Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysian airline MH-17 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I must apologize first in case you take this as an insult, but I must call into question your whole knowledge about the situation. Where you are getting your information from is faulty. Seek some other source and broaden your outlook on world affairs, they are not black and white, east or west.

By all means enlightenment me .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Gatling wrote: »

Sorry but you will have to learn by yourself, you apparently have no time for other peoples opinion, so it is a self-learning curve. The day of one source media is over, who believes CNN, SKY Fox, they have behaved as government propaganda for years with many of their celeb reporters being caught out fabricating stories to boost their careers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Ah sure Paul Murphy might agree

Couldn't give a flying f*ck whether he does or not.. :rolleyes:

Sorry but you will have to learn by yourself, you apparently have no time for other peoples opinion, so it is a self-learning curve. The day of one source media is over, who believes CNN, SKY Fox, they have behaved as government propaganda for years with many of their celeb reporters being caught out fabricating stories to boost their careers.

I've never quoted cnn or fox .

I asked your opinion specifically didn't ask for a excuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

People spot the fabrications or we would not know it's fabricated... Jesus. I don't put much stock in state run media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

I've never quoted cnn or fox .

I asked your opinion specifically didn't ask for a excuse

I never suggested that, but your opinions and posts reflect that sort news. I did not mean to offend you.

I never suggested that, but your opinions and posts reflect that sort news. I did not mean to offend you.

I don't get offended ,

I personally value people's opinions after all what's a discussion with out 2 oposing opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

MH370 is where its at tonight!

Possible wreckage + skeletons found on an island . . .

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/10/11/Philippines-Malaysian-flag/

LordSutch wrote: »
    MH370 is where its at tonight!

Possible wreckage + skeletons found on an island . . .

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/10/11/Philippines-Malaysian-flag/

So the CIA didn't hijack it and crash it in East Ukraine with the MH -17 marking on it some people will get upset me thinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Are you locked out of your head again, Gatling?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

So the CIA didn't hijack it and crash it in East Ukraine with the MH -17 marking on it some people will get upset me thinks.

the article is headlined
    Philippines cops baffled over claims of MH370 wreckage

and contains
    A senior Philippines National Police official at the regional headquarters for the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) said there had been no reports of any aircraft crashing on any of their islands

“We will check it out but if there is any aircraft that has gone down in our area there would have been alerts from civil aviation authorities.

“To date, there has been none,” said Maguindanao-based Regional Chief Directorial Staff Senior Supt Rodoleo Jocson, whose jurisdiction includes the southernmost Tawi Tawi province.

You've been caught bullsh1tting time and time again. To you this is just a game. If you're really interested then go figure out the truth for yourself. Nobody's going to play wet nurse to you because you're too lazy to do your own research.

So that's what you thought had happened?

Why am I not surprised :rolleyes:

So that's what you thought had happened

No it was shot down by Russian military personnel operating a russian weapon system from inside the sovereign nation of Ukraine,

But hey happy monday

Russia is asking the UN to intervene in the MH17 investigation report because they claim they haven't been listened to about Russian evidence ,

From entrainment channel RT
    "Russia has appealed to the head of the UN aviation agency to intervene in the investigation into the MH17 crash in Ukraine to prevent the Dutch experts in charge from ignoring the findings of their Russian counterparts, according to a new media report."

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Are you locked out of your head again, Gatling?
    You've been caught bullsh1tting time and time again. To you this is just a game. If you're really interested then go figure out the truth for yourself. Nobody's going to play wet nurse to you because you're too lazy to do your own research.

MOD
    asherbassad -
    Please start being civil and start discussing something other that other posters.

No it was shot down by Russian military personnel operating a russian weapon system from inside the sovereign nation of Ukraine,

Yep; that's a possibility....certainly more likely than your CIA theory ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/russian-missile-makers-contradicts-mh17-crash-report-700433.html

Hilarity. The report hasn't even been released and the Russians are already claiming to know what's in it, and that it's wrong. I'm not sure what Putin fears if the blame gets pinned on Russia here. It's not like anyone is going to do anything about it.

seamus wrote: »
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/russian-missile-makers-contradicts-mh17-crash-report-700433.html

Hilarity. The report hasn't even been released and the Russians are already claiming to know what's in it, and that it's wrong. I'm not sure what Putin fears if the blame gets pinned on Russia here. It's not like anyone is going to do anything about it.

Have a read here

https://www.rt.com/news/318457-mh17-report-plane-crash/

Yep; that's a possibility....certainly more likely than your CIA theory

What CIA theory is this your claiming now

• Advertisement

But hey happy monday

So MH 370 was also shot down by The Russians?

What can you say?

So MH 370 was also shot down by The Russians?

