Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer positions in the Civil Service

1697071727375»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Barraon

Hi all. I did my Interdepartmental EO Irish Stream supervised test about 3-4 weeks ago and am still awaiting the results. I wonder if anyone else is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

Hi folks,

Just wondering is there any good on line resources for practising Etray exercises ? Pm would be appreciated if it cant be posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭newmum62

Yes, that's the way it works, I had 9 years service and I got 24 days and expecting to rise to 25 next year.

quote="PopTarts;103816279"]Does anyone who was promoted who was a existing CO know what should happen with annual leave?

An EO starts of with 23 AL days rising to 24 after 5 years and 25 after 10.

If I had 7 years served as a CO would I start of with 24 days Annual leave rising to 25 when I hit 10 years (in 3 years?)

Thanks[/quote]

Anyone not happy in their positions that got appointment from 2014 lists & got moved/transferred?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Hi Folks
    I have been called for 2nd round assessment test and I am looking for any sites that I can practice on without paying. Pref with similar examples of what we will get on the day.
    Also, can someone please let me know how long we have to wait before we get or results - and how long before we get to do our etray?
    Thank you folks!

Unsure about practice ones, I normally just Google & use PAS examples. results normally few weeks after. Etray won't happen until you are successful in stage 2, then if you are reached on panel you will have interview & etray on same day.
    Hi Folks
    I have been called for 2nd round assessment test and I am looking for any sites that I can practice on without paying. Pref with similar examples of what we will get on the day.
    Also, can someone please let me know how long we have to wait before we get or results - and how long before we get to do our etray?
    Thank you folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Thank you newmum62 - I am doing the right thing.
    And thank you for the etray and interview process.
    Do you know approx how long after stage 2 assessment you know if you are successful?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

Thank you newmum62 - I am doing the right thing.
    Do you know approx how long after stage 2 assessment you know if you are successful?

I did stage 2 on 28/02/17 and got my results on 09/03/17

I think normally the exams run over approximately 3 weeks & you'd hear within 2-3 weeks after the exams all finish for that particular batch so if u were in the first week of exams the wait will seem longer

quote="Dublintigger;104664459"]Thank you newmum62 - I am doing the right thing.
    Do you know approx how long after stage 2 assessment you know if you are successful?[/quote]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

For those who got promoted from CI was there a few weeks without pay when you switched? And is it fortnightly pay?

My promotion goes through on October 9th and I'm trying to figure out when I'll next get paid

• Advertisement

For those who got promoted from CO was there a few weeks without pay when you switched? And is it fortnightly pay?

My promotion goes through on October 9th and I'm trying to figure out when I'll next get paid

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

For those who got promoted from CO was there a few weeks without pay when you switched? And is it fortnightly pay?

I stayed on my usual weekly pay for about 6 weeks then switched over. So I was 1 week without pay in between the changeover.
    I stayed in the same department tho so not sure which way it works if you are changing department.
    I would imagine it will depend on if the week you start is a pay week. You could get 1 week on the thursday and then not paid again for a fortnight.
    Hope that makes sense!

I started last week Crunchymomma and we were told it'll be at least 2-3 months due to delays with Peoplepoint.gov.ie! Obviously will get CO pay til then and it'll be back dated. So I guess it depends if you have an internal finance department or it's Peoplepoint.

Thanks! I'm staying in the same department and we have our own hr so hope it won't take too long. I might give them a ring Monday as I just need to know for planning when I won't get paid

Thanks! I'm staying in the same department and we have our own hr so hope it won't take too long. I might give them a ring Monday as I just need to know for planning when I won't get paid

Yeah that would be best to phone them alright to know for sure :)

I changed Dept. So got moved over almost straight away to fortnightly pay. I went one week with no pay before going on to fortnightly. Others promoted staying in same Dept were waiting 2-3 mths to get changed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jellytots82

Does anyone know what numbers have been called in Westmeath and Longford to date??

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LeeLynch499

Hi, I am just wondering, I am currently serving as a CO in the public sector. I do not have the qualifying qualifications i.e. leaving cert results to go for a future external EO panel. I have a QQI/FETAC Level 5 Overall Merit award in Applied Social Studies though, would this suffice for future EO external competitions?

Hope to hear from you all soon

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭lucybousy

Folks i know this is an old thread but just looking for bit information. i was placed in early 3000's open competition initially and called to sit supervised test I am now up on 500's open comp will i be called for etray and interview with those placements. thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 clairevoyant

anyone do the numerical and verbal reasoning test for cda with ags yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Linking123!

Hi,

Applied for this position and don't have a degree for it but found it interesting. I've done some research and my understanding is that it's not cimpulsary to have a degree in data analytics..however that would probably help lol. I've yet to pass verbal/numerical so might never get to next stage but would you know if there is an etray test after? I've passed and failed etrays before so abit anxious about that.

Advertisement