Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysian airline MH-17 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

HensVassal wrote: »
    I wonder...now that the reports and investigations are all done and dusted...would the powers that be hand over all the evidence and scraps and everything else to a completely independent, impartial non-partisan investigation team? The verdict is in so why not allow some professors have a look. If they come up with anything different then I'm sure you could refute them.

Who was shooting down aircraft in the area simple Question. Bear in mind the Rabbles have no air force to shoot down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Go on to any news website right now and this utter shit is scarcely mentioned. This utter bullshit non-story.
    The world should be dancing that it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Russkies whacked 298 civvies. And yet this is not even on the front page of the BBC website.
    I think there's some crap on cnn.com about "reports states buk..." bullsh1t

And still why don't we have any news about the 30 Israeli officers killed by Russian missiles?

Go on to any news website right now and this utter shit is scarcely mentioned. This utter bullshit non-story.
    The world should be dancing that it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Russkies whacked 298 civvies. And yet this is not even on the front page of the BBC website.

And still why don't we have any news about the 30 Israeli officers killed by Russian missiles?

Did you find out who was shooting down planes in the Ukraine yet ? I will give you a clue it was not the Ukrainians as they have no opposition air force to counter.

You do know this is an Irish forum ?

Really?

Then why are we discussing things other than Irish stuff, like?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

Last year the New York Times published an excellent in-depth investigative report on one of the Russian government's several "trolling" programs:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/07/magazine/the-agency.html

Recommended.

Cheers,

Ac

• Advertisement

Really?

Then why are we discussing things other than Irish stuff, like?

Ahh right so we only allowed to talk about Irish issues now got it. Was a mechanism to show Ireland does not have any skin in the game over MH-17 so our view is impartial. And on the evidence that the rebbles were shooting down planes and the Ukrainians were not. It's not a big leap to assume a BUK system was given to the rebbles and training on how to use that complex piece of equipment. I assume it's even hard to setup an autonomous mode to shoot down any violation of it's covered airspace. Let alone hitting something at 32,000 ft. But sure western propaganda. Did not see anyone saying the Turkish did not shoot down that Russian fighter plane.

Did you find out who was shooting down planes in the Ukraine yet ? I will give you a clue it was not the Ukrainians as they have no opposition air force to counter.

You know, I've heard that "logic" before and it's just not working.
    Then if they have no airforce to "counter" why do they have AA weaponry in the first place.

But leaving aside that very simplistic little riddle that you tried to plant. So what if they didn't have an air force to counter? That doesn't preclude anything. I have a karate gi but no opponent. I could still put it on and beat the head off someone.

"HensVassal couldn't have battered XYZ. He had no opponents"

Fcuks sake...garbage argument

You know, I've heard that "logic" before and it's just not working.
    Then if they have no airforce to "counter" why do they have AA weaponry in the first place.

But leaving aside that very simplistic little riddle that you tried to plant. So what if they didn't have an air force to counter? That doesn't preclude anything. I have a karate gi but no opponent. I could still put it on and beat the head off someone.

"HensVassal couldn't have battered XYZ. He had no opponents"

Fcuks sake...garbage argument

Why does Russia ?

Ahh right so we only allowed to talk about Irish issues now got it. Was a mechanism to show Ireland does not have any skin in the game over MH-17 so our view is impartial. And on the evidence that the rebbles were shooting down planes and the Ukrainians were not. It's not a big leap to assume a BUK system was given to the rebbles and training on how to use that complex piece of equipment. I assume it's even hard to setup an autonomous mode to shoot down any violation of it's covered airspace. Let alone hitting something at 32,000 ft. But sure western propaganda. Did not see anyone saying the Turkish did not shoot down that Russian fighter plane.

Then why are you coming out and stating that this is an Irish forum in response to a previous post of mine?

If it's an Irish forum as you so vehemently asserted then elucidate me and all others as to the topics that can be discussed. I would imagine that this one would fall outside of the remit.
    Otherwise don't state that it's an "Irish" forum.

Then why are you coming out and stating that this is an Irish forum in response to a previous post of mine?

If it's an Irish forum as you so vehemently asserted then elucidate me and all others as to the topics that can be discussed. I would imagine that this one would fall outside of the remit.
    Otherwise don't state that it's an "Irish" forum.

