Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about BTEA application

Options
  • 17-07-2014 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

I'll be applying for BTEA soon and I'm wondering a couple of things about the application form. Is the course start and end dates they're looking for just for the academic year or for the 4 years of the course? Where it says "you application must be submitted together with details of your college offer" would they accept the acknowledgement of acceptance that I received from the CAO? I'm aware that I'll need to get a letter from the admissions office, but would that suffice until then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Usually start and end dates relate to the current year of your course,. The reason is your payment starts on the start date and ends on the end date of the academic year.

DSP may not accept the application without the admissions letter formally detailing your course place and course duration but you can call them to check if the CAO acceptance is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

Generally you'll need both the CAO acceptance letter and the a letter from the admissions office of the college.

the CAO acceptance letter is to start the BTEA application, it not a case of just saying you plan to go to college you need to give proof you've been offered a place aka the CAO acceptance letter.

if the deciding officer thinks you meet the criteria then you'll be provisionally approved, then in september you can get an admissions letter from the college to proof your registered and then you'll be switched over to BTEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ChoiChoi

I'm pretty sure you need a letter from the registry of your college stating you have paid your fees for the year and are registered and all that.

Advertisement