Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flowers Direct - Last minute delivery cancellation

Options
  • 17-07-2014 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

Ordered a bouquet for my wife's anniversary yesterday from FlowersDirect.ie for delivery today.

Today they just casually email me to say that they have no couriers in the area and that they've delivery arranged for tomorrow. Wonder do they understand the concept of an "anniversary"? :mad:

I cancelled the order, no apology or anything from Flowers Direct. Not impressed at all. If they’d offered to deduct the delivery fee or offered some kind of reparation, I may have considered accepting delivery tomorrow. Kinda typical of a lot of Irish businesses to be honest, no savvy whatsoever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

But Flowersdirect do understand about Sales Volume not being large enough here in the Republic not to justify employeeing more couriers. The market is not big enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Is that an excuse for poor customer service though? And who says they have to use their own couriers? Plenty of independent couriers out there.

From their own website: "We've got every town and county in Ireland covered".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

From their own website: "We've got every town and county in Ireland covered".

They do, but they may not have every part covered every single day, which seems to be the case.

I can totally understand your frustration, but they let you know they could not deliver on the date you requested, so you took your business elsewhere. These things do happen.

Paulw wrote: »
    They do, but they may not have every part covered every single day, which seems to be the case.

I can totally understand your frustration, but they let you know they could not deliver on the date you requested, so you took your business elsewhere. These things do happen.

No, they emailed me this morning, the day the delivery was expected to take place, to say they couldn't deliver.

So now I've the "choice" of ordering somewhere else and paying extra for same day delivery or purchasing last minute from a bricks and mortar store.

Its not even the delivery issue I have the biggest beef with, its the casual nature in which I was contacted via email without any kind of acceptable apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

No, they emailed me this morning, the day the delivery was expected to take place, to say they couldn't deliver.

So now I've the "choice" of ordering somewhere else and paying extra for same day delivery or purchasing last minute from a bricks and mortar store.

Its not even the delivery issue I have the biggest beef with, its the casual nature in which I was contacted via email without any kind of acceptable apology.

At what time yesterday did you order? I can understand your annoyance if you ordered early yesterday morning but if you only ordered last afternoon/evening then getting an email this morning seems very reasonable under the circumstances.

Every online florist has a similar disclaimer that they will try but not guarantee delivery on a certain date.
    http://www.flowersdirect.ie/terms-and-conditions/
    4.6 Whilst we agree to use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that delivery will be on the requested delivery date or during the delivery period you acknowledge that actual delivery will be via a local florist or for certain orders via third party courier or postal service and in very occasional circumstances delivery on the requested terms will not be possible. In such circumstances you will be given prior notice wherever possible and we shall either make alternative arrangements or shall reimburse your payment in full in accordance with clause 1.5 above. Orders fulfilled via courier or postal services will be despatched the day prior to the nominated delivery date.

• Advertisement

Well delivery on the day requested should be bread and butter for these types of businesses. We're not talking about a 4K flat screen tv delivery being late, meaning you can't see Miriam o'Callaghan in stunning HD until a day later. We're talking about a date specific type delivery.

Again, these things happen, but mainly annoyed at the "shrugged shoulders" email I got.

Lesson learned, will vote with my wallet next time. Seems to be the only thing some businesses understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Orlaor

deleted as you registered here to explicitly post after already posting your grievances on their FB page.

Advertisement