There is a report button.

• Advertisement

There is a report button.

Ah, ya know what...we all know that the MH17 report was a farce, a whitewash relying on gibberish from Bellingcat rather than sources that adults might have a bit of faith in.

In the interim I'm off to watch some Champions Leagues highlights......proud partners of Gazprom. No sanctions there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Go on to any news website right now .

Doesn't take a professor to figure that one out.

Meanwhile in the Real world

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Gatling wrote: »
    Doesn't take a professor to figure that one out.

Meanwhile in the Real world

Especially given the source for the story is Sputnik...but hey in an alternative reality they must be a credible news source ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD
    Give it a rest with all the jabs yiz are throwing at each other.
    If you can't post on the topic with resorting to playground tactics, then don't post in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Well spotted! This non-story as you perfectly describe it has already disappeared without trace, even the Guardian propagandists don't watch to touch it after only two days and the BBC have dropped it completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Vabal

Well spotted! This non-story as you perfectly describe it has <b>already disappeared without trace</b>, even the Guardian propagandists don't watch to touch it after only two days and the BBC have dropped it completely.

Disappeared without trace you say? I can see it on BBC and on Guardian pages. Maybe you should have another look or make appointment to optician.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Vabal wrote: »
    Disappeared without trace you say? I can see it on BBC and on Guardian pages. Maybe you should have another look or make appointment to optician.
    mod: Speaking of looking at things, look at the rules again, please. Knock it off with personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

Well spotted! This non-story as you perfectly describe it has already disappeared without trace, even the Guardian propagandists don't watch to touch it after only two days and the BBC have dropped it completely.

Sometimes the cold hard facts makes for bad stories

Don't forget this criminal investigation was designed to be usable in a court of law so they made sure all the facts they presented will stand up for scrutiny

So calling this a non story is a non runner I'm afraid

Vabal wrote: »

Really? Here we have "ironclad proof" that a sovereign government is complicit in the murder of 298 civilians and yet not a single emergency meeting of the security council. Not a single parliamentary dissolution in a single state. There's more coverage of the brangellina breakup than this crap. Farce.

Yaaaawn

• Advertisement

government is complicit in the murder of 298 civilians and yet not a single emergency meeting of the security council.

Several actually all which Russia vetoed .

Including having the text shotdown taken off UNSC drafts and documents.
    Russia prefers the word "Downed "is used rather than ShotDown which is what happened MH17

Russia prefers the word "Downed "is used rather than ShotDown which is what happened MH17

Please elaborate and stay on point if that's an acceptable request.

Good Christ..I am on holiday in the Med and a tad drunk but what on EARTH have you written?

Really? Here we have "ironclad proof" that a sovereign government is complicit in the murder of 298 civilians and yet not a single emergency meeting of the security council. Not a single parliamentary dissolution in a single state. There's more coverage of the brangellina breakup than this crap. Farce.

Where in the JIT investigation did they blame a sovereign government for the downing of MH17 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I am on holiday in the Med

Did you drive there in a tank?

weisses wrote: »
    Where in the JIT investigation did they blame a sovereign government for the downing of MH17 ??

Then you are stating that there is no culpability levelled at a sovereign government. If that is your position then why are there punitive sanctions delivered upon a sovereign government as a result of this inconclusive criminality?

Did you drive there in a tank?

Don't know what is meant by that comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JohanFr

Good Christ..I am on holiday in the Med and a tad drunk but what on EARTH have you written?

I'm flying to the med soon. And in circumstances that would be nice and ironic and hollywood scripty to be shot down in.
    If that happens I'll shake my head at the poor storyline at some point before impact.

Looks like the Dutch Government arent happy with the bs nonsense coming from russia

news/dutch-summon-russian-ambassador-over-mh17-comments-171653508.html

• Advertisement

Then you are stating that there is no culpability levelled at a sovereign government. If that is your position then why are there punitive sanctions delivered upon a sovereign government as a result of this inconclusive criminality?

Which countries have put sanctions in place against Russia because of mh17 ?

According to a very reputable source it ain't all that bad anyway

https://sputniknews.com/russia/20160929/1045820969/russia-sanctions-benefit.html

Advertisement