Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post

Options
  • 17-07-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Was waiting for a delivery from an post which was slow in arriving. It was a registered package so checked on their track and trace system and it said it was on route to customer. A week later rang their customer care and spoke to a very surly "adviser" who said he would ring me back and hung up abruptly. 2 days later no call so I contacted the sender. His advice was that I should go a post office and check there. I go there and I'm told straight away that the parcel has been returned to sender that the wrong address was on the parcel. What sort of a service is that surely the original person could have checked and returned my call and secondly the address is one that I have used several times without a problem. Come on An Post you can do better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

So it hasn't crossed your mind that the sender might have used the wrong address altogether? An Post are quite good at getting mail delivered to the correct address if there are misspellings or even whole lines missing from the address but no one can deliver to you if the sender used someone else's address.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭shamco

slimjimmc wrote: »
    So it hasn't crossed your mind that the sender might have used the wrong address altogether? An Post are quite good at getting mail delivered to the correct address if there are misspellings or even whole lines missing from the address but no one can deliver to you if the sender used someone else's address.

The address was correct and used numerous times

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

shamco wrote: »
    The address was correct and used numerous times

Did the sender send you a photo of the pack with the address on it? When I used to run a record distro I used to always send a pic of packets / parcels to people and you'd be suprised how many replied saying that I put the address wrong but when told to check emails we exchanged it would show they left a line blank or number wrong...

I also have a buddy living in Donegal who claimed if you sent him a letter with just his name and donegal on it he would get it...and guess what...he did ha ha...

also its up to sender to be chasing down an post not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭shamco

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Yes but my problem is the dismissive response from An Post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

shamco wrote: »
    Yes but my problem is the dismissive response from An Post
    Don't deal with an post at all because you have no business with them, you direct your annoyance at the sender and at the person(s) who used the incorrect address!

When you say it is an address that has been used a few times before you forget that a usual postie or depot person will know exactly who it is for but when people arrive to cover for illness/holidays/paternity/maternity leave etc the replacement posties don't have a clue who we are or what addresses to expect, so best to use the proper and correct address EVERY TIME.

• Advertisement
Advertisement