Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysian airline MH-17 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

The Months-Mind is coming up this Sunday 17th, pray have thoughts for the dead (R.I.P) and their families. Seem's a lot longer than four weeks since it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

So why not wait until this is carried out before pointing the finger?
    I haven't pointed any fingers at any party, in fact i have repeatedly stated that while they can reveal the HOW they won't be able to reveal the WHO!

It will be a case of OZZAMS RAZOR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

smurfjed wrote: »
    I haven't pointed any fingers at any party, in fact i have repeatedly stated that while they can reveal the HOW they won't be able to reveal the WHO!

It will be a case of OZZAMS RAZOR!

I am not talking about you. You pointing the finger wouldnt potentially lead to a war. I'm talking about Yatsenuk and Kerry and the reporting of the event since. Truth is we know feck all about what happened (despite what the Obamanista Pilliger says) which makes the actions of the Americans and Ukrainians very reckless (if not suspicious).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Peist2007 wrote: »
    I am not talking about you. You pointing the finger wouldnt potentially lead to a war. I'm talking about Yatsenuk and Kerry and the reporting of the event since. Truth is we know feck all about what happened (despite what the Obamanista Pilliger says) which makes the actions of the Americans and Ukrainians very reckless (if not suspicious).

Except we do, Plane shot down with BUK anti air missile. Only people in that area shooting down planes were the separatists. Ukraine had no need to shoot down planes as separatists have no air force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭KahBoom

Except we do, Plane shot down with BUK anti air missile. Only people in that area shooting down planes were the separatists. Ukraine had no need to shoot down planes as separatists have no air force.
    Do you have any concept of the difference between an assumption and actually knowing something? You don't know anything. You assume.

• Advertisement

Speculation.

"Ukraine had no need to shoot down planes" - are you actually following what is going on?

KahBoom wrote: »
    Do you have any concept of the difference between an assumption and actually knowing something? You don't know anything. You assume.

Yeah my mouth kinda hit the floor at that one. The Ukrainians had no need to shoot down the plane. The mind boggles.

Yeah my mouth kinda hit the floor at that one. The Ukrainians had no need to shoot down the plane. The mind boggles.

Ok you lot explain why the Ukraine would be shooting down passenger jets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jelenka

To blame Russia for it maybe?

Sigh

• Advertisement

Sigh

Sigh all you want, Have you any evidence to the contrary of the accepted facts so far ? CT don’t count.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

jelenka wrote: »
    To blame Russia for it maybe?

Any official source claiming that ?

weisses wrote: »

Any official evidence to prove it wasn't kiev army that shot it down?
    Any official evidence to show it was in fact separatists that did it?

Sigh all you want, Have you any evidence to the contrary of the accepted facts so far ? CT don’t count.

What accepted facts? Are you saying the Ukrainians having no need to shoot the plane down is an "accepted fact"?

I think you also find that even if it turns out the Russians are behind it then it is a conspiracy theory. Any scenario here is a conspiracy theory actually. Although i know what "CT" meeans to you: something you disagree with and refuse to try to understand. CT = not on the BBC News :pac:

Asking almost 4 weeks on why the Ukrainians would take down a plane shows you're either a troll or that you simply have not thought to deeply about this subject. Either way it is pointless engaging. To say that we already know what has happened here shows your agenda.

Ps the burden of proof shifts so much with you people it is hard to keep up. "innocent until proven guilty" means you're the one who needs to come up with some evidence.

They blamed Russia / Russian Separatists for it live on TV less than an hour after the plane went down. You werent watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The USA was getting nowhere trying to get a reluctant EU to impose sanctions on Russia - shoot down a plane of predominately EU citizens, circulate pictures of pro Russians stealing teddy bears and you know the rest.
    *above is no longer a conspiracy theory.

Any official evidence to prove it wasn't kiev army that shot it down?
    Any official evidence to show it was in fact separatists that did it?

Don't answer the question with two more ... You suggested Kiev could have done it to blame Russia, all I ask is a possible reliable source for your speculations

The USA was getting nowhere trying to get a reluctant EU to impose sanctions on Russia - shoot down a plane of predominately EU citizens, circulate pictures of pro Russians stealing teddy bears and you know the rest.
    *above is no longer a conspiracy theory.

Wait a minute: BBC never told me that!

Cue incredulity that America would consider such a thing. And again, read some. The US will do anything and does not give a flying fig about us here in Europe

They blamed Russia / Russian Separatists for it live on TV less than an hour after the plane went down. You werent watching?

That's some nice backtracking already including the separatists to make your point .... A link to verify what you claim would be nice

Don't answer the question with two more ... You suggested Kiev could have done it to blame Russia, all I ask is a possible reliable source for your speculations

You do realise that the entire reaction to this event is borne out of the narrative immediately put out there by Ukraine, the US and the media? The only side accused was the Russians. So sorry, the burden of proof is on you.

• Advertisement

That's some nice backtracking already including the separatists to make your point .... A link to verify what you claim would be nice

No. Sorry. My stance on this has been the same from the very start. The Ukraine and US said they had evidence to back up the Russians doing this. Then they produced no evidence at all. If you backtrack far enough that is the point that i initially made here.

Are you saying that i can accuse you of murder and then ask you to prove to me your innocence? Sorry buddy, that's not how it works.

You do realise that the entire reaction to this event is borne out of the narrative immediately put out there by Ukraine, the US and the media? The only side accused was the Russians. So sorry, the burden of proof is on you.

Then show me where Russia is blamed for shooting down mh17 .... I am not suggesting or claiming anything ... Im just asking to add a sourest to your speculations

Then show me where Russia is blamed for shooting down mh17 .... I am not suggesting or claiming anything ... Im just asking to add a sourest to your speculations

I'm sorry i think you need to go and have a bsic read for yourself. I amnt here to provide summaries. The Russians have been blamed for this from the outset.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

oh dear!
    http://www.google.ie/images?client=safari&rls=en&q=putin's+missile&oe=UTF-8&gws_rd=cr&hl=en&sa=X&oi=image_

Are you serious? Google it, even newspaper headlines with "PUTINS MISSILE ", " PUTINS VICTIMS ", have you just woken up?

I'm sorry i think you need to go and have a bsic read for yourself. I amnt here to provide summaries. The Russians have been blamed for this from the outset.

More unfounded speculation from you then

Plenty of sources online stating Us saying that Russia wasn't directly responsible

http://www.ibtimes.com/malaysian-plane-no-direct-link-russia-mh17-likely-shot-down-pro-russian-separatists-say-us-1636084

Are you serious? Google it, even newspaper headlines with "PUTINS MISSILE ", " PUTINS VICTIMS ", have you just woken up?

Source please for Ukraine officials blaming Russia for shooting down that plane.

Have seen enough hyperbole

Wasn't that because the missile battery was brought in from Russia manned by separatists ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 MaryDorisS

Source please for Ukraine officials blaming Russia for shooting down that plane.

Have seen enough hyperbole

Here you go

edition.cnn.com/2014/07/22/world/europe/ukraine-malaysia-airlines-crash/[/url]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭KahBoom

Ps the burden of proof shifts so much with you people it is hard to keep up. "innocent until proven guilty" means you're the one who needs to come up with some evidence.
    Yes that's basically all this thread is at this stage, people presuming they are not subject to burden of proof, and using the most lame/childish attempts to try and shift the burden of proof, onto other posters - all the while crying "shill! shill!" as frequently as they can.

It's really the quality of argument you'd expect between idiot teenagers in secondary school.

Advertisement