Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vases!

Options
  • 17-07-2014 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Is there nowhere in Cork City that sells vases for a reasonable price any more?? :confused:

I've been trying to buy a small vase for weeks, and no-one seems to have any!! So far I've tried:

Woodies
    Heaton's
    Next
    Debs
    Meadows & Byrnes
    B & Q
    I've also looked in some of the shops on North Main St. NOBODY seems to have any!!

Is there anywhere else I can try?

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Style25 on Drawbridge Street usually have vases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

2Nd hand shops are great for vases or try Tk maxx?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The homewares section of Dunnes should have some nice, reasonably-priced vases and such?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Is there nowhere in Cork City that sells vases for a reasonable price any more?? :confused:

I've been trying to buy a small vase for weeks, and no-one seems to have any!! So far I've tried:

Woodies
    Heaton's
    Next
    Debs
    Meadows & Byrnes
    B & Q
    I've also looked in some of the shops on North Main St. NOBODY seems to have any!!

Is there anywhere else I can try?

TIA :)

M&S, Dunnes, Home Store & More, BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

evilivor wrote: »
    M&S, Dunnes, Home Store & More, BT.

M & S, Dunnes and Home Store & more don't have them either. Was in Douglas and Mahon yesterday to look, and none of them have them.

Not tried BT though. Might have a look there, and there's a sale ATM so might be able to get something reasonable...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

What kind of vases are you looking for and for what price.. Defo the second hand stores always have loads, the second hand place on Centre park road has them. If you want nice enough plastic but pretty ones go to deals or the 2euro shop in douglas

I prefer glass. Might have a look at the 2nd hand shops in town. Funny - I bought a large vase from Heaton's about a year ago, so that was the first place I looked. I'm told they no longer sell them!! Neither do Woodie's or Home Store and more.

Dunnes had some in Patrick St, but they were too big. I'd like a small to med sized one to hold some of my sweet peas and hydrangea which are flowering like mad now. The scent from the sweet peas is wonderful and thought I'd pick some for the house. Some hope!

Odd it is always when you want one.. Oh I was thinking that if you wanted to go all out haha you could order some flowers and you get loverly medium sized vases with them but then thought sure just call to a flower shop if you get badly stuck they would sell them on or call to central floral supplies up by musgraves

Milly - You are a GENIUS!! :D Just had a look at the Central Floral Supplies site. They have exactly what I wanted, and the prices are very reasonable. Will be popping by later...

Thanks again!

Whooppp sorted don't know why I didn't think of them.. Enjoy the smell of the sweet peas!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement