Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Any good IOS apps out there worth considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Any Stoke fans on here care to tell if they think Wilson is a certain starter?? FFS seem to think he will and bringing him in for Pieters allows me to bump Sigurdsson up to Sterling. At £4.5mil it's a bargain for Stoke defence too with their early run of fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Any Stoke fans on here care to tell if they think Wilson is a certain starter?? FFS seem to think he will and bringing him in for Pieters allows me to bump Sigurdsson up to Sterling. At £4.5mil it's a bargain for Stoke defence too with their early run of fixtures

I've never met a stoke fan in Ireland (or anywhere else if I'm being honest)
    Wilson appears very likely to start this week but for how long is anybody's guess, there are plenty of options right along the backline for Hughes.
    One thing about Wilson is that he never scores, ever (except fo that wondergoal for Ireland)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Wait for Hughes' press conference and see if he gives any hints to see who'll start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Costa and Wilshire or Sterling and Giroud?

I've never met a stoke fan in Ireland (or anywhere else if I'm being honest)
    Wilson appears very likely to start this week but for how long is anybody's guess, there are plenty of options right along the backline for Hughes.
    One thing about Wilson is that he never scores, ever (except fo that wondergoal for Ireland)

Ha I've never met one myself now that i think of it but i thought there was someone posting regular updates on them at least on here? Not too worried about him getting goals as long as the CS potential is there as i reckon swapping Sigurdsson out for Sterling should more then make up for any points Pieters will get for going forward.

fucking stress of this all, listening to the FFS podcast has only made things less clear for me now too :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I still cant believe theres no android fantasy football app in this day and age. Having to use the website on a phone is such a pain.

Or is there an app and im just blind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fantasy football buddy

Fantasy football manager

Both not official but pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

debuchy and Blackett or
    Jones and chambers.....
    will have .5 in bank to upgrade when either lose place (prob to Ben Davies)
    I was see on united defensive cover due to fixtures but now I'm not so sure they are worth 5.5

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Is Ramsey/Costa a better option than Fab/Giroud?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Tinie wrote: »
    I still cant believe theres no android fantasy football app in this day and age. Having to use the website on a phone is such a pain.

Or is there an app and im just blind?

Loads of times posted in here. There are several, the best of which is Differential FPL which costs €1.20 but well worth it. Loads of free ones too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Fabregas will play deeper for Chelsea, I don't think he will be amongst the very top point getters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Which £4m goalie is most likely to start?

I'm guessing none of them will start. Do Myhill or Gilks have half a chance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Fabregas will play deeper for Chelsea, I don't think he will be amongst the very top point getters

Im not so sure about that, from my understanding he will have a license to roam forward at his will with Matic being the ultra defensive midfield player.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Lemlin wrote: »
    What's people's target for the season?

To give out 30 superb prizes in the 5th Bohs FF Comp and win a prize in the Finn Harps FPL Comp ;)

I'd be delighted with top 50k finish but top 100k would be great.

To give out 30 superb prizes in the 5th Bohs FF Comp and win a prize in the Finn Harps FPL Comp ;)

I'd be delighted with top 50k finish but top 100k would be great.

Your setting your target quite low there,
    I finished just outside top 10k last year in my first full season. Hoping to improve on that obviously. Top 5k is my target at this early stage. I'd be afraid to go much higher. If I was in the top 500 or so it would probably take over my life and the weekends would be absolute hell. As it is I spend far too long thinking about it when I should be doing other things like sleeping:o

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Anyone with any ideas of how the City attack with lineup?

I've had Dzeko in every draft until today. And now that's he's gone I'm worried I'll miss out on the City attack. I know City have a tough opening, but Dzeko has shown in the second half of last season that he can score in the tougher fixtures; with or without Aguero in the side.

I just feel uneasy about putting the unproven Costa in my lineup over the proven Dzeko.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Edit: my post is in reply so someone who asked is a player likely to start.

I've been using the following to get an idea of the likely starting line ups. Obviously no one knows for sure and not sure how accurate it is or isn't but its something...

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/team-news/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Minimum expectation is top 10k

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Edit: my post is in reply so someone who asked is a player likely to start.

I've been using the following to get an idea of the likely starting line ups. Obviously no one knows for sure and not sure how accurate it is or isn't but its something...

