Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone worked with sales agents?

Options
  • 17-07-2014 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Would like to mail/speak with someone who has used this channel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

msdoc wrote: »
    Would like to mail/speak with someone who has used this channel.

I have, PM away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 msdoc

Great.
    I was looking to get an independent sales agent
    Would we have a contract between us? Would kind of terms would be in the contract? I don't have a problem with exclusivity but just want to have my eyes open.
    Do they actually take orders for me or just made trade visits and present the products and I would pay them commission on any orders that the shop placed? As in, would the shops order through my website or with the sales rep or both?
    What materials do you give them? Products samples, product info sheets?
    Would you interview them? Meet/phone regularly? What does the relationship typically look like?

Probably very basic questions but I don't have a clue how it works.
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 42 msdoc

anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

did you know that sales agents effectively have the same rights as full time permanent employees, if they are individuals but not if they are companies?? Be very very careful. It is EU legislation and you need to check it out fully. read this for starters!! Then worry about how to pay them later, structure is prime issue the rest is detail.

http://www.adrianburke.ie/legal-updates/compensation-rights.html

Advertisement