Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysian airline MH-17 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Not sure what you're on about now.

Different topics have different threads.

This one is about Russia shooting down MH17.

:confused:

On the contrary. You stated that Russia ought to be sanctioned for its attack/invasion of Crimea and Eastern Ukraine. If this thread was solely about MH-17 then why did you bring that up? But to further, I already asked that if you were so passionate and adamant about sanctions being imposed upon Russia for the aforementioned grievances then why are you not also demanding that sanctions be imposed upon Israel, US, UK, KSA, etc.?

The US invasions of a variety of countries, or Israel's, or Saudi Arabia's for that matter may be a different topic, but you have made them the same topic when you have insisted that sanctions be imposed upon Russia for the reasons that you have given.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

I do love when conspiracy theorists venture into the real world. Top comedy tbf.

I agree. Yankee apologists/hypocrites do try to blame me for everything. But laughter really is the only appropriate reply for such nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Egginacup wrote: »
    On the contrary. You stated that Russia ought to be sanctioned for its attack/invasion of Crimea and Eastern Ukraine. If this thread was solely about MH-17 then why did you bring that up?

??

Hello??

Because parrys article equated MH17 to the gulf of tonkin??

??

why are you not also demanding that sanctions be imposed upon Israel, US, UK, KSA, etc.?

post #3393

I'm just responding to your posts. That's all.

I've said three times why I think his supposition that MH17 is another gulf of tonkin is nonsense.

In response all you do is proclaim him to be the most amazing journalist.

No I don't proclaim him to be the most amazing journalist. These are your words. Your words are also that I proclaim him to be the "greatest journalistic mind alive today". Again YOUR words. You also claim that he's a "washed up American 'hack' " .....AGAIN your words.

All I stated was that Parry is an internationally renowned and respected,.. and might I add award-winning investigator, whose record is impeccable. You will find that many of his peers will concur.

You have tried to childishly infer that I have stated that he be elevated to some kind of god status. I never alluded to any such thing.

Now if you want me to let you off the hook, I will....that is if you can't find the wherewithall to backtrack on your shabby and vacuous assertions.

• Advertisement

You dont think?

1300 daily newspapers in the USA alone.

Then there's radio. Then there's tv.

And then there's Europe.

Really? 1300? And where do they get their newsfeeds from? Are you saying that the "Oswego County Gazette" or the "Butte Inquirer" or the "Tallahassee Tribune" all have independent investigators on the ground doing their own work and not regurgitating what's on Reuters or some other Newswire?

1300 daily newspapers, haha. Might as well be a fcuking chain letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

You dont think?

1300 daily newspapers in the USA alone.

Then there's radio. Then there's tv.

And then there's Europe.
    Ben Bagdikian, Pulitzer-prize winning journalist, former Dean of the Graduate School of Journalism at UC Berkeley and author of The New Media Monopoly, describes the five media giants as a “cartel” that wields enough influence to change U.S. politics and define social values.

1300 newspapers, 90% of which are owned by 5 or 6 giant corporations. Whittles down the numbers doesn't it?

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/democracyondeadline/mediaownership.html

This is just a random citation of source...there are plenty others out there.

1300 newspapers, 90% of which are owned by 5 or 6 giant corporations. Whittles down the numbers doesn't it?

It's akin to saying "70 different people told me the SAME thing!" and their source was Pinnochio :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Really? 1300? And where do they get their newsfeeds from? Are you saying that the "Oswego County Gazette" or the "Butte Inquirer" or the "Tallahassee Tribune" all have independent investigators on the ground doing their own work and not regurgitating what's on Reuters or some other Newswire?

1300 daily newspapers, haha. Might as well be a fcuking chain letter.

Any link to Nazis killing Russian speakers on mass before invasion of Ukraine ?

Any link to Nazis killing Russian speakers on mass before invasion of Ukraine ?

Nice try. Now stick to the sidelines.

• Advertisement

Absolutely. Same with all those small towns newspapers in England.

And Germany too. And all over Europe.

Radio stations too tend to get their news packaged for them. TV news can be syndicated.

So you're saying there arent a few thousand media outlets in the west as well are you?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Radio stations too tend to get their news packaged for them. TV news can be syndicated.

So you're saying there arent a few thousand media outlets in the west as well are you?

Uhm.....I think you are missing the point. :)

If I can recall, It was about RT being a monopoly or something which demonised them...you then said their were 1300 newspapers or something in USA...from wikipedia I see there are 8978 newspapers in Russia.

Nice try. Now stick to the sidelines.

So that would be a no then ?

are you admitting that 50,000 newspapers carries more weight as opposed to 7 when they all get their stories from the same source? Because it sounds like it.

Uhm.....I think you are missing the point. :)

If I can recall, It was about RT being a monopoly or something which demonised them...you then said their were 1300 newspapers or something in USA...from wikipedia I see there are 8978 newspapers in Russia.

How many print negative stuff about their own government, You know just like UK newspapers or American news, Western media criticise their own governments.

are you admitting that 50,000 newspapers carries more weight as opposed to 7 when they all get their stories from the same source? Because it sounds like it.

You mean like RT ?