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/team-news/

That tends to be quite accurate and is something we discuss occasionally here when their lineups are finalised after the Friday press conferences.
    Totalfpl also put up lineups on Friday evenings for those of you who don't know, the current ones are from the last day of last season but they will change later in the day.
    http://totalfpl.com/lineups

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

My target is to get inside 100k for longer than 1 week in the season :o Then get into the top 50k. Then push on towards the top 10k and take things from there.

Also promotion to the Championship and perhaps go on a cup run or two causing a few upsets along the way. After last season things can only get better for me, it's embarrassing just how badly I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

My target is to get inside 100k for longer than 1 week in the season :o Then get into the top 50k. Then push on towards the top 10k and take things from there.

Also promotion to the Championship and perhaps go on a cup run or two causing a few upsets along the way. After last season things can only get better for me, it's embarrassing just how badly I did.

After last season i'll be more then happy with a top 50k finish! dreadful stuff:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Just a flick through last seasons stats for a few lower priced players.

Defenders

Caluker 38 games, 5 goals, 1 yellow card, scored 123 price 5.0
    Ben Davies 34(2)games, 2 goals, 3 yellow cards, scored 99 price 5.0

Midfielders

Adam Johnson 36(8) 8 goals, 5 assists, 2 yellows, scored 134 price 6.5
    Charlie Adam 31(11) 7 goals,4 assists, 6 yellows, scored 109 price 6.0
    Jordan Mutch 35(9) 7 goals, 5 yellows, scored 123 and price 5.5
    Kevin Nolan 33 games, 7 goals, 5 assists, 7 yellow cards, scored 131 price 6.5
    Stev Sidwell 38(2) 7 goals, 5 yellows, scored 126 and price 5.5
    Leanardo Bacuna 35(7) goals 5 scored 104 and price 5.5
    Shelvey 32(3) goals 6, yellow cards 4 scored 122 and price 5.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Yoshida for Southampton anyone?

Edit: just saw they signed Gardos, making Yoshida pretty risky in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

I had Felipe Luis in as my "big" defender but I am having doubts now that he will start. I have only 6 million to spend, any recommendations out there?

Lovren is an option but after Southampton the fixtures for Liverpool are pretty tricky for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Nuts102 wrote: »

Defenders

Midfielders

Adam Johnson 36(8) 8 goals, 5 assists, 2 yellows, scored 134 price 6.5
    Charlie Adam 31(11) 7 goals,4 assists, 6 yellows, scored 109 price 6.0
    Jordan Mutch 35(9) 7 goals, 5 yellows, scored 123 and price 5.5
    Kevin Nolan 33 games, 7 goals, 5 assists, 7 yellow cards, scored 131 price 6.5
    Stev Sidwell 38(2) 7 goals, 5 yellows, scored 126 and price 5.5
    Leanardo Bacuna 35(7) goals 5 scored 104 and price 5.5
    Shelvey 32(3) goals 6, yellow cards 4 scored 122 and price 5.5

I don't know how they've decided to put Bacuna up to 5.5 this year. He's OOP in midfield afaik (deployed mainly at RB last year). Was 4.5 last year, dropping to 4.4!!!

I wouldn't even put him in the lofty company of Shelvey or Sidwell. A nice chunk of his points came in a couple of freak games causing a very short term failed mini wagon (that actually cost me 0.1 as a result of having other transfer priorities.... But I'm over that )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Gilks doesn't it will be Heaton in goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Ormus wrote: »

Unless there are injuries there are no 4.0 starters this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Your setting your target quite low there,
    I finished just outside top 10k last year in my first full season. Hoping to improve on that obviously. Top 5k is my target at this early stage. I'd be afraid to go much higher. If I was in the top 500 or so it would probably take over my life and the weekends would be absolute hell. As it is I spend far too long thinking about it when I should be doing other things like sleeping:o

Just being brutally honest!A few (good!) years back I was ok at this lark.I'd always win the office pay league (think I killed it in the end!).There was also a worldwide one,was it CYKI and I finished 4th in it one year (just missed out on the money prizes).Now I don't really do much research and it shows..in fact I depend on you guys to do it for me ;).The other thing of course is getting prizes together for the Bohs comp and then pushing it (like now!) doesn't leave much time to focus on putting together my FF team (whatever it's called ;)).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Alan Pardew has confirmed that #nufc will be without Siem de Jong, Cheick Tiote, Papiss Cisse and Davide Santon on Sunday through injury.

