Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

As they're equally priced, Terry. More goal threat and the jammiest FF player ever.

Age could possibly be a factor though as the season wears on

Lemlin wrote: »
    My plan is Sturridge for GW1 and I then might transfer Costa in for GW2.

Chelsea are playing burnley though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »

expect Chelsea to beat Burnley, but might not be the whitewash some people expect. Burnley conceded just 14 goals in 23 home games last season. An incredible defensive record. lower quality of opposition, for sure, but it suggests they might be hard to break down on their home turf

manual_man wrote: »
    expect Chelsea to beat Burnley, but might not be the whitewash some people expect. Burnley conceded just 14 goals in 23 home games last season. An incredible defensive record. lower quality of opposition, for sure, but it suggests they might be hard to break down on their home turf

True, although I still see costa getting more points than sturridge in GW1

True, although I still see costa getting more points than sturridge in GW1

We'll see. I fancy Liverpool to knock a few past Southampton. Debating between Sturridge Rooney and Ramsey myself for captain, I have Costa too but will wait for gw2 home to Leicester when he's a great choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

This has probably been asked a tonne of times. Does anyone have a link to a fixture ticker? I had a beaut of one last year all colour coded depending on difficulty etc can't find it for this season though. :(

Anyone any opinions on how Chelsea will line up for their first game?

Courtouis Terry Cahill Ivan Luis will be the back 5 I think. After that Matic and Fab in centre mid is a safe enough bet. After that Hazard and Costa have to be pretty safe choices, with the other 2 attacking spots harder to tell - I'm guessing Schurlle and Ramires, but at the same time either or both of Oscar/Willian could get the nod

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Lukaku, Koschielny, and Coleman all doubtful (75%) risk em or transfer. My bench is solid at best.

What are Remy's chances of playing against Hull?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Man Utd close to signing Blind:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2723277/Manchester-United-close-signing-Daley-Blind-20m-breakthrough-talks.html

Definitely getting him in to my team of the transfer goes through

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cathmhaoil1

Is Ashley Young worth a punt, considering I would have 2 Utd players in already( bench material)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

q2ice wrote: »
    Man Utd close to signing Blind:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2723277/Manchester-United-close-signing-Daley-Blind-20m-breakthrough-talks.html

Definitely getting him in to my team of the transfer goes through

Will probably play DM. I'd guess he'd come in as a DEF for 5.5m, better options at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Any room on the Costa bandwagon? Trying to include him means finding 2 millions elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Courtouis Terry Cahill Ivan Luis will be the back 5 I think. After that Matic and Fab in centre mid is a safe enough bet. After that Hazard and Costa have to be pretty safe choices, with the other 2 attacking spots harder to tell - I'm guessing Schurlle and Ramires, but at the same time either or both of Oscar/Willian could get the nod

Azpilicueta will start imo, fully fit and performing as our best fb, Mourinho has talked of Ivan now as a covering cb...

No chance of schurrle starting, will be Matic, Ramires, Haz, Fabregas, Willian & Costa if I had to guess but that leaves out Oscar too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I said on the captaincy thread that I expect Burnley to be tough to break down at home. Last time they were in the PL they had some impressive results including a 1-0 win over United.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I said on the captaincy thread that I expect Burnley to be tough to break down at home. Last time they were in the PL they had some impressive results including a 1-0 win over United.

This is very true its a real old fashioned ground that teams dont seem to like going to play at and traditionally they always have a strong home record. Last time around in the PL Burnley beat utd 1 0, spurs 4 2, everton 1 0 at home. Chelsea beat them 1 0 with a very late goal and they drew with arsenal 1 1. Liverpool and city the only top 7 teams to give them a bit of a chasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

....Matic and Fab in centre mid is a safe enough bet....
    ...No chance of schurrle starting, will be Matic, Ramires, Haz, Fabregas, Willian & Costa if I had to guess but that leaves out Oscar too...

I agree with the Hobbit.

Cesc to start in the number 10 role, Hazard to his left, one of WIllian/Oscar on the right. Any most of them to be substituted at about 60mns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I agree with the Hobbit.

