Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Chambers + Diego Costa

or

Cahill + Giroud

That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Cahill + Giroud - Chambers could be very short-term.

Sanchez + Erikson
    Or
    Fabregas + Ramsey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

MEMA2013 wrote: »
    Defender themed questions and goooooo

What are peoples thoughts on wisdon for west brom was he brought in as cover or will be be a starter?

How do ye see hulls backs shaping up, Is Rosenier a starter?

Presume chambers will be out when mert is back?

Is Cameron a starter for stoke and Luis for chelsea?

1. Wisdom will start a chunk of games this year I'd be pretty certain. At the start of the season they're stuck with a few injuries already so he'll be there from the get-go. Can cover RB and CB so I reckon how much he continues to play will depend on his performances in the first few weeks.

2. Can't say for sure, don't know them well enough as a team. Seems like there's been a 3 CB with wing backs approach in pre-season, with Robbie Brady as a wing back (sounds like the United situation)

3. Not necessarily, I reckon he'll be in and out of the team for the rest of the season after starting the first few weeks. Arsenal have a tough start and CL qualifiers so I wouldn't want to spend much on any of their defenders. I reckon he's worth a punt. If he gets a clean sheet GW1 he's likely to rise then if he's dropped you can bank profit in switching to another 4.5

4. I do not expect Cameron to start for Stoke. Should be 4 from Huth, Shawcross, Pieters, Wilson and Bardsley

5. Chelsea's backline is another toughie. I think Azpil will play a handful of games more than Luis over the season as he covers both sides, but neither will be nailed on every week. At 6.0 I'd pick Azpil. It's another case of picking 4 from 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

donglen wrote: »
    Cahill + Giroud - Chambers could be very short-term.

Sanchez + Erikson
    Or
    Fabregas + Ramsey

Probably Fab and Ram. Slighty uncertainty as to how Sanchez will start I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Anyone going 4-3-3 with 3 top strikers?

My MF and FW line looks like

Mata
    Fabregas
    Sanchez

Costa
    Rooney
    Giroud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Anyone going 4-3-3 with 3 top strikers?

My MF and FW line looks like

Mata
    Fabregas
    Sanchez

Costa
    Rooney
    Giroud

Lack of reliable point scoring defenders/Keepers will come back to haunt you, and you will have a difficult choice of captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lack of reliable point scoring defenders/Keepers will come back to haunt you, and you will have a difficult choice of captain

Difficult choice of captain... You say that like it is a bad thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lads. Just downloaded the FPL Wizard app a few people mentioned.

Genius stuff. Free. Go get it.

Analyses rotation options for 2 and 3 player defensive rotations. Rotating 3 players for one or for two spots.

Will take form into account during season also.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MEMA2013

8-10 wrote: »
    1. Wisdom will start a chunk of games this year I'd be pretty certain. At the start of the season they're stuck with a few injuries already so he'll be there from the get-go. Can cover RB and CB so I reckon how much he continues to play will depend on his performances in the first few weeks.

2. Can't say for sure, don't know them well enough as a team. Seems like there's been a 3 CB with wing backs approach in pre-season, with Robbie Brady as a wing back (sounds like the United situation)

3. Not necessarily, I reckon he'll be in and out of the team for the rest of the season after starting the first few weeks. Arsenal have a tough start and CL qualifiers so I wouldn't want to spend much on any of their defenders. I reckon he's worth a punt. If he gets a clean sheet GW1 he's likely to rise then if he's dropped you can bank profit in switching to another 4.5

4. I do not expect Cameron to start for Stoke. Should be 4 from Huth, Shawcross, Pieters, Wilson and Bardsley

5. Chelsea's backline is another toughie. I think Azpil will play a handful of games more than Luis over the season as he covers both sides, but neither will be nailed on every week. At 6.0 I'd pick Azpil. It's another case of picking 4 from 5.

Cheers mate, thats a really good answer and giving me some food for thought.

Wasn't sure if I should drop Mannone + Krul for DDG + Hamer, but decided, 'Screw it, I'm going for it.' Glad I've nailed down that decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wasn't sure if I should drop Mannone + Krul for DDG + [I]Hamer[/I], but decided, 'Screw it, I'm going for it.' Glad I've nailed down that decision.

Had to look him up. Here's some trivia:

"Hamer was born in Chard, Somerset and is a Bristol City fan. His family moved to Germany at the age of 3 and, consequently, he is a fluent German speaker"

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Had to look him up. Here's some trivia:

"Hamer was born in Chard, Somerset and is a Bristol City fan. His family moved to Germany at the age of 3 and, consequently, he is a fluent German speaker"

:pac:

I know someone who lives in Chard!

She knows f*** all about FPL though.

Wasn't sure if I should drop Mannone + Krul for DDG + Hamer, but decided, 'Screw it, I'm going for it.' Glad I've nailed down that decision.

It's also an excuse to call your team "Hamer Time"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Head

Downloaded the official FPL app just there, pretty good I reckon. Only thing is it doesn't seem to allow you to manage your Ultimate team, is there a separate app for that do people know?

Downloaded the official FPL app just there, pretty good I reckon. Only thing is it doesn't seem to allow you to manage your Ultimate team, is there a separate app for that do people know?

Was this for ios or android? Can't seem to find it in the play store.

