Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotzie

Now at Crystal Palace and at 4.5m Martin Kelly could be a bargain buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Dotzie wrote: »

Kelly is a bit of a sicknote, hasn't played much football at all in the last couple of years.

James or Blackett from Man Utd are far better value in the short to medium term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

km79 wrote: »
    final decision I think ........
    I've had siggy all the time in my drafts but now I've slotted Henderson in for gw1.I've no other pool player and am slightly worried they might bang a few in first week but then have 2 tough fixtures.
    meanwhile siggy has united away but then 2 home fixtures.
    my plan is to transfer him in after gw1 but these things never go to plan
    what to do?????

United's defence wouldn't fill me with confidence at this moment in time, I'd expect them to beat swansea but I'd certainly expect Swansea to score as well. I think it's a bit silly to plan to transfer Siggy in after week one, something else is likely to be more pressing and you could be looking at a 4 point hit. Henderson had an immense season last year but Siggy outscored him in a little over one third of the minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

price690 wrote: »
    Kelly is a bit of a sicknote, hasn't played much football at all in the last couple of years.

James or Blackett from Man Utd are far better value in the short to medium term.

Evans might still play Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Brenty

Chambers a must have at 4.5m? Arsenal have few injuries and he played well last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

United's defence wouldn't fill me with confidence at this moment in time, I'd expect them to beat swansea but I'd certainly expect Swansea to score as well. I think it's a bit silly to plan to transfer Siggy in after week one, something else is likely to be more pressing and you could be looking at a 4 point hit. Henderson had an immense season last year but Siggy outscored him in a little over one third of the minutes.

He didn't outscore him. Henderson got 124 and Siggy got 72. He did play only a third of the minutes though so you're half right :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Dearg81 wrote: »
    He didn't outscore him. Henderson got 124 and Siggy got 72. He did play only a third of the minutes though so you're half right :-)

Sorry, I meant outscore in the old fashioned sense, Sigurrdson got 5 goals and Henderson got 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Sorry, I meant outscore in the old fashioned sense, Sigurrdson got 5 goals and Henderson got 4.
    Henderson isn't an attacking mid though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

km79 wrote: »
    Evans might still play Saturday!

So might Shaw according to the fpl site

75% chance of playing:pac:

frimpong wrote: »
    Henderson isn't an attacking mid though.

Ever since Gerrards' deeper lying role, Henderson has been allowed get forward more. Very much a box-to-box midfielder now. I think he's a good bet to get 150+ fpl points this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Girlfriend organised a surprise camping trip in the wilderness from tonight until saturday afternoon.

Me out loud: 'Yay, thanks'!

Me to myself: 'God-dammit, now I have to pick my fantasy football team by tonight, and on top of that I won't hear any last minute injury news or be able to do any last minute tinkering with my team'.

Well that's my tinkering done! Going with the following:

Krul
    Cahill - Debuchy - Jones
    Eriksen - Mata - Ramsey - Fabregas
    Bojan - Rooney - Giroud

Subs: Elliot, Siggy, Van Aanholt, Moore

If any see anything feel free to point it out, but I won't see it and it won't get changed!

Good luck to everyone for the next day and a bit of tinkering!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Tony Pulis could leave Palace before the weekend. Palace defenders wouldn't look that attractive if he leaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Tony Pulis could leave Palace before the weekend. Palace defenders wouldn't look that attractive if he leaves.

Gone and all is the story tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

KevIRL wrote: »

balls!!! I had just finished my team cos I'm going over to united game this weekend ! I had a palace QPR rotation in defence . have to look at it again now so! is he gone for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Crystal Palace's defenders right now potentially :pac: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ned Walsh

Crystal Pulis is no more. Left by mutual consent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

No Palace defenders will be making my team now given their prices. Uncertainty regarding their 4.5s makes them unattractive even at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

any suggestions how spurs will line out gw1. d particularly in defence?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Any indication on who will likely land the Chelsea GK spot, Cech or Courtois?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Poch said there'll be late fitness test for Walker, Vertonghen, Dawson, Chiriches, Dembele, Paulinho and Chadli plus question marks over who starts up front and at left-back. Only really Lamela, Eriksen and Lloris are certain starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »

Been busy all day and just saw this. That's some mess for them.