Cesc to start in the number 10 role, Hazard to his left, one of WIllian/Oscar on the right. Any most of them to be substituted at about 60mns.
    I don't see it. Fabregas is the exact sort of player Mourinho would love in the number 8 role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Not sure Burnley getting some good results 5 years ago under a different manager and with a different squad has any relevance to now.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Not sure Burnley getting some good results 5 years ago under a different manager and with a different squad has any relevance to now.

Thats a fair point was just making the point that historically its been a tough place to go to not just in the PL. Sometimes it can be more difficult going to promoted teams early on as the crowd is so enthusiastic and the players have a bit more belief due to coming off a season when they have been used to winning. Burnley, Hull, Blackpool are some recent examples of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I have Duff in as my 4.0m defender. Is he a starter?

Also looking for a 4.5m midfielder that starts? Wanyama?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

G1032 wrote: »

Wanyama would be a terrible choice. Doesn't get goals or assists, just yellow cards. I've been looking for a 4.5m myself and there's not much choice out there. Maybe Faurlin for QPR could be a good bet for starter and possible goals/assists?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Wanyama would be a terrible choice. Doesn't get goals or assists, just yellow cards. I've been looking for a 4.5m myself and there's not much choice out there. Maybe Faurlin for QPR could be a good bet for starter and possible goals/assists?

I don't really care about goals or assists for a 4.5m midfielder. Just a couple of points if he needs to come off the bench for me

I don't really care about goals or assists for a 4.5m midfielder. Just a couple of points if he needs to come off the bench for me

But if you have someone who is coming off the bench, is it not better if he could sneak you a goal as well and possible have his value increase so that you could possible sell him at a profit?

But if you have someone who is coming off the bench, is it not better if he could sneak you a goal as well and possible have his value increase so that you could possibly sell him at a profit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    I don't see it. Fabregas is the exact sort of player Mourinho would love in the number 8 role.

He's actually going to be the 'number 7' according to Jose.

"Fabregas is the player we need to modify a little bit the profile of our game, which we need," Mourinho added. "We want to give the next dimension to our game in midfield and Fabregas is this kind of player which I like to call 'the 7', because he's not the 6 and he's not the 8."

"Normally the 7 is the winger, I also call the 7 the guy in midfield who's not the 6, he's not the 8. Or he's a 6 and 8 at the same time. So he's a 7 and we need him a lot."

Thanks for making that er, perfectly clear Jose! :)

But he's not the 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057267169

Jose just like the sound of his own voice.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/03/fabregas-is-the-missing-piece-in-chelseas-title-challenge-mourinho/
    He can play as a No.8 or No.10, plus the fact he has experience in the Premier League. He is not on the foreign list, as he counts as a homegrown player, which was important and he is not on the foreign list for the Champions League either. They were important factors.

“I see him everywhere because he can play everywhere.

“His best quality is the speed where he analyses the game and executes. He is difficult to shake off the ball or make the wrong decision. He can accelerate the intensity of the game or he can reduce it. He’s very intelligent. And he has goals.

As things stand duff will start they are looking at signing a cb Dawson off wba but it's gone a bit quiet on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Jesus H Christ. I picked a team a couple of weeks ago and left it, only clicked into the threads I was following on this forum as to be honest too much changes at this time of the year and i'm not terribly interested in pre season. This forum is insanely busy, there's no way I can read back on the stuff I've missed. Who are the standouts who appear to be priced too low? And will FFS have a predicted teamsheets out before this weekends fixtures.
    Welcome to all the new posters and welcome back to all the old timers. Bring it on!! I'll probably change my team hundreds of times between now and Saturday morning. I had Santon for Newcastle in but he's red flagged so I'll start there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Think Mourinho means he's the 'Trequarista'

FM afficienado's know the score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Jesus H Christ. I picked a team a couple of weeks ago and left it, only clicked into the threads I was following on this forum as to be honest too much changes at this time of the year and i'm not terribly interested in pre season. This forum is insanely busy, there's no way I can read back on the stuff I've missed. Who are the standouts who appear to be priced too low? And will FFS have a predicted teamsheets out before this weekends fixtures.
    Welcome to all the new posters and welcome back to all the old timers. Bring it on!! I'll probably change my team hundreds of times between now and Saturday morning. I had Santon for Newcastle in but he's red flagged so I'll start there.

