pack. I entered it into the redeem codes section on the PS store and it says "Thank you the promotion code has been redeemed." Nothing has downloaded though so has it worked? How can I check?

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Hi,
    I got the day 1 edition of this with the promo code for the survival pack. I entered it into the redeem codes section on the PS store and it says "Thank you the promotion code has been redeemed." Nothing has downloaded though so has it worked? How can I check?

Thanks...

During a campaign Press the touchpad and cycle to the skills. If you have a point in faster reload, faster crafting, and faster healing and you didn't put them there then you have the bonuses active.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Playing the game on easy is just ****e, yeah the whole story is great but its boring.

Couldnt stick it out so I ramped it up to hard.

Playing the game on easy is just ****e, yeah the whole story is great but its boring.

Couldnt stick it out so I ramped it up to hard.

The only reason to play easy is when you're going for platinum and want to do the collection trophies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

The only reason to play easy is when you're going for platinum and want to do the collection trophies.

Replaying PS4 version now, 2nd time playing, cleared PS3 version on normal. PS4 version is on hard and I have to say, once you've played once it feels easier 2nd time around even on hard

Replaying PS4 version now, 2nd time playing, cleared PS3 version on normal. PS4 version is on hard and I have to say, once you've played once it feels easier 2nd time around even on hard

Totally agree.
    First play through on PS4 was on hard, and now playing survivor+ and I'm finding it a lot easier to do.

Can't wait to see what grounded is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Just started it again on hard... Would you recommend kicking it up a notch to survivor then?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Playing on normal and doing a full collectibles and conversation run through.

Can anyone confirm for sure that for the Joel upgrades, that both Shiv and Listening enhancements do not count towards the trophy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Does anyone know why trophies arent unlocking for me when im playing this? Im playing on normal at the moment if that makes any difference

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why trophies arent unlocking for me when im playing this? Im playing on normal at the moment if that makes any difference

What trophies have you completed?

During my first play through, I only popped one trophy - Craft every item.

When I finished it, I popped all the difficulty trophies up to and including hard trophy.

Im on 0% for trophies but only on my first playthrough. I might ramp things up to hard if it means getting the trophies

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Even on Survivor the only hard parts are
    when you play as Ellie. I don't even want to know what the death count was for me, poor girl :pac:

The rest is just conserving shivs and ammo. Stealth is your best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,819 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Unlike most games, you don't get trophies just for completing sections of the game. You really have to earn the single-player ones. Have a look at the trophy list and see if there's any you thought you should have unlocked, but chances are if you're still on your first playthrough, you simply haven't unlocked any yet.
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Even on Survivor the only hard parts are
    when you play as Ellie. I don't even want to know what the death count was for me, poor girl :pac:

The rest is just conserving shivs and ammo. Stealth is your best friend.

I played on Normal on PS3 and just finished it on Hard on PS4 now. Knowing how best to conserve ammo and supplies this time round definitely helped. Add to that I died more times in easier parts of the game than I did in the tough parts just because I became a lot more focused on stealth and letting myself be killed rather than use bombs/molotovs/health in some cases. Overall I probably had better supplies throughout Hard mode than Normal by just being conservative with them.

That being said, don't know if I'll try Survivor or Grounded mode.

Im on 0% for trophies but only on my first playthrough. I might ramp things up to hard if it means getting the trophies

For the game alone, there are sixteen(I think) trophies(excluding difficulty related trophies(which stack)).
    You won't get the trophies no matter what the difficulty is - you need to complete the objectives.

Most of the trophies will pop in the final couple of levels as they are mainly "collection" trophies.

EDIT:
    Penn wrote: »
    That being said, don't know if I'll try Survivor or Grounded mode.

I'm doing the Survivor+ run through and am in the
    Hospital
    , I have three med kits, three molotovs plus the makings of another on.
    I also have three smoke bombs and one nail bomb.
    My ammo count is not too shabby either.

Playing on hard first was harder, if that makes sense.

I'm doing the Survivor+ run through and am in the
    Hospital
    , I have three med kits, three molotovs plus the makings of another on.
    I also have three smoke bombs and one nail bomb.
    My ammo count is not too shabby either.

Playing on hard first was harder, if that makes sense.

Absolutely makes sense. Knowing when the difficult unavoidable bits are coming up and when to conserve ammo/supplies is vital for harder difficulties.
    The hotel basement was actually fine for me this time around as I managed to be fairly stealthy through it. The sewers with Henry and Sam was worse.
    Worst part of it all though was that it was only when I was nearly finished Hard mode that I discovered
    you can melee clickers with a brick. So many wasted shivs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is it just me or
    It was easier with Ellie in left behind than with Joel. Infinite use knife is much handier than making shivs.

Its generally much easier than I remember though. I haven't died once yet, stealth is king. Barely fired my gun.

Unlike most games, you don't get trophies just for completing sections of the game. You really have to earn the single-player ones. Have a look at the trophy list and see if there's any you thought you should have unlocked, but chances are if you're still on your first playthrough, you simply haven't unlocked any yet.

Cool, thanks for that. Sounds good that i dont just unlock them for playing and have to earn them.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Is it just me or
    It was easier with Ellie in left behind than with Joel. Infinite use knife is much handier than making shivs.

Its generally much easier than I remember though. I haven't died once yet, stealth is king. Barely fired my gun.
    Well, even though you have an infinite use knife, you pretty much sacrifice any chance of melee when you get into trouble unless you stun with a bottle or brick. Few times as Joel (most notably in the Sewers when you get stuck with Sam), I'd lure Runners/Stalkers to me one at a time and melee them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

you can melee clickers with a brick. So many wasted shivs...
    Possibly the hardest thing about grounded (and survivor?) is that doesn't work.

I'm at the
    searchlight just before the bridge
    and am reasonably well equipped, 2 molotovs and 7 shotgun shells, for what's coming up.

Advertisement