Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking delivery from Knowhow.

Options
  • 17-07-2014 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

I was meant to be taking my wheelchair-bound grandmother to a hospital appointment today. I wheeled her to the front door, but couldn't open it. It was blocked up nearly chest-high with rubbish, gigantic cardboard box, tons of massive pieces of foam, plastic and all sorts of things. The walkway leading to my house was inaccessible. I simply couldn't get her out. Knowhow from Currys were delivering a fridge to a house 2 doors down from me, and they'd unwrapped the fridge outside of my house and piled up the entrance to my front door with all the rubbish. We were trapped inside the house for so long that we missed the hospital appointment. Eventually the delivery driver cleared away the big pieces of rubbish, but left loads of smaller wrapping outside my house which I had to clean up myself. I phoned knowhow to complain but they didn't seem very interested. I am disgusted that they would do such a thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,183 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I was meant to be taking my wheelchair-bound grandmother to a hospital appointment today. I wheeled her to the front door, but couldn't open it. It was blocked up nearly chest-high with rubbish, gigantic cardboard box, tons of massive pieces of foam, plastic and all sorts of things. The walkway leading to my house was inaccessible. I simply couldn't get her out. Knowhow from Currys were delivering a fridge to a house 2 doors down from me, and they'd unwrapped the fridge outside of my house and piled up the entrance to my front door with all the rubbish. We were trapped inside the house for so long that we missed the hospital appointment. Eventually the delivery driver cleared away the big pieces of rubbish, but left loads of smaller wrapping outside my house which I had to clean up myself. I phoned knowhow to complain but they didn't seem very interested. I am disgusted that they would do such a thing.
    It wasnt 'they' it was the driver. Im not trying to belittle your point or defend your man for blocking your door but if it was just foam and cardboard could you not move it and then you wouldnt have been 'trapped'. How many massive tons of foam would come with a fridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

It wasnt 'they' it was the driver. Im not trying to belittle your point or defend your man for blocking your door but if it was just foam and cardboard could you not move it and then you wouldnt have been 'trapped'. How many massive tons of foam would come with a fridge?

This really misses the point. OP should not have to have done this at all.

A few photos and a call to the litter warden might get the offenders to take an interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,183 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

NUTLEY BOY wrote: »
    This really misses the point. OP should not have to have done this at all.

A few photos and a call to the litter warden might get the offenders to take an interest.

My point is there was no need to feel 'trapped' if they just moved the light items. Of course they shouldnt have been there in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

My experience of KnowHow is that they simply don't know how to do anything right. Had a terrible experience with them and would never buy from Currys again as a result. Have a thread on here about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Let's stick to the OP's issue please.

slimjimmc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

While I absolutely agree that the rubbish shouldn't have been piled up in front of your house, you could have (1) moved it yourself or (2) walked over to the Knowhow people and asked them to move it. I find it hard to imagine that you were actually "trapped".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

No I couldn't. I was actually trapped inside the house. There was loads of stuff pushed right up against the door and at such an angle that it was being pushed against a wall when I was banging the door against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

So how did you get out in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

No I couldn't. I was actually trapped inside the house. There was loads of stuff pushed right up against the door and at such an angle that it was being pushed against a wall when I was banging the door against it.

Your front door opens outwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Yes it was my porch door, it opens outwards and I got out in the end because eventually the delivery bloke took away the worst of the rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Wow, that seems like a one in a million scenario, but I don't doubt you.

I'd write a registered letter of complaint. To be honest, there's no way that the delivery people should be leaving material piled up against someone else's front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I hope you took a photo because on 1st reading it, it does sound like you have blown it out of proportion so a photo would make sure it was exactly as you describe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Yes it was my porch door, it opens outwards and I got out in the end because eventually the delivery bloke took away the worst of the rubbish.

It sounds like such a perfect storm of unlikely scenarios that I would be inclined not to blame the Currys guy.

Advertisement