Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planned Works on Sallins Road Overbridge - Starting 6th August 2014

Options
  • 17-07-2014 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

Public Notice from KCC
    Essential bridge rehabilitation works to the Sallins Road Overbridge (located over the M7 Motorway on the R407 between Naas and Sallins) are programmed to commence on the 6th August 2014. The anticipated duration of the works is 8 weeks.

The following traffic restrictions will be in place:
    Sallins to Naas: Existing traffic movements from Sallins to Naas will be maintained except for occasional night time periods (8.00pm to 6.00am) when traffic flow will be controlled by a stop/go traffic management system.
    Naas to Sallins: From Wednesday 6th August at 10.00am to Wednesday 20th August at 6.00am traffic will not be able to access Sallins directly from Naas on the R407 i.e across the M7 motorway bridge. A diversion route via the N7, northbound to Junction 7 (Kill Interchange), Straffan and Clane will be in operation. This traffic restriction will be in place permanently over the 2 week period.
    Outside of this 2 week period existing traffic movements from Naas to Sallins will be maintained except for occasional night time periods (8.00pm to 6.00am) when traffic flow will be controlled by a stop/go traffic management system.

Pedestrian traffic over the bridge will be maintained at all times. However, only one footpath will be in operation during the works period.

Every effort will be made to ensure that the works are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.

Kildare County Council would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience which this scheme may cause to all road users and residents of the surrounding area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

boccy23 wrote: »
    This traffic restriction will be in place permanently over the 2 week period

There was 2 way traffic on the bridge at lunchtime today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

2 way traffic since Monday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

What work is actually being done?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

What work is actually being done?

Preventative maintenance I think. The bridges are at the end of their design life, so they are being stripped, inspected, upgraded if necessary and re surfaced.
    Also, there are provisions for footpath lighting being installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

prospect wrote: »
    Preventative maintenance I think. The bridges are at the end of their design life, so they are being stripped, inspected, upgraded if necessary and re surfaced.
    Also, there are provisions for footpath lighting being installed.

Seems like a tight enough time line for all of that. At least it's before the schools go back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

boccy23 wrote: »
    Public Notice from KCC
    Essential bridge rehabilitation works to the Sallins Road Overbridge (located over the M7 Motorway on the R407 between Naas and Sallins) are programmed to commence on the 6th August 2014. The anticipated duration of the works is 8 weeks.

Hi. Does anyone know when this will be finished.

It looks like they are dragging it out a bit. Its taken 4 weeks to lift the footpath install some ducting and lay curbs. And they are still only half way through one side. 3 men working sluggishly on a fairly major route.

The reason im asking is that it is dangerous to commute by cycle over it. No room for a cycle on the pedestrian pass either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Ok, it's a separate project I guess, but what is the planned end date for the works at the roundabout on the Naas side of the bridge?

It looks close to completion, but I haven't seen any work going on in recent weeks.

I would think they missed their window to lay the new surface due to the freezing temps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Jeez it's been balmy most mornings.

I know. But by the looks of it, they moved to another job since.

I see James Lawless is on the case. Although its doing no good.

Typical arse ways Kildare Council planning. Any other place it would have been finished long ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement