Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian Take Away Glen Royal Hotel Maynooth

Options
  • 17-07-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Good Afternoon, :cool:

I saw a billboard at the entrance to the carpark yesterday for the above. just wondering has anyone tried it yet, good, bad etc?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's a few reports in the New Shop thread. Consensus seems to be that its OK but dearer than the better options nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

oh okay thanks, in regards to other options, do they mean to Leixlip & Celbridge?

Bloggsie wrote: »
    oh okay thanks, in regards to other options, do they mean to Leixlip & Celbridge?

Celbridge most specifically - Delhi Darbar.

I have been advised that Delhi Darbur its good & reasonablly priced. I am being a bit selfish in so far as I often fancy a good ruby murray after a couple of pints but Thai or Chinese are not my 1st choice, I could leave Bradys collect & go home. happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

I think this place gets an unfair rap regarding expense. No msg's are used and you can tell the produce is og good quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

I ate in here a couple of months ago and found it disappointing. Would go for dehli darbar, they deliver to maynooth as does the Indian in kilcock so no problem after the pub.

we went for delhi datbur take away a couple of weeks ago, found it to be outstanding, also they delivered at the time that we requested. top notch will be using them again.

ixus wrote: »
    I think this place gets an unfair rap regarding expense. No msg's are used and you can tell the produce is og good quality.

They're only being compared to what else is available - we have one of the best in the country that will happily deliver to Maynooth, its not an easy market to enter.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we have 3 local Indians that are pretty ok and there is definitely a market for one in maynooth but I am not bothered even trying it due to the reviews so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Had a groupon for the Thai there a few weeks ago, I thought it was really good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Staplor wrote: »
    Had a groupon for the Thai there a few weeks ago, I thought it was really good

It is unless you get take away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Bloggsie wrote: »
    we went for delhi datbur take away a couple of weeks ago, found it to be outstanding, also they delivered at the time that we requested. top notch will be using them again.

Delhi dahrbour is not all that. Ive stopped ordering from them and the one in leixlip because i was so dissapointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I've never had a problem with Delhi Darbar - order from the regularly and the food is always top notch. Eat in there occasionally too - lovely ambience and great food.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Have to say that my last order from Delhi Darbar (last weekend) was not up to the high standards I've come to expect. If anything, it reminded me of the food in the Mumbai Spice...

Speaking of Mumbai Spice, I know they need to promote it, but is a menu every week delivered to the same houses over and over really the way to go? It's not like they have special offers or anything.

Delhi Darbar was unpredictable was the problem and the food from Bumbai Creative was better and more consistent but the customer service is woeful and it happened more then once with both that something would be missing from the order but Bumbai Creative left 6 things out from our order on Friday and they failed to deal with the issue at all.
    The food has also got spicy instead of tasty:(

We are back to a lack in Indians and a collection of not so great chineses:(

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Delhi dahrbour is not all that. Ive stopped ordering from them and the one in leixlip because i was so dissapointed.
    Hi Snoopy1 did you tell them that you didnt like the food? I know its not the Irish way, but make them aware of the problem & they can do something about it.

I have ordered from there twice & really enjoyed it on both occasions. Also they deliver when they say they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I completely agree with the amount of flyers being received. It's ridiculous! We don't even look at them anymore, they are just going straight into the recycle bin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Paolo Tullio on Leixlip Indian
    Eating Out: Paolo Tullio at Sanjay's Kitchen
    "All three of us did that 'wow' and 'OMG' and 'that's amazing' thing. Such a fresh taste."......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Haven't been down since it switched from being a Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I am definitely going to try there

• Advertisement
Advertisement