Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bubbles in the Liffey

Options
  • 17-07-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I noticed today a large steady stream of bubble coming from the bottom of the liffey. If there was a gas mains under there I'd say it was a leak, but I doubt the gas line runs under it.

Any one know what it could be?

15i3r11.jpg

2vww75e.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Could be a leaky water main.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

If Hollywood movies have taught me anything, expect a major natural disaster within the next 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Fish farts. Deffo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Hi
    I noticed today a large steady stream of bubble coming from the bottom of the liffey. If there was a gas mains under there I'd say it was a leak, but I doubt the gas line runs under it.

Any one know what it could be?

Beginning of one of these perhaps?

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/giant-hole-siberia-end-of-the-world-1574914-Jul2014/
    siberia-giant-crater-mystery.si.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Vegetable material gets covered in mud, decomposes anaerobically and one of the by-products is methane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Victor wrote: »
    Vegetable material gets covered in mud, decomposes anaerobically and one of the by-products is methane.

I was thinking that, but it was quite voluminous and sustained. Next time the tide is low I'll go back and see if its still bubbling.

Advertisement