We all decided many pages ago that Lampard and Drogba are must haves ;)

Evan's is yellow flagged for the Mancs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

We all decided many pages ago that Lampard and Drogba are must haves ;)

Are you in my FSA league or something:p

Any chance that someone with a lot of time on their hands will summarise the activity of the past few weeks around here:pac:
    I'm joking:o really I am, but if anybody has a lot of time on their hands;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

There is a fairly standard template team after developing amongst forum members, if you even scroll back 2 or 3 pages on the "rate my team" thread you'll see what i mean.

De Gea/cheapo keeper or Krul/Mannone for GK
    Chelsea and/or Utd Defender + 3 x £4.5/4mil defenders (with Stoke/Swansea or Newcastle/Sunderland rotating options being popular)
    Spoilt for choice in midfield with all last years big hitters plus Sanchez and Fabregas being the favourites
    And Rooney + Costa/Sturridge + £6mil/under option up front

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

isgrove at southampton is a bolter at 4.5m

ideye brown at 6m is a good shout and i think will do well

liam moore is best 4m option guaranteed to start.

only must have is rooney i think. ive gone with hazard,mata, ramsey, barkey as big 4 in midfield.

• Advertisement

unplayable wrote: »
    isgrove at southampton is a bolter at 4.5m

ideye brown at 6m is a good shout and i think will do well

liam moore is best 4m option guaranteed to start.

only must have is rooney i think. ive gone with hazard,mata, ramsey, barkey as big 4 in midfield.

Will Isgrove start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

There is a fairly standard template team after developing amongst forum members, if you even scroll back 2 or 3 pages on the "rate my team" thread you'll see what i mean.

De Gea/cheapo keeper or Krul/Mannone for GK
    Chelsea and/or Utd Defender + 3 x £4.5/4mil defenders (with Stoke/Swansea or Newcastle/Sunderland rotating options being popular)
    Spoilt for choice in midfield with all last years big hitters plus Sanchez and Fabregas being the favourites
    And Rooney + Costa/Sturridge + £6mil/under option up front

Pretty much this.

Eriksen + Siggy popular as cheaper options in midfield.
    People also looking at Giroud and Dzeko up front.

Not too many city players being picked. Yaya very expensive, plus they have tough start. In general people going with lots of Chelsea and United, with some Arsenal. And people generally choosing less Liverpool, City and Everton players.

Evans lads? Any reason he's yellow flagged?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Will Isgrove start?

i think he will play

davis, wanyama, jwp

tadic, pele, isgrove on sat

cork, ramirez, taider on bench

could play cork for more cover in the three and then jwp on right instead of isgrove. judging by pre season isgrove will get minutes.

Evans lads? Any reason he's yellow flagged?
    Because he's injured. Not sure how bad though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

What's the story lads with Erikkson i was hoping he would be my gem. All reports i am reading is he has been playing wide and Lamela playing behind the striker which is putting me off him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Martin Kelly (4.5) off to Palace it seems. Not sure where he'll slot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Why are some people picking Myhill? Will Foster not be number 1 this year?

Dietsquirt wrote: »

Defo

I've picked him too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i would guess that those picking Myhill have De Gea, and they don't expect to ever use the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

I picked Myhill because I plan on playing De Gea every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

The problem there being if/when a £4m keeper does become available, everyone using the WC will sub OUT Myhill forcing his price down by £0.1m or £0.2m. Pick an unknown non-player, I currently have Hamer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just saw that Van Gaal has said Shaw,Valencia & Welbeck are injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

roryc wrote: »
    The problem there being if/when a £4m keeper does become available, everyone using the WC will sub OUT Myhill forcing his price down by £0.1m or £0.2m. Pick an unknown non-player, I currently have Hamer.
    But a player with a lower ownership needs less transfers out, so a few hundred random transfers could cause his price to drop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

what ye thinkin about southampton players?? despite losing nearly all their team i actually think they will be pretty solid again this season and comfortably avoid the drop. I was researching their new signings earlier and think tadic could be a class act for them. unreal record before he came to southampton, they also only play 2 teams from the top 7 in their opening 12 fixtures, I have placed tadic on the bench because of this, will prob start him after the first match away to liverpool. thoughts>??

• Advertisement
Advertisement