Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biased Mod - Moderating Discussion in his Favor

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The modding is a joke in that thread tbh and I disagree with the OP all the time. Any little thing is jumped on as some sort of insult and there is zero consistency.

I still don't understand how my last infraction was upheld by both cmod and admin and neither have bothered to explain in any detail.

It should be the same rules across the whole boards site
    RasTa wrote: »
    It's not the first time tbh, do some research before responding.
    Your faux outrage at all things Sony. It's quiet boring.
    This is complete nonsense.

None of the above would have received infractions in After Hours/Soccer/Food and Drink/beer and wine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

The modding is a joke in that thread tbh and I disagree with the OP all the time. Any little thing is jumped on as some sort of insult and there is zero consistency.

I still don't understand how my last infraction was upheld by both cmod and admin and neither have bothered to explain in any detail.

I'll go check on that for you now....
    It should be the same rules across the whole boards site

but its not. charters are drawn up on a per forum basis to better fit the communities posting in that particular forum. There are the boards-wide rules and the custom by-laws for each forum. (same as the real world, national law + local by-laws - think of it as the same as the code of conduct at your workplace. its not illegal to access facebook but it may be against your company's IT policy, similarly your company doesn't explicitly forbid murder but I'm fairly sure it would be frowned upon if you decided that it was ok to do so because they didn't inform you otherwise.....)

None of the above would have received infractions in After Hours/Soccer/Food and Drink/beer and wine

but you didn't post them there did you? (and if you did they may have been off-topic and received a warning depending on the thread they were posted to).

on the DRP infraction: it was carefully explained to you by the mod, by the Cmod and by the admin reviewing it. to quote Dades:
    Having read the thread I was expecting a bit of a trainwreck with jibes flying about - instead there was a relative calm until you dropped in with your accusations of trolling.

What happened then was you got a response your comment deserved, the thread took a turn, and the forum mod let you both away with a verbal warning when it could have been a yellow. You then stirred the pot one more time with your jab at miju - which earned you a card for messing after ignoring a mod warning.

Forget the definitions of "faux outrage" I've no problem with this infraction for a disruptive post after a mod warning.

Upheld.

I'm not sure how much clearer it can be explained.

try this:

thread was fine
    you posted
    you were a dick
    thread was not fine
    mod warned
    you ignored
    you got infraction
    you appealed
    mod explained you were being a dick
    you wanted second opinion
    cmod explained you were being a dick
    you wanted an admin review
    admin spelled out the word dick carefully and precisely
    you claim you were never told why the infraction was upheld
    you lie!

clear enough now?

And you're acting like a dick tbh. I'm not a child.

Anyway pointless debating it here. There is 0 reason why the whole site shouldn't have the same rules, zero.

It's easy..... Don't act the dick...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

And you're acting like a dick tbh. I'm not a child.

then stop behaving like one.
    Anyway pointless debating it here. There is 0 reason why the whole site shouldn't have the same rules, zero.

not true. different forums handle different sensitivities. Are you honestly claiming that some of the posts that appear in politics or after hours would be suitable for the book of condolences forum? you've been here long enough to know better. Also, this is a forum for feedback, its not a debating forum. you don't "win". You also don't start a debate or feedback with an obvious falsehood and expect to be taken seriously.
    It's easy..... Don't act the dick...

exactly.

LoLth wrote: »
    then stop behaving like one.

not true. different forums handle different sensitivities. Are you honestly claiming that some of the posts that appear in politics or after hours would be suitable for the book of condolences forum? you've been here long enough to know better. Also, this is a forum for feedback, its not a debating forum. you don't "win". You also don't start a debate or feedback with an obvious falsehood and expect to be taken seriously.

exactly.

I have given feedback, it's pretty obvious to tell if someone is acting the dick on the condolences forum tbh.

Anyway continue to dismiss my points without taking anything on board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I have to say I think they do a great job, partially in the sharky waters of the PS4 or XB1 thread :)

It's no easy task. I think the thread works really well at keeping both the Xbox and Playstation forums free of fanboy tripe.

The mods are well experienced and have kept the PS4 or XB1 thread alive for quite some time. Again, that really is not an easy task so I give them credit for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Kentar

I for one welcome our new mod overlords...

Advertisement