Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

frimpong wrote: »
    But a player with a lower ownership needs less transfers out, so a few hundred random transfers could cause his price to drop.

it's all based on percentages, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

what ye thinkin about southampton players?? despite losing nearly all their team i actually think they will be pretty solid again this season and comfortably avoid the drop. I was researching their new signings earlier and think tadic could be a class act for them. unreal record before he came to southampton, they also only play 2 teams from the top 7 in their opening 12 fixtures, I have placed tadic on the bench because of this, will prob start him after the first match away to liverpool. thoughts>??

They could be decent I won't be bringing any of their players(Except Isgrove as my 4.5 mid) until I get a real idea of what they are like this year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If 10% of a player's ownership sells him, he drops 0.1m

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

FutureGuy wrote: »
    If 10% of a player's ownership sells him, he drops 0.1m

Where did you hear that? Is that definitely right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I haven't heard that figure before. Interesting if its correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

frimpong wrote: »
    They could be decent I won't be bringing any of their players(Except Isgrove as my 4.5 mid) until I get a real idea of what they are like this year.

Does Isgrove look like being a starter for Soton?? I'm on the lookout for a fifth midfielder in that price range. El Ahmadi seemed to be the standout option but I see that FFS don'tthink he'll start at the weekend

I have Isgrove and think he'll start. Been immense pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Where did you hear that? Is that definitely right?

There's no exact figure but it is usually something like that. It can differ from season to season sometimes.
    Good read here
    http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/crack-the-code-2014-15-the-fiso-guide-to-fpl-price-changes-t110979.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

roryc wrote: »
    I have Isgrove and think he'll start. Been immense pre-season.

I know nothing about this but your sureness is leading me to consider following you.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    There's no exact figure but it is usually something like that. It can differ from season to season sometimes.
    Good read here

Thanks for that. That's really interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

how involved with Januazji be for United??

slingerz wrote: »
    how involved with Januazji be for United??

Sporadically. Definately wait a few weeks.

Southampton have completed the £6m signing of Steaua Bucharest defender Florin Gardos.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Big news there. Palace defender at £4.5?

Martin Kelly is a rb, palace have joel ward who is an excellent player , arguably there player of the season last year, unless there gonna play ward as a cdm (which they did a bit last year) I wouldnt be rushing into buy this guy just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Martin Kelly is a rb, palace have joel ward who is an excellent player , arguably there player of the season last year, unless there gonna play ward as a cdm (which they did a bit last year) I wouldnt be rushing into buy this guy just yet.

Are Ward, Dann, Hangeland nor fairly sure starters for Palace? Could Kelly slot in at LB instead of Williams/Delaney?

v3ttel wrote: »
    Are Ward, Dann, Hangeland nor fairly sure starters for Palace? Could Kelly slot in at LB instead of Williams/Delaney?

perhaps yeah! dont really rate martin kelly at all myself as a player but defo cant see him dis-lodging ward as rb anyway, as you said palace dont look particularly strong at lb so might be a spot there for him, and if he starts regularly could be cheap option at 4.5 with palace under pulis being v solid at the back.

Does anyone know when the first FFS podcast will be available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody got an opinion on Isgrove v Ward Prowse on who is the more likely starter and points scorer. Had in Ward Prowse but people here seem to like Isgrove i personally never heard of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Seriously torn between Fabregas and Hazard! Hazard hasn't done much pre-season but then again he is Hazard and can turn it on at any minute and should be playing in a much more attacking position the Fab however Fabregas has done well pre-season getting up creating chances.

Also Sturridge/Costa is doing my nut in. The heart says Sturridge but the general feeling i get around these parts is Costa is the way to go!

fuck this game and all the stress that comes with it! The deadline can't come quick enough :(

Anyone any thoughts that might help to push me in one direction of the other??

Seriously torn between Fabregas and Hazard! Hazard hasn't done much pre-season but then again he is Hazard and can turn it on at any minute and should be playing in a much more attacking position the Fab however Fabregas has done well pre-season getting up creating chances.

Also Sturridge/Costa is doing my nut in. The heart says Sturridge but the general feeling i get around these parts is Costa is the way to go!

fuck this game and all the stress that comes with it! The deadline can't come quick enough :(

Anyone any thoughts that might help to push me in one direction of the other??

Have a look at what you would do with the extra million, and compare the 2 situations.

For example, Hazard + O'Shea vs Fabregas + Debuchy. That always helps me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Have a look at what you would do with the extra million, and compare the 2 situations.

