Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Monitors

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I was a father that had a heart attack when the wife told me the cost of the angel monitor . But were on child 3 now and it's done us good. Can't understand for the life of me how somebody can be concerned about monitoring a baby. They talk about car alarms/house alarms, ....there's nothing there that can't be re placed .
    Baby monitor ........I'll hold on to mine .....I'll go one step further and say its possibly up there with the most important things i ever bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Just had a read through the three pages of responses- first thanks to everyone for replying. I didn't think it would be such a popular topic!

It seems the angelcare is very popular and the senor mat seems to be a personal choice. I will have to discuss with the better half to see if this is something that we want to use or not.

I assume there is only one anglecare model? If not is there one that people would recommend?

We have looked at the BT 250 monitor and read some reviews that the battery life can be an issue. Has anyone with one experienced this?

I like the sound of a camera monitor so you can see what the baby is up to without having to go into the room. Been looking at the Motorola MBP35, does anyone have this or know anyone who has? The reviews seem to be positive.

Thanks again for all the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I plug the battery into the charger every evening and if I bring it to the room at 10 I'd probably get until 6am from it. Then it starts beeping to say it needs to be recharged. I'm not sure if that's good or not but it's enough for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Just to add to the mix I have the BT video monitor camera, I find it fantastic. It only clicks on when she makes noise, it has 5 different sensitivity levels and you can get additional cameras for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

TRS30 wrote: »
    Just had a read through the three pages of responses- first thanks to everyone for replying. I didn't think it would be such a popular topic!

It seems the angelcare is very popular and the senor mat seems to be a personal choice. I will have to discuss with the better half to see if this is something that we want to use or not.

I assume there is only one anglecare model? If not is there one that people would recommend?

We have looked at the BT 250 monitor and read some reviews that the battery life can be an issue. Has anyone with one experienced this?

I like the sound of a camera monitor so you can see what the baby is up to without having to go into the room. Been looking at the Motorola MBP35, does anyone have this or know anyone who has? The reviews seem to be positive.

Thanks again for all the replies.

There is a newer version of the MBP35
    Its the Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Baby Monitor

We have the Motorola MBP28 with 3 cameras and it is very good and extremely reliable so I would imagine the MBP36S would be a step up and even better.

Lots of details here - http://www.motorola.co.uk/consumers/baby-monitors-top/

• Advertisement

I plug the battery into the charger every evening and if I bring it to the room at 10 I'd probably get until 6am from it. Then it starts beeping to say it needs to be recharged. I'm not sure if that's good or not but it's enough for me

Thanks, sounds like the battery last long enough then.
    cyning wrote: »
    Just to add to the mix I have the BT video monitor camera, I find it fantastic. It only clicks on when she makes noise, it has 5 different sensitivity levels and you can get additional cameras for it too.

This one?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-Digital-Video-Baby-Monitor/dp/B006WLBINO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405696627&sr=8-1&keywords=BT+video+monitor+camera
    There is a newer version of the MBP35
    Its the Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Baby Monitor

We have the Motorola MBP28 with 3 cameras and it is very good and extremely reliable so I would imagine the MBP36S would be a step up and even better.

Lots of details here - http://www.motorola.co.uk/consumers/baby-monitors-top/

Thanks- will look though that link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

TRS30 wrote: »
    Thanks, sounds like the battery last long enough then.

This one?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-Digital-Video-Baby-Monitor/dp/B006WLBINO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405696627&sr=8-1&keywords=BT+video+monitor+camera

Thanks- will look though that link.

Sorry yes that one I forgot the link! It's also very toddler proof the cameras ended up been thrown down the stairs twice! The camera can run off of batteries or be plugged in which might be a consideration too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd love a camera monitor now so I could see what my 3 year old gets up to for an hour before he falls asleep and what he and his 1 year old sister do first thing in the morning. We can always here them chattering away; well he chatters and she blabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sulli

get the motorola mbp41. it is the bomb. great camera and you can pan left, right, up and down. Not much use when they are little but once they start to move around and become more active you can pan the room and follow them! 2 way speaking, infa red for night vision, can add up to 4 cameras and the sound is quality! cant rate this one highly enough and only paid 103e in argos for it! simples!

http://www.motorola.com/us/other-baby-monitors/MBP41-Remote-Wireless-Video-Baby-Monitor/mbp41-baby-monitor.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Another fan of the angelcare. Works great on the movement/sound. Also doesn't interfere with WiFi on 2.4GHz as some do. Not bothered about having video when the angelcare does sound and movement.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the all the replies.

We are going to go with the BT video monitor.

One thing off the list!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Out of all the people who bought pads, who knows baby CPR?

Anyhoo, don't like the video monitors personally. Creepy looking. And the range isn't great. Consider the size & construction of your house when purchasing. My number one request was range, so we have audio only, which uses DECT, not wifi. A Tommee Tippee 1082 - it got the best review on Which?
    It means we can be at the back of the garden & still get reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

olaola wrote: »

Anyhoo, don't like the video monitors personally. Creepy looking. And the range isn't great. Consider the size & construction of your house when purchasing. My number one request was range, so we have audio only, which uses DECT, not wifi. A Tommee Tippee 1082 - it got the best review on Which?
    Yep, knowing baby CPR is just as essential imho and significantly enough different to adult CPR.

We've almost a 4000sq.ft brick built house with 9ft ceilings on over 1/3 of an acre and two of the Angelcare ones working perfectly 99% of the time inside and out.

Also another reason why I recommended a separate Wi-Fi camera, as it will work with your Wi-Fi, instead of against it, plus you can see it from any smartphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Happy with the DECT video monitors we have. Range is great. Have walked to the neighbors house over 100 meters away with the monitor in my pocket and never lost connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

We did an infant first aid course shortly after she was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I'm doing one in a fortnight (don't have an angelcare monitor though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

We do. Both of us did a child and infant first aid course, how to recognise choking etc as well. Very important, but not what the thread was about...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Anyone know where the cheapest place is to get the Angelcare monitors?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Amazon has offers frequently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Anyone know where the cheapest place is to get the Angelcare monitors?

Smyths have them at €89.99 at the moment. We already have a baby monitor but we're moving him into his cot in his own room tomorrow night - he's almost 7 months - and I want to buy one.
    OH thinks I'm a bit mad but he's not the one who still wakes 3 or 4 times a night just to check baba is still breathing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Our Tomy monitor is broken. Is there any good bargains out there at the moment? Should've got the Aldi video monitors when they were on sale a few weeks ago...

Advertisement