Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemara area info needed

Options
  • 17-07-2014 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

As a Galwegian who isn't overly familiar with Connemara, I was asked recently by a friend doing some family history research to where Derrough, Maam Cross was. I couldn't pin anything on google maps, so the spelling might be wrong.

Anybody any knowledge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MedusaV8

West of Lough Corrib

I am unable to paste in the URL so you will have to remove the spaces from this:- http :// binged.it/1r6zgf5

Hope it works

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭famoussheamus

Derryorua mountain and forest bike trail I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

rowr wrote: »
    As a Galwegian who isn't overly familiar with Connemara, I was asked recently by a friend doing some family history research to where Derrough, Maam Cross was. I couldn't pin anything on google maps, so the spelling might be wrong.

Anybody any knowledge?

It might be the first road on left as you go through Maam Cross on the way to Clifden. I think there are only a couple of houses in that road. Derroogh.

Advertisement