For example, Hazard + O'Shea vs Fabregas + Debuchy. That always helps me.

I've currently got Fab selected and have 1mil in the bank and don't know what to do with it! I think that's what worries me! I also have Sturridge selected so can easily swap him for anyone! Money doesn't seem to be an issue as i like the look of my team its just those two decisions i can settle on. I mean i don't feel i should just buy Hazard because i can afford him if Fab has a high chance of out scoring him?

Any thoughts on Adam Johnson at 6.5 scored well last season and should score well for dribbling.

I've currently got Fab selected and have 1mil in the bank and don't know what to do with it! I think that's what worries me! I also have Sturridge selected so can easily swap him for anyone! Money doesn't seem to be an issue as i like the look of my team its just those two decisions i can settle on. I mean i don't feel i should just buy Hazard because i can afford him if Fab has a high chance of out scoring him?

Yeah it's always hand to have 0.5 or 1.0 in the bank so you can easily transfer in whoever rips it up in GW1.

Have you posted up your team recently, out of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Adam Johnson at 6.5 scored well last season and should score well for dribbling.

Is there additional points for dribbling this year? Checked the rules but couldn't seem to see anything:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Degag wrote: »
    Is there additional points for dribbling this year? Checked the rules but couldn't seem to see anything:confused:

In the BPS system which is used to calculate bonus points, they award a point for every successful dribble.

Degag wrote: »

Fairly sure i read someone say it here.

Shaw is out for a month so Young at 6.5 is very attractive with United's fixtures and his pre season form.

Fairly sure i read someone say it here.

Shaw is out for a month so Young at 6.5 is very attractive with United's fixtures and his pre season form.

I think Young is only 5.5. Can't access it here in work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Does anyone know when the first FFS podcast will be available?

Usually not done till after GW1, probably tomorrow week

Hopefully I'm wrong and its up tomorrow though

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Usually not done till after GW1, probably tomorrow week

Hopefully I'm wrong and its up tomorrow though

Ah, right, thanks. I just assumed there would be one up before GW1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Southampton have completed the £6m signing of Steaua Bucharest defender Florin Gardos.

Haha, just noticed your sig, how long is that there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Young isn't a punt. He's a midfielder who will be playing as a defender. He may well be scoring or assisting the odd game but no where near as much as other midfielders like Siggy who are essentially playing off the strikers.

No clean sheet bonus- no point

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Young isn't a punt. He's a midfielder who will be playing as a defender. He may well be scoring or assisting the odd game but no where near as much as other midfielders like Siggy who are essentially playing off the strikers.

He'll be getting forward a ton and Siggy played in the wide position in Swansea's last friendly to accomodate Bony and Gomis.

He will be starting for the first 6 fixtures with shaw injured more than likely , which are extremley winnable from utd perspective. He's position is wing back sure, but anyone who has seen the united system in pre season knows that they sure as hell attack too. He scored twice in 1 game in the states and put in a couple of excellent performances also. An absolute steal at 5.5 imo, I will deffo have him in my team for the first month anyway.

United have an easy start and should score goals. Young is not playing as a defender he is a wing back who will be bombing forward offering width from the left. He has scored and assisted a few in pre season. at 5.5 he is attractive for the first few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

He will be starting for the first 6 fixtures with shaw injured more than likely , which are extremley winnable from utd perspective. He's position is wing back sure, but anyone who has seen the united system in pre season knows that they sure as hell attack too. He scored twice in 1 game in the states and put in a couple of excellent performances also. An absolute steal at 5.5 imo, I will deffo have him in my team for the first month anyway.

If he's a steal at 5.5 then what is Shaw at 6.0 with added clean sheet points? I think you're exaggerating, he might turn out to be a good pick but he's not a steal.

I can't get my head around the logic here, Young wouldn't have made my team last year had he been starting as a winger at that price, now he's a fullback and people are creaming themselves.

What is this sorcery?

Dearg81 wrote: »
    If he's a steal at 5.5 then what is Shaw at 6.0 with added clean sheet points? I think you're exaggerating, he might turn out to be a good pick but he's not a steal.

