Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnection of supply notice!

Options
  • 17-07-2014 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi!
    just a quick question for you - if i choose to switch to PAYG meter to pay off my overdue bill  is there a minimum amount i can pay back monthly -like to top up no more than 25 euros a month ?
    do you have any special plans on how to pay back the bills for people who are unemployed and on social welfare payments  ?

thanx

Tina

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Tina,

Every time a PAYG customer tops up their keypad (PAYG) meter for their current supply, 25% of the amount they top up by, goes towards their arrears.

There is a Household Budget plan, which customers can speak to the Department of Social Protection about.

Do let us know if you require further assistance. We will be back from 8am tomorrow.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TinaKristina

thank you for reply ,

I understand that i will need to call them up but before i do i just want to make sure that you wont cut off my electricity supply straight away if i wont be able to pay like 50 euros a week or so as my circumstances simple do not allow that at the moment.

Can you confirm that there is no minimum set up amount on PAYG meter and i can top up as much as i can afford each month ?

also you mentioned Household Budget plan- will that work if all i can pay back is 5 euros a week???

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Tina,

There is no set amount required of customers who have a keypad/PAYG meter installed for managing arrears.

Top-ups are required every time a customer's credit is running low. Electricity eventually disconnects once the credit runs out. There is €5 emergency credit though (which is automatically paid for via the next top-up) and there are "credit friendly" hours (night-time, weekends, bank holidays) during which, disconnection does not occur, even if the meter needs to be topped up.

A Household Budget plan is separate to a keypad (PAYG) meter. Customers can have both, but the Household Budget payments would go into the electricity account, not the keypad meter. So it would help clear arrears, but would not form part of the top-ups.

To advise in relation to your other queries, we would need to view your account, if you could private message me your Electric Ireland account number and your full name, address and telephone number (confirming that you are the account-holder).

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement