Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy a house in Lusk?

Options
  • 17-07-2014 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,
    What do u think of Lusk? there is a new estate called "The Forge" and I was thinking of buying a house and to move there with my husband and my 3 children.
    Cheers
    Niamh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Maines

evilbaby77 wrote: »
    Hi,
    What do u think of Lusk? there is a new estate called "The Forge" and I was thinking of buying a house and to move there with my husband and my 3 children.
    Cheers
    Niamh

Would be interested to know about the forge too. Also looking at it. I've lived in Donabate for the last 7 years in an apartment. It's only 10 min from lusk. I'd rather stay in Donabate but lusk is a lot cheaper. No secondary school in lusk and I've had friends who weren't happy living there but it's not far from swords and newbridge farm/playground in Donabate

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Avery

There is a new secondary school in Lusk. It opened in 2013 http://www.luskcommunitycollege.ie/index.php/about-us

• Registered Users Posts: 5 frankroc

evilbaby77 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Cheers
    Niamh

We bought a house here and it should be complete by Oct/Nov. the quality of the houses is great and the prices are not bad. Big advantage is that the price is set so u do not end up in bidding war to buy the house. I went to show room, put down 3k deposit and that's it. Much easier than trying to buy second hand house!

Don't know much about the area but the commute isn't bad, the forge is 1k from train station so am happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

frankroc wrote: »
    We bought a house here and it should be complete by Oct/Nov. the quality of the houses is great and the prices are not bad. Big advantage is that the price is set so u do not end up in bidding war to buy the house. I went to show room, put down 3k deposit and that's it. Much easier than trying to buy second hand house!

Don't know much about the area but the commute isn't bad, the forge is 1k from train station so am happy.

If you don't know much about the area why buy there? Surely you did loads of research?

How do you know the build quality is great when your's isn't even finished? Hasn't stood the test of time.

How do you know the estate will be finished? Or even if so if it will tidied up and landscaped after?

There are some nice houses up in Barnageeragh in Skerries nearby, but the site and surrounds are a disaster, see my post on it here

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Dwyer Nloan are the developers, the same as Hampton Wood Finglas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I've bought a house in the forge and it should be finished in the next week or two ready for snagging. We initially put down our deposits last November so it's taken a while. The houses are ahooting up quick enough now so it looks like the estate will finish.

Ours is one of the 3 bed semis and as far as I could see the price was great, the build quality was good, the house layout was excellent, spacious, small drive for 2 cars and everything I would want for my first home.

The only issue I have with mine is the rear garden isn't as big as I had initially though and not the size of the show house, but it's not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Maines wrote: »
    No secondary school in lusk and I've had friends who weren't happy living there but it's not far from swords and newbridge farm/playground in Donabate
    Why were your friends not happy living in Lusk?
    slinky2000 wrote: »
    The only issue I have with mine is the rear garden isn't as big as I had initially though and not the size of the show house, but it's not bad.
    Have you checked the size against the plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭micks_address

Live in one of the older estates not far from the forge. The houses do look nice and well finished but the front gardens do like tiny if thats any indication of the back..

There is as others mentioned a secondary school in lusk open one year and all reports are thats its an excellent school and of course being new has a lot of advantages for kids starting over the coming years..

You have a choice of two primary schools, educate together and the older primary school.. the primary school has over 800 kids in attendance and from my own experience is excellent

In the village then you have Supervalu, costcutter, butchers, a few pubs, bookies, three chemists, dentist, vet, coffee shop (do a mean fry) gaa/soccer clubs.. chinese, two chippers.. hairdressers, laundrette and you are not far from the train station and the 33/33x bus services are very handy.. ive probably left out a few shops but thats the most of them i think

There is another estate beside the forge which has a mixture of affordable housing units in it. Doesnt bother us at all, but i know this can put some people off.

On the plus side there is a massive green space at the back of the forge, and as other posters have pointed out, you are no distance from lovely parks like ardgillian, malahide castle, newbridge and the beaches are close..

Anyway best of luck with your purchase decision..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

the_syco wrote: »
    Have you checked the size against the plans?

ah yea it's in line with the plans, just my head said it should have looked bigger. The joys of buying of plans.

Advertisement