Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysian airline MH-17 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Egginacup wrote: »
    Gatling wrote: »

Are you going to make available your admitted evidence as to who is responsible for this crime?

I take you wouldn't want your so called intelligent debate moved then didn't think do

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

I take you wouldn't want your so called intelligent debate moved then didn't think do

Are you going to provide the evidence? Yes or No?

It's a very simple question.

Am I going to provide the evidence that Russians did not shoot down MH17 No.

Why not ??

I await your debatable intelligent reply

Hmmmmmm

last year

20/07/2014 05:06

Egginacup

"if Russians shot down a Malaysian plane then why is it anybody's business except between Russia and Malaysia"

This is the video of eastern Ukraine rebels come across the wreckage of MH 17 while reportedly looking for a pilot crawling away from a downed jet .
    Watch Till the end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

This is the video of eastern Ukraine rebels come across the wreckage of MH 17 while reportedly looking for a pilot crawling away from a downed jet .
    Watch Till the end

The video is 17 min's long why are the Aussie's hiding the other 13 min's ?, to protect the guilty. If there is nothing to hide show it all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

The video is 17 min's long why are the Aussie's hiding the other 13 min's ?, to protect the guilty. If there is nothing to hide show it all.
    How do you know it's 17 mins long? Have you seen the full video?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

pablo128 wrote: »
    How do you know it's 17 mins lon

The Aussie news agency that have the video, have stated that the length of the tape is 17 min's.
    The smell from this is as bad as all the conclusions that were made in the first few days of the tragedy by the US and their puppets in Kiev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

pablo128 wrote: »
    How do you know it's 17 mins lon

The Aussie news agency that have the video, have stated that the length of the tape is 17 min's.
    The smell from this is as bad as all the conclusions that were made in the first few days of the tragedy by the US and their puppets in Kiev.

LOL! A quick google tells me that the video is not an exclusive, and that it was aired on BBC a year ago! Epic fail.:pac:
    https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQqQIwAGoVChMI0LHW3JLnxgIVSGvbCh37sQYC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.nationalpost.com%2Fnews%2Fworld%2Fjournalist-says-news-agencys-exclusive-mh17-footage-aired-a-year-ago-on-bbc-asks-for-apology&ei=aZGrVZDZNMjW7Qb745oQ&usg=AFQjCNHEm3eny98PC4x7vA0N1hPbjISUCQ

Why not ??

I await your debatable intelligent reply

Hmmmmmm

last year

20/07/2014 05:06

Egginacup

"if Russians shot down a Malaysian plane then why is it anybody's business except between Russia and Malaysia"

As I suspected. You talk a bunch of gibberish and when asked to back it up you demand that someone else proves that what you say is NOT a pack of lies.

Don't waste my time with your silly games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

That explains a lot.

That you cant document your sources.

??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Robert Parry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Parry_%28journalist%29

compares MH-17 disaster to Gulf of Tonkin incident

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_incident

in this interesting article which (like some of the rest of us) asks for the proof to be presented...

Article ~ https://consortiumnews.com/2015/07/17/mh-17-mystery-a-new-tonkin-gulf-case/

And don't give me any guff about him being a tin foil hat wearer etc. He broke investigative stories into Iran contra affair, and has been nominated for a Pullitzer in the past. Have any of you got that kind of thing under your belt?

Finally.

This really comes down to whether you believe "RT"; which is the russian administations media arm.

Or whether you believe any number of thousands of diverse western news outlets.

In a nutshell thats what this thread has become. Shrills from both side insisting on possession of The Truth.

Some examination of the legitimacy of "RT" as a source would probably be in order. Seeing as that seems to be a major part of the "discussion".

I think the Russian invasion of Crimea and the incursions into eastern ukraine are the primary reasons for western sanctions.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Finally.

This really comes down to whether you believe "RT"; which is the russian administations media arm.

Or whether you believe any number of thousands of diverse western news outlets.

In a nutshell thats what this thread has become. Shrills from both side insisting on possession of The Truth.

Some examination of the legitimacy of "RT" as a source would probably be in order. Seeing as that seems to be a major part of the "discussion".

First off you've already skewed the question by insisting that there are "thousands" of diverse western news outlets. I don't know of thousands but if you do then fair play to you. Does RT have a pro-Russia bias? Most definitely. But can you honestly show examples where their content has purposefully lied or deceived the viewing audience? If you have examples of this I would be most grateful if you shared them.

It doesn't come down to who you believe. It comes down to "shoot the messenger" if you don't like the message.

Does Fox, Sky, Australia News Corp have and anti-Russian bias? Without a doubt. So why would you besmirch one outlet that has a bias one way yet lend credence to other outlets who have similar biases except in another direction? The truth is what's important here, not who your "team" is. Unless of course you don't care about the truth and will gladly accept lies and subterfuge if it copperfastens your position and the facts be damned.

Is Fox news a complete joke of an outlet with an agenda in furthering lies? Absolutely. But if some serial liar like Bill O'Reilly comes on the air and states that 1 + 1 = 2 then I'm going to believe him. I'm not going to say "BULLSH!T. it's Fox. They can't be believed!". Likewise if someone on RT comes on and says 1 + 1 = 3, I'm not going to say "Wow! I was wrong all these years!".

