Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotmail deleted all my emails

• 17-07-2014 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Did this happen anyone else when hotmail moved to outlook? Granted I stopped using my hotmail because I moved to gmail, but I need to get some emails from 7 years ago which I knew were there if I needed them. Now I need them and they are deleted.

Surely under Data Protection Act they cannot do that. has anyone else been successful in getting all their old emails restored before hotmail moved to outlook?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Unless you were paying them to store the data, they have no contractual obligation to you and the Data Protection Act is all about protecting you from unauthorised disclosure of personal data, it is not about placing an obligation on a third party to hold on to your data for free in perpetuity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

When you stopped using it after a certain time it becomes inactive, once its inactive the address can be used again but from a brand new setting or else released back into the pool of names for use by others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

What did Microsoft support say when you asked them?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

You would have agreed to certain terms and conditions when you created you account. I would expect this would allow them to delete your account/emails after a certain period of inactivity, seven years would certainly be considered long enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

How is this a legal matter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Maybe this should be moved to the archeology forum.

Advertisement