Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks World Tour / New Music - *NO DUBLIN GIGS TALK*

Options
  • 17-07-2014 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

MOD NOTE: LAST WARNING. 3 MONTH BANS FOR MENTIONING DUBLIN GIGS. NO CARDS, NO INDIVIDUAL WARNINGS. STRAIGHT TO 3 MONTH BAN.

Hi all,

Ok i think it's time we move on from the Dublin shows that have been cancelled and get to talking about his recently announced world tour!!
    Not for forget the new music he's promised!!

Lets keep this thread about the above

No Croke park talk
    No DCC/Keegan talk
    Above all, No Shane Filan talk
    :D

First gig for the tour...4th Sept in Chicago!!
    Anyone have plans to go?
    314904.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Would Belfast be on the cards, or anywhere on this island ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

First gig for the tour...4th Sept in Chicago!!
    Anyone have plans to go?

yes but at €800 a return flight to IL with Aer Fungus im holding out to see if i can run a couple together over a week or something. its a pain in the butt not knowing all the dates so I could maximize my airfair and what not or hit cities that are within a few hours (10 or so) drive of each other

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

I'm hoping that he will decide to come back with the European leg of the tour but it all remains to be seen..

ebbsy wrote: »
    Would Belfast be on the cards, or anywhere on this island ??????

if they fix the licensing laws he said he'd come ;)

Faolchu wrote: »
    yes but at €800 a return flight to IL with Aer Fungus im holding out to see if i can run a couple together over a week or something. its a pain in the butt not knowing all the dates so I could maximize my airfair and what not or hit cities that are within a few hours (10 or so) drive of each other

I'd expect him to have more than the one show in Chicago, more like 5 or more so plan the week around that but best of luck getting tickets!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

if they fix the licensing laws he said he'd come ;)

Wow. I'm amazed that took five posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Vince007

Well guys, so it's refund time. Any idea what I can do if I bought tickets from a guy on adverts?? The tickets are real before you ask but am I down my money? Any help would be great??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I'm hoping to see him once the madness calms down over there. So Chicago is out.

Also it seems as if he's only giving 6 weeks notice with an announcement of tour dates. E.g. The announcement of Chicago this week and 4th of Sept is 6 weeks later. The idea behind it is to prevent ticket touts from planning ahead. ...But this doesn't give us fans much time for planning.

Can anyone hazard a guess when he'll play over on this side of the world, I won't say Ireland.

Edit: New music is out next week. It is in the states anyways. So you can expect his website and his digital downloads up and running by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Wish all the dates would be announced. Hard to plan anything if dates are only announce 7 weeks in advanced, going by the first tour date announcement. Hoping for European dates, would love if one of the dates tied in to hols next year.

Anyone think there is even a small chance of Garth ever coming back to Ireland to tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Vince007 wrote: »
    Well guys, so it's refund time. Any idea what I can do if I bought tickets from a guy on adverts?? The tickets are real before you ask but am I down my money? Any help would be great??

If he bought them in a ticketmaster outlet, you will be able to get the refund yourself as tickets paid for with cash are refunded to ticket holder. Take a look at the ticket and it will have cash or visa etc written on it.
    If bought by card, just contact him, you have nothing to lose

• Advertisement

New music is out next week. It is in the states anyways. So you can expect his website and his digital downloads up and running by then.

Thought the new stuff wasnt being release til circa black friday? thought it was just teh back catalogue that was going live on his site

Thought the new stuff wasnt being release til circa black friday? thought it was just teh back catalogue that was going live on his site

Well, I found an American country music magazine, named Country Air Check, dated 14th July 2014. I have it as pdf. I was going to upload the whole thing for you here but the file is too large to upload. So instead here's page 19 from the magazine. New music next week. Whether that is a single or an album, I don't know. But something is on the way anyway. YAY

Probably the official release of the call with trisha?

Probably the official release of the call with trisha?

Ohhh, I like that.

Its makes sense too, considering he's touring with her in September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 scarlettH

Yeah, I though he said new music on 'Black Friday', anyway, was passing by a pub yesterday and everybody was singing, yes you've guessed it, Garth Brooks :)

looks like he's added 3 more dates to his Chicago leg, they just gone up!

Edit: Its now 7 dates with two shows on a weekend night.

Sept 4, 5, 6 with two shows on Sept 6.

And Sept 11, 12 (two shows), Sept 13(two shows), Sept 14

So 10 concerts in total.

And the new music was originally being released for the Dublin concerts but they are holding off until Chicago to release the new single.

So Dublin fceked up everything.

He would have played it for us too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

4 shows in 3 days, that's impressive. If only he had the chance to do that in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hynesie08 wrote: »
    4 shows in 3 days, that's impressive. If only he had the chance to do that in Dublin.
    yes, fortunately he can as it's a different type of show to the ones that would have been in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭NSAman

Will be in Chitown at that time, not sure if tickets will be available. But I am damned sure that if 10 dates have been announced for the Allstate Arena, then demand throughout the US is going to be HUGE.... Dublin really F***ed up on this one IMO. Could have been a fantastic gig... but we will never know.

NSAman wrote: »
    Will be in Chitown at that time, not sure if tickets will be available. But I am damned sure that if 10 dates have been announced for the Allstate Arena, then demand throughout the US is going to be HUGE.... Dublin really F***ed up on this one IMO. Could have been a fantastic gig... but we will never know.

It was mentioned in an interview yesterday that the 10 concerts is just an opening special part of the tour.

But, yeah the demand will be huge all over. I was going to wait until the madness calms down to get tickets but I dont think that will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It was mentioned in an interview yesterday that the 10 concerts is just an opening special part of the tour.

But, yeah the demand will be huge all over. I was going to wait until the madness calms down to get tickets but I dont think that will happen.

Or you could snap a ticket up for Electric Picnic and go and see Portishead and Beck.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Or you could snap a ticket up for Electric Picnic and go and see Portishead and Beck.
    i've seen both Portishead and Beck.

Brooks puts on a better show.

No thanks, going to Nathan Cather in Galway and James Taylor in the O2. Thats my cup of tea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

No thanks, going to Nathan Cather in Galway and James Taylor in the O2. Thats my cup of tea.

When is James Taylor playing in the o2? How is the ticket situation? I would like to go to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

i've seen both Portishead and Beck.

Brooks puts on a better show.

Than Portishead? I understand it's relative but there's very few bands on the planet that have a show as good as Portishead, never mind Garth Brooks.

Corholio wrote: »
    Than Portishead? I understand it's relative but there's very few bands on the planet that have a show as good as Portishead, never mind Garth Brooks.
    yes. i've seen plenty better than Portishead.

can imagine they'll bomb at EP given the crowd and the outdoor main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

yes. i've seen plenty better than Portishead.

can imagine they'll bomb at EP given the crowd and the outdoor main stage.

Just like they did in Glastonbury last year? :rolleyes: One of the highlights of the festival by most people's reckoning.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11p5qv_portishead-live-at-glastonbury-festival-28-6-2013-full-show_music

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

LAST WARNING. 3 MONTH BANS FOR MENTIONING DUBLIN GIGS. NO CARDS, NO INDIVIDUAL WARNINGS. STRAIGHT TO 3 MONTH BAN.

Advertisement