Was this for ios or android? Can't seem to find it in the play store.

iOS

edit: was 1.79e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Just go for the differential FPL app on android for 1.20€. Does far more for less :)

zarquon wrote: »
    Just go for the differential FPL app on android for 1.20€. Does far more for less :)

Requires an Android device though doesn't it?

The official one isn't available on android then? Used fantasy football buddy last season but it hasn't been updated yet. Sent an email to devs to see what the story is with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

What do these apps do/have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Requires an Android device though doesn't it?

Yes, but i meant it as an alternative for android users who can't access the official app.

The official one isn't available on android then? Used fantasy football buddy last season but it hasn't been updated yet. Sent an email to devs to see what the story is with it.

Fantasy football manager(Homemade apps) is a decent free alternative (android)

manual_man wrote: »
    Fantasy football manager(Homemade apps) is a decent free alternative (android)

Cheers, will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Does anyone know how I can reset the points in my League after New Year's? I'm a league admin for a league with my friends the last few years, but this year we're going to try run the league twice from GW1 up to 31/12/14 and then another from 01/01/15 to GW38.

I've seen this done in a previous league I was in but can't figure out how to do it myself.

Thanks.

Does anyone know how I can reset the points in my League after New Year's? I'm a league admin for a league with my friends the last few years, but this year we're going to try run the league twice from GW1 up to 31/12/14 and then another from 01/01/15 to GW38.

I've seen this done in a previous league I was in but can't figure out how to do it myself.

Thanks.

Could you just start a new league in the new year?

• Advertisement

Could you just start a new league in the new year?

Yeah, I think that would probably be the best and only way! I wasn't 100% if there was another way around it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

You can just change when the scoring starts. Once it hits Christmas change it to start from gameweek 19 or whatever.

roryc wrote: »
    You can just change when the scoring starts. Once it hits Christmas change it to start from gameweek 19 or whatever.

Cheers, I'll give that a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Some assist odds for the popular players with a good chance ahead of week one. All taken from Boyles for handiness sake.

Off topic but sometimes the bookies are a good bit off in this market and if you've your head stuck as the season progresses there's nice value in it. Anyway:

Mata - 12/5
    Rooney - 5/2
    Young - 3/1
    Shaw - 6/1
    Bony - 9/2
    Sigurdsson - 5/1

Wickham & Fletcher - 4/1
    Wisdom - 6/1

Eriksen - 11/4
    Lamela - 3/1

Sanchez - 5/2
    Ramsey & Giroud - 11/4
    Debuchy - 13/2

Coutinho - 12/5
    Sterling & Gerrard - 5/2
    Sturridge - 11/4
    Henderson - 4/1
    Pelle & Tadic - 11/2

Silva - 13/5
    Jovetic & Dzeko - 3/1
    Nasri & Yaya - 10/3
    de Jong - 4/1
    Cabella - 11/2

No market for Burnley vs Chelsea yet.

Interesting that Young is almost the same odds as Mata

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jordi Gomez likely to start for Sunderland? Trying to figure out who will be on penos!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Word of warning on those looking at Palace defenders..
    Looks like Martin Kelly on his way to Palace.
    Actually a talented player but injuries have ruined his career. Plays right back or centre back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

El festino wrote: »
    Actually a talented player but injuries have ruined his career. Plays right back or centre back.
    Think I'll stay on Mariappa for now, but if Kelly starts he's only 4.5m as well

El festino wrote: »

As a 'pool fan I've always liked him as a player, if that move goes ahead he'd definitely have a good chance of getting a starting spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Kelly at 4.5m for palace not a bad ff option

CSF wrote: »
    Jordi Gomez likely to start for Sunderland? Trying to figure out who will be on penos!!!

Coin toss between him and Larsson for the third CM spot alongside Rodwell and Cattermole.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

In the long run Kelly could solve all our/my problems at 4.5 with Ward going to lb?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

In the long run Kelly could solve all our/my problems at 4.5 with Ward going to lb?

I'd say, he's a better player than marriapa in my opinion. He's very injury prone though unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Paully D wrote: »
    Coin toss between him and Larsson for the third CM spot alongside Rodwell and Cattermole.
    Reckon Larsson wins that cointoss when you put it that way.

Terry or Cahill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Paully D wrote: »
    Would Fletcher be on penalties then if Borini stays put?

Would Fletcher be on penalties then if Borini stays put?

Honestly, I haven't got a clue.

Wickham took the only one we got in pre-season this year, last year it was Borini and Ki who took them all and the season prior it was Gardner.

It could be any one of Gomez, Fletcher, Wickham (if he's around), Johnson or Larsson. There's too many question marks over who will be first choice players to know as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

will gallagher for southampton get game time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Terry or Cahill?

As they're equally priced, Terry. More goal threat and the jammiest FF player ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Rojo set to sign for Utd it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Costa is after banging in 2 in the Chelsea match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Fuck sake... i need to stop coming back to this forum before the deadline! Every time i think i'm settled with my squad something else pops up. Chelsea's nice start is really making it hard for me to pick Sturridge over Costa, he has done really well pre season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My plan is Sturridge for GW1 and I then might transfer Costa in for GW2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Rooney named United captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Fuck sake... i need to stop coming back to this forum before the deadline! Every time i think i'm settled with my squad something else pops up. Chelsea's nice start is really making it hard for me to pick Sturridge over Costa, he has done really well pre season.

I'm going for Costa, think sturridge could struggle this year, at least in ff terms

Advertisement