Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysian airline MH-17 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Ive just read there that 38 bodies have been removed by Russian backed scum to destroy evidence, something needs to be done here with these absolute savages.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,220 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Bob24 wrote: »
    It is a bit more clear on this higher res picture, but still can read the text and I don't know what the logo is:

pc-140718-pro-russia-militants-crash-site-toy-1442_9d9297c35db2d0cfaff154700a9c8f59.jpg

Any idea?

The drunk guy standing next to Begbie?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Ive just read there that 38 bodies have been removed by Russian backed scum to destroy evidence, something needs to be done here with these absolute savages.

Yeah coz noone will notice the missing plane then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Bob24 wrote: »
    It is a bit more clear on this higher res picture, but still can read the text and I don't know what the logo is:

pc-140718-pro-russia-militants-crash-site-toy-1442_9d9297c35db2d0cfaff154700a9c8f59.jpg

Any idea?

I don't know where that photo came from, but if it is widely available on the Internet, imagine what the relatives of the child who owned that soft toy must be feeling if they saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Is that because some of the bodies will have explosive residues/traces on them & this can be traced?

• Advertisement

Link? i haven't seen that anywhere.

If they left the bodies there to rot people would also complain. Removing the bodies to some kind of morgue would be NORMAL BEHAVIOUR.

maurv1 wrote: »
    I don't know where that photo came from, but if it is widely available on the Internet, imagine what the relatives of the child who owned that soft toy must be feeling if they saw it.

Its legit alright.

The same person & pose is on the guardian site, just taken from a different angle.

(Personally I think how dare that fat greasy rat lay his hands on any posession belonging to someone he & his colleagues murdered).

srsly78 wrote: »
    If they left the bodies there to rot people would also complain. Removing the bodies to some kind of morgue would be NORMAL BEHAVIOUR.

If that's the case, then fine.... But it doesn't seem to be.

This guy is a Buzzfeed journalist on-site
    https://twitter.com/maxseddon
    ..... Doesn't fill me with confidence.

If that's the case, then fine.... But it doesn't seem to be.

This guy is a Buzzfeed journalist on-site
    https://twitter.com/maxseddon
    ..... Doesn't fill me with confidence.

He doesn't mention what the 8 Most Mindblowing Things About The Crash are, so I don't believe he works for Buzzfeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Its legit alright.

The same person & pose is on the guardian site, just taken from a different angle.

(Personally I think how dare that fat greasy rat lay his hands on any posession belonging to someone he & his colleagues murdered).

Yes I pretty much feel the same.

And I've seen the same photo with different angles on various newspapers websites. Often associated with pictures of the "international observers" (quoting as I don't really understand which organisation they represent) and their reckoning of the situation.

On some pictures you can see some of the observers have cameras and there are guys accompanying them which look more like journalists ... I guess those are the people pictures are coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I saw a video earlier, can't remember where I saw it from, of that guy holding the toy up while a load of photographers gather around him and take photos. He blesses himself after he puts the teddy back down.

He's the same guy who appears in a load of photos and videos talking to the OSCE / telling them they're being taken away from the site.

Interesting article about the random and crazy news stories that are appearing
    http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/07/18/infowars_russian_media_mh17_ukraine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Grayson wrote: »

Was on RTE news and now on Independent news site as well as others.
    So not only have these animals murdered these innocent people but now they have stolen some of there bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px2rfWBW4wg

VICE NEWS Report...

CAUTION - Contains graphic images

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭djerk

chilling article.. makes me shiver when i imagine many of these people were still alive as they fell from the sky.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/the-plane-was-falling-above-me-spinning-and-bodies-were-dropping-all-around-1.1871337?page=1

Was on RTE news and now on Independent news site as well as others.
    So not only have these animals murdered these innocent people but now they have stolen some of there bodies.

i saw it about 5 minutes after i read your post. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Grayson wrote: »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2697810/Does-Kremlin-black-box-Flight-recorders-said-way-Moscow-Russian-rebels-prevent-OSCE-observers-conducting-investigation.html

Sickening that people are tramping through the wreckage rifling through belongings of the dead, reports of looting as well.

