Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysian airline MH-17 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

It's pissing me off how some posters are getting away with posting the likes of 'Well they only took make up, it's not like they cut fingers off, so what if they only robbed make up'
    Wtf! Has happened to ah?
    Mods need to step up
    And grow some, and i
    Do believe I will be the only
    One that gets a warning.

And those that post sick ideals
    Will still be allowed to post!

But it will be worth it, and I'll will appeal it

It is appalling. It is likely to be happening, unfortunately. How extensive it is I have no clue; personally i would imagine it is a very small bad element, but all it takes is one gross act to taint a whole community. I did see a picture of a very elderly Ukrainian lady holding a bunch of flowers and weeping by the scene, and I am sure the vast majority of Ukrainians living in that area are noble and compassionate and humane. they are as horrified as we are at this mass murder. As would ordinary Russians be too. We cannot demonise whole populations...it is the thinking of a narrow mind. Unfortunately the bad stories always trump the good. Just as I am sure the image of Ireland and the Irish was tarnished by stories of tiny skeletons in a septic tank and decades of child rape in Industrial schools.
    Anyways..sigh

What about the poster that said sure they only took make up, it's not like they cut thier fingers off. It's just a bit of make up!
    Stealing from the dead?
    That poster has a point??
    In most countries that is a crime. I'm sickend that that he/she is getting away with that post. Sorry this is not aimed at you, but its only so far things can be taken.

Sorry:my anger is not aimed at you, jaunt another poster, unlike them you seem more sensible. That's all I can say now without really losing it.
    I have to say sorry to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

deco nate wrote: »
    What about the poster that said sure they only took make up, it's not like they cut thier fingers off. It's just a bit of make up!
    Stealing from the dead?
    That poster has a point??
    In most countries that is a crime. I'm sickend that that he/she is getting away with that post. Sorry this is not aimed at you, but its only so far things can be taken.

I am not on a ''team'' Deco. I am responsible for what I write and think alone. I agree with what I post myself. I am not responsible for anyone else. I am expressing myself as clearly as I can according with my instinctive response to the changing picture. I believe I expressed revulsion at what I called gross acts, and mass murder.

I am not on a ''team'' Deco. I am responsible for what I write and think alone. I agree with what I post myself. I am not responsible for anyone else. I am expressing myself as clearly as I can according with my instinctive response to the changing picture. I believe I expressed revulsion at what I called gross acts, and mass murder.
    Yes, sorry. I did edit my post.
    Again sorry to you :(

Edit:it was not aimed at you.

deco nate wrote: »
    Yes, sorry. I did edit my post.
    Again sorry to you :(

Edit:it was not aimed at you.

Thank you. That is very decent of you :)
    All the best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Egginacup wrote: »
    I'm not going to nitpick about conditions and that's the most irrelevant part of this discussion...you are talking about weather in hindsight like suddenly there's an army who could withstand the conditions that slowly creep. Cold weather...Germany invaded Russia in one of the warmest summers in history. Their frozen skulls are are in the hundreds of thousands from Leningrad to Volgograd.
    This discussion isn't about predicting military prowess as if you or I could know. A nuclear armed, tank laden, airforce heavy, well paid, well fed, army with helicopters, satellites, bombers, listening devices.....ad infinitum attacked a country in 2010...a country with not even a tank....yet they got their asses handed to them by more clever men. Sad but TRUE.

So forget this talk about who would win this that or the other. History displays otherwise.

Back to the proof that Vladimir Putin was responsible for this crime.

I can also say that a lot of my friends in Utrecht, Leiden, Diemen are sickened by the little railroading of Putina.

Is that Afghanistan you're on about? Where the russians spent 10 years and couldn't beat them?

Btw, it was not you that said that, it was another poster that said so what if someone robbed from the dead.
    That was who I was replying to

Back to the substantive issue. With the evidence at our disposal should the world jump on Russia for the act of mass murder that was committed over Ukraine on 17th July?

If it proves to be pro-Russian separatists gone rogue, is reaction against Russia still justifiable?

If it proves to be Ukraine, what then?