You mean like RT ?

Can you explain why you are bringing up RT?

Who is talking about them? Inthetrees stated that thousands of western news sources as opposed to one deliver a different story. It was pointed out that those 1300 newspapers get their news from the same source.

Are you a little bit slow?

How many print negative stuff about their own government, You know just like UK newspapers or American news, Western media criticise their own governments.

So now we are back to the freedom of the press, are we?
    If there is one or maybe two news sources then it doesn't matter how many papers there are that print it.

So take back the sh1t about there being "so many" western news media outlets when they all write the same story. How many times have you looked for a piece of news only to find that the exact same words were printed in the 4 or 5 sources you've gone to?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

As I suspected. You talk a bunch of gibberish and proves that what i say is a pack of lies.

Your words exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Can you explain why you are bringing up RT?

Who is talking about them? Inthetrees stated that thousands of western news sources as opposed to one deliver a different story. It was pointed out that those 1300 newspapers get their news from the same source.

Are you a little bit slow?

Mod

Attack the post not the poster, leave out the personal remarks.

• Advertisement

So now we are back to the freedom of the press, are we?
    If there is one or maybe two news sources then it doesn't matter how many papers there are that print it.

So take back the sh1t about there being "so many" western news media outlets when they all write the same story. How many times have you looked for a piece of news only to find that the exact same words were printed in the 4 or 5 sources you've gone to?

That tends to happen when the reporting is accurate there are only so many ways media can report the same story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Gatling wrote: »
    I see Igor Girkin has been in the news this week .

Who's igor girkin

So called rebel leader who's currently widely believed to have gave the order to launch a Buk anti aircraft missle at a aircraft in East Ukraine on the 17th July 2014 .
    That aircraft was Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 .
    girkin was named in a $900 million lawsuit on Wednesday lawsuit also names the Kremlin and been complicit in the shooting down of MH -17

girkin is believed to be hiding in Moscow
    I find it disturbing even one year on the way this "evidence" was immediately produced even while the wreckage of MH17 was still smouldering on the ground.
    My god!! its so amateurish. This stuff is straight out of Orwell's 1984.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2696389/That-blast-look-smoke-Sick-boast-laughing-rebels-

I find it disturbing even one year on the way this "evidence" was immediately produced even while the wreckage of MH17 was still smouldering on the ground.
    My god!! its so amateurish. This stuff is straight out of Orwell's 1984.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2696389/That-blast-look-smoke-Sick-boast-laughing-rebels-

As the video i posted rebels clearly say they were looking for a pilot crawling around then went on to say they saw paratroopers jump out of the plane .

Beggers belief hey

ha ha ha!

Helen thomas??? She really blew it with the anti-semetic stuff.

You never read parrys wiki did you?

Oh Jesus Christ!

Helen Thomas was a press affiliate since Eisenhower was in the White House. 57 years of brilliance. Brilliance.
    She has asked questions that not a single shirt has wanted to answer.

Are you saying that an incredible career is meaningless because she snapped and said that Israeli settlers should stay away from Palestinian lands?

If that's your benchmark for somebody.....you can't seem to recognise her incredible career... then what do you specifically want from someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

On a side issue of tensions between Russia and other countries, does anyone know if ValueWalk.com is a trustworthy indeopendent info source not likely to be fed or accept fake stories? I picked up this article on the Irish Defence Forces F/B page, it seem's to be full of "diplomatic" hints akin to sabre-rattling.... I found it interesting at mention of alliance with China, India and Pakistan via the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.

http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/07/russia-vs-sweden-war/

aloyisious wrote: »
    On a side issue of tensions between Russia and other countries, does anyone know if ValueWalk.com is a trustworthy indeopendent info source not likely to be fed or accept fake stories? I picked up this article on the Irish Defence Forces F/B page, it seem's to be full of "diplomatic" hints akin to sabre-rattling.... I found it interesting at mention of alliance with China, India and Pakistan via the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.

http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/07/russia-vs-sweden-war/

It's all huff and puff from Putin the funny part you'll hear from plenty of posters who will say ohh but there's an agreement from nato not to expand and there's this agreement about this or that .
    Yet no one can provide any such proof .
    And yet on a near weekly basis hear we've nuclear weapons.
    Incursions into sovereign airspace threats against Sweden ,Denmark, Finland ,the Baltics and yet we've never had threats against Russia or Russian forces currently deployed in East Ukraine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

So we're up and running again :) as predicted over 3 weeks ago
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96065460
    Yet no one can provide any such proof
    This is amusing, myself and others have been asking YOU for proof for over a year now. Does the fictitious false flag "submarine" still qualify as a threat against Sweden?

• Advertisement

So we're up and running again :) as predicted over 3 weeks ago
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96065460

This is amusing, myself and others have been asking YOU for proof for over a year now. Does the fictitious false flag "submarine" still qualify as a threat against Sweden?

We've yet to see anything in over 12 months of pro Putin /Russian posts.

Hang on explain the false flag submarine incident genuinely interested.

This the same submarine incident in Sweden that the Russian government said it could prove it was the Dutch who were operating the submarine apparently illegally in Swedish sovereign waters

Advertisement