To determine the truth you have to question what you're told. Not just by those who dispute your position but also by those who confirm it.

I think the Russian invasion of Crimea and the incursions into eastern ukraine are the primary reasons for western sanctions.

Can you give your justification for these sanctions?
    On what grounds have these sanctions been imposed and if it's as you say because a country has invaded another country or provided material assistance to militants therein then can you give another example whereby similar actions by different parties have not warranted such sanctions?

Robert Parry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Parry_%28journalist%29

compares MH-17 disaster to Gulf of Tonkin incident

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_incident

in this interesting article which (like some of the rest of us) asks for the proof to be presented...

Article ~ https://consortiumnews.com/2015/07/17/mh-17-mystery-a-new-tonkin-gulf-case/

And don't give me any guff about him being a tin foil hat wearer etc. He broke investigative stories into Iran contra affair, and has been nominated for a Pullitzer in the past. Have any of you got that kind of thing under your belt?

Parry has also exposed as a pack of lies John Kerry's "unshakeable proof" that Bashar Assad used chemical weapons on his own people. Kerry stated this as if it were a fact and then was caught out in his lies. Kerry still has his job and is free to spread more lies and nobody in the forum has a problem with that.

It's ok to dismiss Parry, a brilliant and internationally recognised intelligence professional whose record and integrity are impeccable, while at the same time turning a blind eye to Kerry's utter bald-faced lies.

Can you give your justification for these sanctions?

The Russian Invaision of Crimea and Eastern Ukraine.

can you give another example whereby similar actions by different parties have not warranted such sanctions?

??

Irrelevant

??

It's ok to dismiss Parry, a brilliant and internationally recognised intelligence professional whose record and integrity are impeccable, while at the same time turning a blind eye to Kerry's utter bald-faced lies.

Really?

Youre kind of spinning those credentials arent you?

The idea that MH17 is another tonkin is dumb. Plain and simple.

Why dont you answer that instead of trying to convince us some washed up american hack is the greatest journalistic mind alive today?

:confused:

??

Irrelevant

??

Completely relevant. If an attack on a sovereign country is grounds for international sanctions then why are you not clamouring for sanctions to be imposed on the US, UK, and a plethora of other players who have not only invaded and occupied multiple sovereign nations but are providing assistance both financial and military to groups who are engaging in combat against internationally recognised governments?

Surely if the rules state that Russia ought to be sanctioned because of their invasion of Crimea then ought not Israel be sanctioned for their invasion of Lebanon? Ought not Saudi Arabia be sanctioned for their attacks on Yemen and Bahrain? Ought not the US be sanctioned for their endless catalogue of attacks and invasions. Ought not the US be sanctioned for their arming of IS militants who are waging a war against the government of Syria?

If you're going to wring your hands and feign outrage regarding a Russian invasion of Crimea then you really should be consistent with your moral-fingerpointing.

• Advertisement

Really?

Why dont you answer that instead of trying to convince us some washed up american hack is the greatest journalistic mind alive today?

Washed up American hack?

How is Parry washed up? And how is he a "hack"?

Is this yet another example of not being able to dissect and take on board what he has to say and consequently just hurling abuse?

Don't allude to anything other than what he has to say. If you can resist the temptation.

Answer that please without changing the subject. Then we'll move on to your other assertions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I do love when conspiracy theorists venture into the real world. Top comedy tbf.

Really?

Sorry....but I just have to respond to this again.

"HACK" ???

You call Robert Parry a "hack" ?

What are your labels for Elsberg? Cronkite? John Simpson? Helen Thomas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Attack, accuse, deny, evade, Proofs rinse repeat. :pac:

First off you've already skewed the question by insisting that there are "thousands" of diverse western news outlets.

You dont think?

1300 daily newspapers in the USA alone.

Then there's radio. Then there's tv.

And then there's Europe.

Sorry....but I just have to respond to this again.

"HACK" ???

You call Robert Parry a "hack" ?

What are your labels for Elsberg? Cronkite? John Simpson? Helen Thomas?

ha ha ha!

Helen thomas??? She really blew it with the anti-semetic stuff.

You never read parrys wiki did you?

Don't allude to anything other than what he has to say. If you can resist the temptation.

I'm just responding to your posts. That's all.

I've said three times why I think his supposition that MH17 is another gulf of tonkin is nonsense.

In response all you do is proclaim him to be the most amazing journalist.

Really?

Is the George Polk award for journalism bestowed upon "hacks"?
    Are "hacks" nominated for a Pulitzer?

Please tell me you have more than a smear to offer.

If an attack on a sovereign country is grounds for international sanctions then why are you not clamouring for sanctions to be imposed ..... blah blah blah

Not sure what you're on about now.

Different topics have different threads.

This one is about Russia shooting down MH17.

• Advertisement

Is the George Polk award for journalism bestowed upon "hacks"?
    Are "hacks" nominated for a Pulitzer?

Please tell me you have more than a smear to offer.

"Don't allude to anything other than what he has to say. If you can resist the temptation."

:)

Advertisement