In the interests of bringing different points of view to the table I attach links to a couple of alternative commentaries that are not main stream.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-malaysian-airline-mh17-crash-sixteen-central-issues-which-cannot-be-ignored/5393296

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/07/26/world-doomed-western-insouciance-paul-craig-roberts/

I don't mind if you find them questionable. I am not lapping them up unquestioningly either, but i do find them interesting as expanding the accepted consensus. I will be transparent about the authors. Paul Craig Roberts was the Assistant Secretary of the Treasury under Ronald Reagan. Michel Chossudovsky who writes for Global Research is a professor of Economics at Ottawa University. Both have been pilloried as radicals, one to the left, one to the right. Notwithstanding this, I find most of the 16 questions posed in the first article to be reasonable. And I find Roberts analysis of where this dreadful event could lead to also be reasonable.

I am just adding them as alternative streams of information.

Back to the substantive issue. With the evidence at our disposal should the world jump on Russia for the act of mass murder that was committed over Ukraine on 17th July?

If it proves to be pro-Russian separatists gone rogue, is reaction against Russia still justifiable?

In the interests of bringing different points of view to the table I attach links to a couple of alternative commentaries that are not main stream.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-malaysian-airline-mh17-crash-sixteen-central-issues-which-cannot-be-ignored/5393296

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/07/26/world-doomed-western-insouciance-paul-craig-roberts/

I don't mind if you find them questionable. I am not lapping them up unquestioningly either, but i do find them interesting as expanding the accepted consensus. I will be transparent about the authors. Paul Craig Roberts was the Assistant Secretary of the Treasury under Ronald Reagan. Michel Chossudovsky who writes for Global Research is a professor of Economics at Ottawa University. Both have been pilloried as radicals, one to the left, one to the right. Notwithstanding this, I find most of the 16 questions posed in the first article to be reasonable. And I find Roberts analysis of where this dreadful event could lead to also be reasonable.

Ok, the first point.
    About them being told to fly
    Lower is bs, 3000 feet will
    Still put them in range of a buk.
    A buk can kill at a much higher range, near double the height of that flight, so 3000feet means nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭jimeryan22

mandrake04 wrote: »
    I don't don't find it funny at all, passenger possessions already being sold at local flea markets and bodies with hands and fingers chopped off because they are too bloated to have the rings removed.

You may find it funny but most decent human beings only find it sickening.

Cop yourself on you clown... It's a figure of speech you retardation... You think I find all this funny do you...
    Cop the **** on..

Mod: Banned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

jimeryan22 wrote: »
    Cop yourself on you clown... It's a figure of speech you retardation... You think I find all this funny do you...
    Cop the **** on..

At least he won't be banned like yourself

It is appalling. It is likely to be happening, unfortunately. How extensive it is I have no clue; personally i would imagine it is a very small bad element, but all it takes is one gross act to taint a whole community. I did see a picture of a very elderly Ukrainian lady holding a bunch of flowers and weeping by the scene, and I am sure the vast majority of Ukrainians living in that area are noble and compassionate and humane. they are as horrified as we are at this mass murder. As would ordinary Russians be too. We cannot demonise whole populations...it is the thinking of a narrow mind. Unfortunately the bad stories always trump the good. Just as I am sure the image of Ireland and the Irish was tarnished by stories of tiny skeletons in a septic tank and decades of child rape in Industrial schools.
    Anyways..sigh

So well said... Those who lives in glass houses and all that

At least he won't be banned like yourself

I'll take it as a stripe on my arm. Considering some idiot thought I was making light of dead people being stripped of their things and dignity..

Always ones like you stick in their pennies worth too ain't there..?

pablo128 wrote: »
    Is that Afghanistan you're on about? Where the russians spent 10 years and couldn't beat them?
    Erg. Probably coz the yanks were helping the other side..? Or did you not know ..?

I've also found Roberts excellent.. Pointless posting him here though.. You'll either be told he's a nut.. Or knows nothing on foreign policy... Even though he's a man of vast worldly experience...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I'll take it as a stripe on my arm. Considering some idiot thought I was making light of dead people being stripped of their things and dignity..

Is my penny not the same as yours?

I, like many on here.
    Will be glad to see the back of you...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Cop the **** on..

Nah buddy you said it was funny, figure of speech or not you still said it was funny. Which it's not.

