Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky

Options
  • 17-07-2014 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭

On June 27th I rang Sky to order the On Demand Wireless Connector which was advertised for free at the time.

And I was told it would take 4-5 working days for it to be delivered.

On July 11th the Wireless Connector didnt arrive so I rang Sky and told them my story only to be offered it for €12.99 :eek:

I asked the person to look at the call history and he saw that I had rang Sky previously to place the order but it had been mysteriously cancelled.

He told me he would email the man who placed the order for the wireless connector and that he should ring me back.

6 days later no response.

Do I ring them back or do I wait?

Im not paying €12.99 for something I ordered for free at the time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ring them back and explain the situation. If they need to charge you to send out the connector ask them to credit it back to your account. If you have your router near the sky box just run an Ethernet cable into the back of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

I see now sky are saying that to use on demand you have to now have a hd subscription even if you want to watch sd programs on all box sets. Shameless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Yup, it's been advertised for quite a while on their website.

The fact they didn't inform their SD subscribers is bad form.
    Sin City wrote: »
    I see now sky are saying that to use on demand you have to now have a hd subscription even if you want to watch sd programs on all box sets. Shameless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Yup, it's been advertised for quite a while on their website.

The fact they didn't inform their SD subscribers is bad form.

I got a letter from Sky about needing a HD subscription to view boxsets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Thats interesting mikeym. I take care of a few accounts and none received any notice. All SD bar one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭SteM

Sin City wrote: »

Any idea when they are bringing this in? I was watching box set stuff in a mates place yesterday and he only has Sky SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

SteM wrote: »
    Any idea when they are bringing this in? I was watching box set stuff in a mates place yesterday and he only has Sky SD.

Apparently its in already. Probably just not across the board yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

I was using an old single sky box for years. One of the reasons I upgraded to sky+ (apart from recording) was to connected to my broadband and watch box sets. In fact - the whole wifi/box sets thing was a major selling point from the sales guy I was talking to at the time.

I got the letter telling me I need a HD subscription to watch them now. Thinking of cancelling as that is serious bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I got that letter, but box sets are still working. Well, they were, until Sunday night when the storm moved my dish (for the second time in 12 months, despite no neighbours losing their Sky)

• Advertisement
Advertisement