He was only on MoTD on Sunday night talking about the first game vs Arsenal!

worth trebling up on Arsenal attackers :p

manual_man wrote: »
    worth trebling up on Arsenal attackers :p

Where's Steve Kean when Palace need him!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Lemlin wrote: »
    Where's Steve Kean when Palace need him!?

he's managing some team out in Malaysia. ex cork city players Roy o Donovan and Joe Gamble are part of his squad :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Scout Podcast is out. Hoping they are decent as never listened before. Tried one earlier from FPLAvids, it was OK, host was dire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Is Gibbs worth playing lads, or would I be better of with De Bouchy, also any cheap Hammers defenders/ midfielders worth punting on like Cresswel,Potts or Noble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Taylor of Swansea or Naughton of Spurs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

IT STARTS TOMORROW! :D :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

dahat wrote: »
    Scout Podcast is out. Hoping they are decent as never listened before. Tried one earlier from FPLAvids, it was OK, host was dire
    You got a link to the Scout Podcast? Don't know it.

Paully D wrote: »
    IT STARTS TOMORROW! :D :eek:

Just want the season to start now. Will be good to get back into the swing of things.

The missus is away tomorrow evening so I can pay good attention to any last minute news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Just want the season to start now. Will be good to get back into the swing of things.

The missus is away tomorrow evening so I can pay good attention to any last minute news.

Likewise... sick of chopping and changing my squad numerous times a day. Also can't wait to just have the football back period. World cup was ok for something to watch while we waited but international football doesn't compare to the league for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Def was the first part of my team I had set up-
    Now with cheap chambers in, evans inj, pulis sacked it throws a fukcstick into my plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

skippy15 wrote: »
    Def was the first part of my team I had set up-
    Now with cheap chambers in, evans inj, pulis sacked it throws a fukcstick into my plans.

You've got Jones & Smalling at the same price as Evans.
    Chambers is less expensive than most Palace defenders...
    Do you want me to throw you a snickers ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Is young likely to start for Utd? A bold move admittedly. If he was my cheap mid I'd look to bring in someone else for mata and upgrade elsewhere then

What's people's target for the season? The only league I lost last year was my work one where a lad finished just outside the top 1k so it has to be my aim to try and secure all the private leagues I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What's people's target for the season? The only league I lost last year was my work one where a lad finished just outside the top 1k so it has to be my aim to try and secure all the private leagues I'm in.

I dunno, I won all my leagues last year, but I'm in alot more this year and such an aim probably isn't realistic.

I wish to make a nice profit at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Not really worried about the money - the bragging rights in the office are worth their weight in gold

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Lads

Begovic and **** keeper who'll never play

OR

Krul/Mannone rotation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lads

Begovic and **** keeper who'll never play

OR

Krul/Mannone rotation?

First one.

Fantasy football buddy android app updated this morning for the new season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Very hard to say as had a surprisingly good finish last year and hard to base my expectations on one good year. Have entered three pay leagues (the Loi ones) and have just moved to a new office in work and they've a leaguee at a tenner a head too. Would like to do well in them but hard to know what target to set overall. 8k last year so anything in top 20k would probably be realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

To finish 1st overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aha_sender

To finish top 100

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Not many are picking Ashley Young, just over 5%. He's a good pre-season. He's 5.5M.

Ive decided Siggy out - Young in.

Is Davies for Spurs nailed on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Ashley Young or Henderson ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Looking to make it inside top 1K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

To win a league or two especially a money one if possible.
    First time entering money leagues so while some hate the H2H format it represents a good chance to win some money for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Not many are picking Ashley Young, just over 5%. He's a good pre-season. He's 5.5M.

Ive decided Siggy out - Young in.

Is Davies for Spurs nailed on?

I stuck him in too - with no wing backs he's nailed on for a start and is taking corners also so should be good for an assist or 2

• Advertisement
Advertisement