You didn't have to attack me personally, you could have just went back and edited your post without the funny remark and it would be all good. Instead you sat sniggering behind your screen at all those poor people lying dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭OldRio

It's fairly obvious. Wikipedia is not peer reviewed. You yourself could go and contribute an article to Wikipedia now if you wanted to, and it would get quoted and re-quoted as Gospel. An article on Oology perhaps? Since you're an expert.

I know how wikipedia works. My post was directed at Mr/Mrs eggs and his team.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭miss tickle

To answer the question if this wreckage was in Ireland I doubt they would, also I doubt victims credit cards would be used in ATMs, belongings openly being sold at local flea markets or wreckage been sold as scrap. People just wouldn't stand for it.

It would be treated with respect much like a grave, not like some bonanza for a bunch of animals.

The way things are going there will be nothing left of the wreckage of MH17, stomach churning.

Just to give a bit of perspective, I suggest you read this article

http://online.wsj.com/articles/after-flight-17-crash-agony-debris-and-heartbreak-in-ukraine-villages-1406335532?mod=WSJ_hp_RightTopStories

It outlines the length people in the surrounding villages have gone to to try and preserve the scene, gather bodies and store the belongings they find, without any help from the government.

• Advertisement

Just to give a bit of perspective, I suggest you read this article

http://online.wsj.com/articles/after-flight-17-crash-agony-debris-and-heartbreak-in-ukraine-villages-1406335532?mod=WSJ_hp_RightTopStories

It outlines the length people in the surrounding villages have gone to to try and preserve the scene, gather bodies and store the belongings they find, without any help from the government.

My God. That is heart-breaking. As was this plane crash. As is the massacre ongoing in Gaza. So sad. The shared humanity. Thank you for the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Hard to blame the government for inaction at the crash-site when the area is under rebel control.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

There's one thing I've noted lately about the Irish media reporting on the plane, they all seem to be referring to it as a crash. It's almost like they are in denial about the fact that the plane exploded at 32,000 and killed all the crew and passengers, that the Irish media think the plane exploded on coming into contact with the ground during a landing., and that it was NOT due to a ground-to-air missile hitting it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Darkrepeater

What's the latest news with this..?
    Is there any confirmation of what actually happend..?
    Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Sunday Times says the Russian separatists are responsible on their front page today. Had a couple of heavy nights this weekend so fill me in on when that was confirmed as what happened?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Darkrepeater

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Sunday Times says the Russian separatists are responsible on their front page today. Had a couple of heavy nights this weekend so fill me in on when that was confirmed as what happened?

I'm the same, Haven't seen a thing all weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I'm the same, Haven't seen a thing all weekend

Was on the RTE 9pm news that the Senand is coming back this week to talk about it and Gaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

aloyisious wrote: »
    There's one thing I've noted lately about the Irish media reporting on the plane, they all seem to be referring to it as a crash. It's almost like they are in denial about the fact that the plane exploded at 32,000 and killed all the crew and passengers, that the Irish media think the plane exploded on coming into contact with the ground during a landing., and that it was NOT due to a ground-to-air missile hitting it.

The plane did not explode at 32,000 feet. Shrapnel from the warhead struck the plane causing it to lose it's structural integrity and break up mid air. The plane only exploded when it struck the ground.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

To answer the question if this wreckage was in Ireland I doubt they would, also I doubt victims credit cards would be used in ATMs, belongings openly being sold at local flea markets or wreckage been sold as scrap. People just wouldn't stand for it.

It would be treated with respect much like a grave, not like some bonanza for a bunch of animals.

The way things are going there will be nothing left of the wreckage of MH17, stomach churning.

I might remind you that in order to fraudulently use someone's credit card you do NOT need the card.

One does not need to scavange around a crash site looking for bits of plastic.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Stomach churning indeed.....IF true.

I thought the concept of Iraqi soldiers dumping infants out of incubators was a revolting revelation...until I realised it was a complete farcical propaganda hoax. It didn't take me long to wise up regarding psychological shock tactics....my favourite had to be Gadaffi supplying his soldiers with viagra to rape women.
    That really was the pinnacle of insults to the inteligence of anyone with a 10th of a brain. As if a rapist needs to have chemicals to conduct a personal and violent assault.

So this whole credit card thing. Has any fraudster who has used the cards been caught? Or even traced? My bank card was skimmed once....used and quickly cancelled.
    Would not the cards of these 298 people at least have the fraud squad chase the "card and number" thieves?

Advertisement