Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you deal with the heat?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

so so warm :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Work is actually cold. There are people wearing jumpers (mainly Spanish people). Yay for aircon! Probably still roasting outside though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    The weather is bítchin, just buy a fan if your finding it hard to sleep at night.

No where has any left. Not one argos in the country and no shops in Dublin. The last place I seen that sold them was PC world in naas and they were massively over priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

All over in the next 12 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Typical I just dig out my fan (rooting around in attics in this heat is not recommended) and now the weather will turn bah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I love the heat anyway :D:D:D

bearing in mind I spend most of the day outdoors/working in an tin shed/workshop with no wind....could reallly get used to this weather!!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭larrlin24

Is it actually? I don't think I can handle it any longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

larrlin24 wrote: »
    Is it actually? I don't think I can handle it any longer.

Winter is coming. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭larrlin24

Winter is coming. :)

I wish :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I work in a job where i'm not allowed to say what job i do (security reasons i'm told). But, as part of my job, i need to wear a very specific "waist-coat" which may or may not have the ability to prevent pointy things going through said "waist-coat". Anyway, the heat in the South East today combined with that "waist-coat", in a uniform which was not designed with this weather in mind, coupled with the fact that i'm ginger, well, you can imagine the state of me today. The van told me 40 degrees celcius at one point. Probably slightly higher than it was, but it sure felt like it! Took me exactly 2 minutes to change the colour of my shirt!

Did you get hired for that job by virtue of the fact that you do not have a soul? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Remmy wrote: »
    Did you get hired for that job by virtue of the fact that you do not have a soul? :D

Rubbish, Many say only a souls need apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Wulfie

Remmy wrote: »

That and he met the height requirement. Probably passed Irish in his inter cert .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭james66

So happy this bastard weather is gone. Can't wait for winter, snow and christmas. :D

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

james66 wrote: »
    So happy this bastard weather is gone. Can't wait for winter, snow and christmas. :D

It's coming back, I think / hope.

Advertisement