I wouldn't feel confident picking any Chelsea keeper after Jose's press conference today.
    He has "two of the three best keepers in the world" is all he was drawn to.

Squad numbers also announced and Cech retains number 1 if that makes any odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm happy that for the first time in three seasons there isn't a DGW in GW1 to wreck my head when I'm trying to settle on a team.

@ManUtd: The manager has confirmed Sam Johnstone, Antonio Valencia, Luke Shaw, Jonny Evans and Danny Welbeck are all injured. #mufc

@ManUtd: However, Robin van Persie will not feature on Saturday. "No chance," van Gaal says. "He has to train." #mufc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

rafael fit again........think I'll go without a utd defender this weekend and see if he starts. rafael as a wing back....yes please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Blackett or James? Or too unsafe for a starter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Think Blackett will start with Jones and Smalling, with Young and either Rafael or James beside them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Still not convinced on which Stoke defender to go for or if they'll have a settled back 4. Going to go for Begovic instead I think. Apart from City in GW3, the other 9 of their first 10 fixtures are fairly decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Nuts102 wrote: »

Defenders

Think Winston Reid is worth a mention in the 5m range too. WHU had a great defence while he was fit last year, missed a lot of the season so he doesn't show up in most searches.

Total Fpl have put up their predicted lineups.
    Of interest is Blackett, James and Young for united.
    Cameron to miss out for Stoke
    Bruce as part of a back 3
    No Giroud
    Isgrove is in their team
    No Luis or Oscar for Chelsea

Make what you want from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

I'm about 90% sure that Chelsea's backline will be: Azpilicueta - Terry - Cahill - Luis

No way would they spend so much on Luis to not play him and Mourinho loves Azpilicueta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Total Fpl have put up their predicted lineups.
    Of interest is Blackett, James and Young for united.
    Cameron to miss out for Stoke
    Bruce as part of a back 3
    No Giroud
    Isgrove is in their team
    No Luis or Oscar for Chelsea

Make what you want from that.

They are going with Sanogo over Giroud as well. Interesting choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

I'm about 90% sure that Chelsea's backline will be: Azpilicueta - Terry - Cahill - Luis

No way would they spend so much on Luis to not play him and Mourinho loves Azpilicueta

Luis has looked shaky in pre-season so far. He's more likely to make his debut v Leicester at home.
    Mourinho will go with his proven players for the away match at Burnley who are very solid at home (only 14 Goals conceded last year in 23 Home Games).

I can see Chelsea lining up with the following on Monday:

Cech/Courtois
    Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpilicueta
    Matic - Fabregas
    Salah/Schurrle - Oscar/Willian - Hazard
    Diego Costa

Salah, Matic, Cech, Terry and Ivanovic played the whole of the pre-season so will be further ahead in fitness than Oscar, Schurrle and Willian who were the last 3 back along with Ramires (suspended for 1st game).

Cech v Courtois is a coin flip.

In the long term you're right though.

No Ivanovic:eek:

I'm 90% sure you are wrong. It's Azpil or Luis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

zarquon wrote: »
    They are going with Sanogo over Giroud as well. Interesting choice!

How reliable are they? Some of it seems like guesswork to an extent, in that they're working off the same info as us and we as a massive collective are frequently uncertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Mourinho on Azpilicueta in February:

'Azpilicueta is the kind of player I like a lot. I think a team with 11 Azpilicueta's probably could win the Champions League because football is not just about the pure talent.

'Football is also about character and personality and Azpilicueta has all those traces of a winning personality.'

Hopefully his opinion hasn't changed because I have him in my team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

No Ivanovic:eek:

I'm 90% sure you are wrong. It's Azpil or Luis

We'll wait and see but Ivanovic seems to be very overrated by some on this forum, not very good going forward. He'll be used as cover for CB/RB I imagine, plus he's 30 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    How reliable are they? Some of it seems like guesswork to an extent, in that they're working off the same info as us and we as a massive collective are frequently uncertain.

A lot on here could put up line ups and end up getting as much of them correct as total fpl and ffs.

Advertisement