HAHA Shaw is injured for the first month of the league man so hes hardly any value at 6.0 now is he ;)!! Look all im saying is hes a nailed on starter since shaw is injured, united are more thank likely going to win defo 5/ their first 6 games and the boy is playin out of his skin in pre season. Makes sense to me and in my eyes hes great value considering. If you dont agree thats fine too. I will more than likely sub young out once the first 6 games of the season have been played by the way

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    I can't get my head around the logic here, Young wouldn't have made my team last year had he been starting as a winger at that price, now he's a fullback and people are creaming themselves.

What is this sorcery?

Yep, people are getting massively confused here. Young playing as a wing back is bad for FF. Not good. Bad.
    KevIRL wrote: »
    Haha, just noticed your sig, how long is that there?

Since the day it was made. Think its a keeper. I've offered the same lad 5/2 again so if lightening strikes twice I'm sure there will be a new and improved video come May.

Yep, people are getting massively confused here. Young playing as a wing back is bad for FF. Not good. Bad.

Exactly, I want defenders who are actually midfielders, like Bale in the past, not viceversa, like Young.

I want midfielders who are actually pretty much strikers, like Michu in the past, not viceversa, like Bojan.

Both Young and Bojan would be great opinions if they were categorised in the position they are most likely to play. But they're not, and they miss out on those precious points accordingly.

What is this sorcery?

Young was awful going into last year and would not have been playing regularly.

He has been very good pre season in a wing back role for going forward scoring and assisting. United should score a few goals in the opening games and he should start the first few games. For 5.5 for a United regular he is worth a punt in the first few weeks if you want him.

Young was awful going into last year and would not have been playing regularly.

He has been very good pre season in a wing back role for going forward scoring and assisting. United should score a few goals in the opening games and he should start the first few games. For 5.5 for a United regular he is worth a punt in the first few weeks if you want him.

But he is unlikely to score a few goals in the opening games because he is playing in defence. Don't let the massively more open pre-season games confuse you on that. Swansea and Sunderland won't be set up anything like the teams United played in pre-season.

For all the hype about Coleman, and he did great last season, he only scored 6 goals last season from that position. On what basis are you expecting Young to exceed that by enough to make the precious midfield space he is taking worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

But he is unlikely to score a few goals in the opening games because he is playing in defence. Don't let the massively more open pre-season games confuse you on that. Swansea and Sunderland won't be set up anything like the teams United played in pre-season.

For all the hype about Coleman, and he did great last season, he only scored 6 goals last season from that position. On what basis are you expecting Young to exceed that by enough to make the precious midfield space he is taking worth it?

It could be argued that pinging balls in to Rooney, RVP, Mata etc is a better chance of a goal than aiming for Lukaku.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    It could be argued that pinging balls in to Rooney, RVP, Mata etc is a better chance of a goal than aiming for Lukaku.

It could also be argued that Coleman is an immensely better and more dangerous player than Young. Where's your point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

HAHA Shaw is injured for the first month of the league man so hes hardly any value at 6.0 now is he ;)!! Look all im saying is hes a nailed on starter since shaw is injured, united are more thank likely going to win defo 5/ their first 6 games and the boy is playin out of his skin in pre season. Makes sense to me and in my eyes hes great value considering. If you dont agree thats fine too. I will more than likely sub young out once the first 6 games of the season have been played by the way

I know he's injured. My point is that united defenders(when they're fit obviously) who play wing backs and are similarly priced to Young are better options and I haven't heard one person calling them steals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

It could also be argued that Coleman is an immensely better and more dangerous player than Young. Where's your point?

My point is outlined in the post you quoted. Stop being so antagonistic.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    My point is outlined in the post you quoted. Stop being so antagonistic.

Your point is that there are other good players on his team though, so why not go with a good player playing in an attacking position from his team who actually gets their correct points to capitalise on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

When UTD playing teams outside the top 6 like they will be for the first few weeks of the season the wing backs will play very high up the pitch, Young will have plenty of attacking chances and I think he's worth it at 5.5 because he'll shoot up in price if he grabs a goal or an assist, he's a good player, he wants to prove himself and he's in form.

When UTD playing teams outside the top 6 like they will be for the first few weeks of the season the wing backs will play very high up the pitch, Young will have plenty of attacking chances and I think he's worth it at 5.5 because he'll shoot up in price if he grabs a goal or an assist, he's a good player, he wants to prove himself and he's in form.

High up the pitch, but not as high up the pitch as a midfielder.

And I can't agree with this notion that he is a good player, he has been awful for a number of years, a good pre-season shouldn't take away from that.

Pre-season doesn't count for that much at all, Its just good for knowing how teams are likely to line up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement