Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Negatives with thumbprints on them as delivered with photos by Fuji outlet

Options
  • 17-07-2014 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

I still have a bit of a soft spot for the oul' disposable camera / single use camera.
    This time, when I glanced at the negatives with the photos contained in the wallet, there were thumbprints on them, before I handled them.
    I intended to use these negatives in my Epson Scanner
    I suppose I should be swifter in future. Bit late now. More of a warning to others here. So next time the guy/gal in Ned's Photo agent asks you what size of photo you want, say you'd rather have fingerprint free negatives instead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you complained to the Fuji outlet about this? Little point in giving out here, better off making a complaint to the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If the marks on the glossy side (backing) then you should be able to just wipe them off. If they're on the emulsion then depending on how old the fingerprints are it may still be possible to clean them before skin oils cause permanent damage though I wouldn't advise doing anything until you've scanned them to save a copy of the image.
    Even then all is not lost, you can still scan the negatives and use a good graphics application such as Photoshop to 'erase' the prints from the image.

Advertisement