Napoleon DID take moscow before the winter. Didn't do him much good tho.

srsly78 wrote: »
    Napoleon DID take moscow before the winter. Didn't do him much good tho.

Well, it was my wedding day, so he was a bit emotional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Yup largest by land mass. tiny population in comparison.

Large land mass that is very similar to Canada in that its mostly empty and the population centres are all in the west. And a population less than France and Germany.

And their "army" is a collection of under paid drunks, they've been slaughtering people in chechnya for years with little result and they're trying to move that brutal style of conflict into Europe.

Enough is enough at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

michellie wrote: »
    They are coming out of the woodworks to join boards today.

I am betting the next person to join boards today will have the username: sendintheclowns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

djerk wrote: »
    chilling article.. makes me shiver when i imagine many of these people were still alive as they fell from the sky.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/the-plane-was-falling-above-me-spinning-and-bodies-were-dropping-all-around-1.1871337?page=1

Wouldn't they all have been knocked out by the explosion and resulting decompression at 33,000ft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Wouldn't they all have been knocked out by the explosion and resulting decompression at 33,000ft?

Pressure wave form the detonation, explosive decompression causing rapid hypoxia. AA/SAM generally detonates near the target. People have in their minds a missile hitting a plane, that's not generally what happens. Think of it like a shotgun going off close to the target.

I think you only have spilt seconds of consciousness at that height without an oxygen tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Pressure wave form the detonation, explosive decompression causing rapid hypoxia. AA generally detonates near the target. People have in their minds a missile hitting a plane, that's not generally what happens. Think of it like a shotgun going off close to the target.
    InTheTrees wrote: »
    I think you only have spilt seconds of consciousness at that height without an oxygen tank.

Precisely - many people are under the impression that the victims may have been falling from the sky with some sort of awareness. I don't think many fully understand the severity of hitting an aircraft at that height with such freezing temperatures and oxygen deficiency; not to mention the effect of pressure waves described earlier.

You need to stfu, as do the rest of the war-mongers. The only ones that war benefits are the arms manufacturers. For everyone else, it's just a bad day out. There needs to be stern words and cool heads, not tanks and bombs and guns. That crap is what escalated this situation already.

The tanks and bombs and guns and bad guys are already out there killing innocent people.

And so far they're not listening to the stern words. And the more innocent people that are killed the more urgent it becomes to stop them from doing it.

Maybe they'll pay attention when the relatives of the dead file a suit in the international courts?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is like the cold war never ended, this plane attack will have lasting consequences.
    Mitt Romney was right when he said Russia was the biggest geopolitical issue for the US.
    Obama just laughed and accused him of living in the 1980's.
    Russia has been the biggest issue for the US.

The recovery is a mess, bodies are decomposing in the heat, idiots in balaclavas controlling the area, items from the passengers and maybe the plane are being stolen.
    It is just horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

InTheTrees wrote: »
    The tanks and bombs and guns and bad guys are already out there killing innocent people.

And so far they're not listening to the stern words. And the more innocent people that are killed the more urgent it becomes to stop them from doing it.

Maybe they'll pay attention when the relatives of the dead file a suit in the international courts?

So a localised small-scale conflict escalates into a region-wide war involving superpowers? Sounds great. Big wars start out of little fights. I suggest Putin and Obama get thrown into an MMA ring with an axe each. We throttle the winner and everyone fecks back to what they were doing before it got shootey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So a localised small-scale conflict escalates into a region-wide war involving superpowers? Sounds great. Big wars start out of little fights. I suggest Putin and Obama get thrown into an MMA ring with an axe each. We throttle the winner and everyone fecks back to what they were doing before it got shootey.

If only Franz Ferdinand was not assassinated.

Yes, a lid needs to be kept on things.

Advertisement