Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an available Plumber

Options
  • 17-07-2014 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I can't seem to get a plumber in the Dublin Region. I've contacted around 10 but they either don't return emails/calls, fob me off, or say they're too busy.

Does anyone know a plumber who might be free to fix an immersion in D7?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

What's wrong with the immersion?

Does it trip out the mcb when you turn it on or does it just not heat the water when turned on?

If the later it's probably the stat needs replacing. Call a spark they'll fix it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ezdmanx

It heats the water to boiling level causing steam to flow into the cold water tank above the cylinder .It's all in the apartment hot press. I'm afraid it will burst the tank. I had a plumber replace the stat but it didn't fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

ezdmanx wrote: »
    It heats the water to boiling level causing steam to flow into the cold water tank above the cylinder .It's all in the apartment hot press. I'm afraid it will burst the tank. I had a plumber replace the stat but it didn't fix it.

Do you know what he set the stat at? It might be a case of turning down the set points or he may not have wired it right.

I'd get it looked at asap if it's super heating the water as you describe.

If you get the mods to move it to heating & plumbing you'll have more joy I bet.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1320

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

tradesmen.ie always worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

ezdmanx wrote: »

If the immersion is boiling the water then you either have a thermostat problem or its not wired correctly.
    Better to have an electrician look at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

This guy, very good, excellent work, reasonable, and good to deal with. No connection except I've used him for the last few years.

Advertisement