What can you say?

Is this not the MH -17 thread ,

Wait the Russians shot down MH370 seriously do tell more ,

The report will say NOTHING of value. It will say that the plane was shot down with a missile. It will stop short of saying who pulled the trigger but will make veiled allusions leaving those with "active" imaginations to fill in their own blanks regardless of evidence.
    It will mention "high-energy objects" but will not mention "shrapnel".

It will present no evidence whatsoever. It will merely be a PR dog and pony show which was originally used to buy time for those who are blaming Russia. They've had well over a year to think about their next move. The initial US intelligence report hasn't changed one iota since 3 days after the plane crash.

The conclusion will be that it's "inconclusive", that they can't say for certain who shot down the plane but that all suspicions lie with Russia. And then they'll close the case and classify every single thing that could prove beyond a shadow of a doubt what really happened and that will be it.
    Nobody on the "blame Russia for everything" bandwagon will bat an eyelid at the multiple holes in the story or at the catalogue of deceptions and hidden evidence or even that US intelligence don't believe for a minute that the plane was shot down by a Russian Buk.
    The families of the 298 who were murdered will never know what happened to their loved ones. But they're only collateral damage in the larger game of geopolitics anyway so let them stew in the dark.

The report will say NOTHING of value. It will say that the plane was shot down with a missile. It will stop short of saying who pulled the trigger but will make veiled allusions leaving those with "active" imaginations to fill in their own blanks regardless of evidence.

It will present no evidence whatsoever. It will merely be a PR dog and pony show which was originally used to buy time for those who are blaming Russia. They've had well over a year to think about their next move. The initial US intelligence report hasn't changed one iota since 3 days after the plane crash.

The conclusion will be that it's "inconclusive", that they can't say for certain who shot down the plane but that all suspicions lie with Russia. And then they'll close the case and classify every single thing that could prove beyond a shadow of a doubt what really happened and that will be it.
    The families of the 298 who were murdered will never know what happened to their loved ones. But they're only collateral damage in the larger game of geopolitics anyway so let them stew in the dark.

Yep high energy objects and they already said they recovered shrapnel from the bodies .

The event and evidence hasn't changed one bit unlike the multiple stories that have come from Russia and the many conspiracy theorists.

And the 2nd investigation the Criminal investigation will be published around February that's the report that will attribute blame and who's exactly responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The criminal report will be released next year, that will apportion the blame or lack of blame for this.

I subscribe to Occam's razor theory ie the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. We know that the "Rebels" were operating Surface to Air Missiles systems in the area. We know that they celebrated bringing down a "Ukrainian" plane at the very time MH17 was blown from the sky. These claims were rapidly backtracked and denied when it became clear that it wasn't a military plane but a commercial airliner.

From my perspective the "Rebels" downed what they thought was a Ukrainian plane but due to lack of training or not have the complete BUK system available to them they took out MH17. I don't believe they deliberately targeted an airliner but I do believe they took it down without due care to confirm it was actually a military aircraft.

Press conference is now live ,

MH17 was struck outside left and forward of the fuselage by a rcoket from the BUk family,
    Fired from East Ukraine

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You seem pretty confident of this.

Interesting that you accuse a report of bias before it's even been published. Surely if you were actually interested in the truth you would at least be willing to give the report an objective read-through first?

Even if the report was biased, you have already revealed your own bias by pre-empting the contents of a report which hasn't been published. You have no interest in the truth on this issue, only in convincing yourself that Russia couldn't have possibly been involved.

Interesting that you accuse a report of bias before it's even been published. Surely if you were actually interested in the truth you would at least be willing to give the report an objective read-through first?

Even if the report was biased, you have already revealed your own bias by pre-empting the contents of a report which hasn't been published. You have no interest in the truth on this issue, only in convincing yourself that Russia couldn't have possibly been involved.

I have every interest in the truth but the fact that so much evidence was suppressed and that the investigation was conducted by 3 military allies and an actual suspect in the crime who has been given veto power over the publication of any information doesn't promote much confidence in my eyes as to the veracity of the report and the investigation's "findings".

It really doesn't. That's not bias, that's well-founded skepticism.

You're demanding I believe in something without question purely because you do and because I have well founded doubts you don't note them or try to even understand them, you simply label me a tinfoiler. It's pretty typical.

Meteor strike has been definitely ruled out ,

Russian thories ruled out ,

Missle fired from a 20km sq area in Eastern Ukraine

• Advertisement

And what of those who preempted the report by over a year? Those like John Kerry who stated that he had evidence that Russia was responsible but wouldn't show any of that evidence. His own intelligence people knew he was talking through his ass. What about his "bias"? Do you have anything to say about that?

Advertisement