Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

CSF wrote: »
    How reliable are they? Some of it seems like guesswork to an extent, in that they're working off the same info as us and we as a massive collective are frequently uncertain.
    Guesswork just like you or me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

A lot on here could put up line ups and end up getting as much of them correct as total fpl and ffs.

I think so too, but still it's good that they are doing the donkey work aswell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

Hazard or Sanchez?

Pulis leaving has made me doubt my choice of Hazard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I follow football quite closely during the season but I can't keep track of who said what at each press conference. They get it wrong quite a bit obviously but I find those predicted lineups invaluable a lot of the time, I certainly wouldn't disregard them.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

The first game is obviously a bit of a guess but they're usually spot. Having said that, Mourinho pretty much said Ivanovic would start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Terry or Cahill
    Eriksen or Lamela
    Dzeko or Giroud
    Mata or Ramsey
    Coloccini or NTaylor

.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Depends how long you're planning on keeping your Chelsea defender but both are safe enough short term.

At the top of their game, I think they're pretty close (I'd edge Eriksen) so given their respective seasons last year, Eriksen is less risk.

Dzeko is criminally underrated imo but is lacking fitness (so is Giroud) and Jovetic looked better in the community shield so I went for him.

Depends if you have any teammates but I'd edge Mata.

It's close, I'd look at the fixtures to see when you'd be playing them. Gun to my head, I'd say Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Barkley out for 6 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

So lads, Giroud or not?

Having a scooby what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Which pair are likely to score higher this week

Fletcher & Sterling

or

Jovetic & Sigurdsson

Final decision i need to make before heading out and away from the stress of all this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

hi are lovern, rafael and debuchey goin to be regular starters for the season. they r my back 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Assuming they were all fit....

Fabregas and Sigurdson
    Eriksen/Lamela and de Jong

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

The Boards.ie Greyhound Board have a League Going for anyone who wants to join

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057263221

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Anyone else getting Wickham? 3 goals at pre season, on pens and takes direct fks.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Is there any 4.5 million striker who would be anywhere near getting some minutes? I'll be playing a 3-5-2 mostly it seems and the striker is usually gonna be the third sub.

Is there any 4.5 million striker who would be anywhere near getting some minutes? I'll be playing a 3-5-2 mostly it seems and the striker is usually gonna be the third sub.

Not really, Lee's been on fire for WHU in preseason and with Carroll and Valencia injured he may get a few runs. Wouldn't bet on it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If you can stretch to 5.0 then Lukas Jutkiewicz has been starting and scoring for Burnley in pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I've gone for Zamora, he might get a few minutes here and there...hoping I'll never need him though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

jack rodwell will he get game time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It's like Christmas Eve in here with all the excitement :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 cathmhaoil1

To the Arsenal Fans out there

Ramsey or Sanchez, i have been swapping them round day.

Also Giroud, yay or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

was all set and now with barkley out i have ended up making 3 changes fml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Have 2 many teams in various leagues.

- Main team
    - Ultimate team
    - A single season squad but with the ability to change capt/vc team line up and order of subs each week
    - A single season team with no changes allowed whatsoever apart from 1 wildcard in Jan

All with $'s at stake, cant end well, spreading myself too thinly. Ultimate the biggest candidate of getting binned as the single season ones require minimal impact. The last few days of finalising line ups has been a headwreck though. Gonna get out for a spin on the bike in the morning and try miss most of the last minute $hite

unplayable wrote: »
    was all set and now with barkley out i have ended up making 3 changes fml

who ya get for barkley

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

In similar position, have 1st 3 you have listed. €70 in the pot in the boards FSA ultimate pay league will make it worthwhile to stick with it as like you say it could be the one to pull the pin on otherwise.

Just copped on we are in a lot of the same leagues, best of luck!!

KevIRL wrote: »
    Have 2 many teams in various leagues.

- Main team
    - Ultimate team
    - A single season squad but with the ability to change capt/vc team line up and order of subs each week
    - A single season team with no changes allowed whatsoever apart from 1 wildcard in Jan

All with $'s at stake, cant end well, spreading myself too thinly. Ultimate the biggest candidate of getting binned as the single season ones require minimal impact. The last few days of finalising line ups has been a headwreck though. Gonna get out for a spin on the bike in the morning and try miss most of the last minute $hite

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have 3 players from Chelsea, Arsenal and United.

Lol.

I wonder what Barkley's value will be down to in 6 weeks time. Still has 28% ownership right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Balls!!!!!

03bffefbbd27f4a4108bcc6fd612bd96.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Total Fpl have put up their predicted lineups.
    Of interest is Blackett, James and Young for united.
    Cameron to miss out for Stoke
    Bruce as part of a back 3
    No Giroud
    Isgrove is in their team
    No Luis or Oscar for Chelsea

Make what you want from that.

Reinforcing all my decisions - Pieters, Isgrove and Van Aanholt. Beautiful.

As for the info on totalfpl, of course its guesswork! What else would it be? But its educated guesswork. If you come to one conclusion based on the evidence at hand, and dedicated sites come to the same, then it makes your life easier. In the long run decisions like this pay off. No one bar the manager knows who will play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

roryc wrote: »

FFS not predicting Isgrove to start btw.

tom_k wrote: »
    Balls!!!!!

@fantasyfootballscout: Due to the volume of comments will be upgrading our comment server shortly with 20 minutes downtime expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

FHFC wrote: »
    FFS not predicting Isgrove to start btw.

Or the Guardian...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

As for the info on totalfpl, of course its guesswork! What else would it be? But its educated guesswork. If you come to one conclusion based on the evidence at hand, and dedicated sites come to the same, then it makes your life easier. In the long run decisions like this pay off. No one bar the manager knows who will play.

No Giroud???

Hmmmmm.....is there anything that may back that reasoning up?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

who ya get for barkley

swapped lovren,barkley,brown for

bruce, hendo, giroud

wont sleep a wink tonight.

this is way worse than being a real manager because we have 100s to choose from. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

LADS, NEED AN ANSWER

GIROUD OR NOT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

FutureGuy wrote: »
    No Giroud???

Hmmmmm.....is there anything that may back that reasoning up?

Not sure what you mean here - do you mean is there anything backing their decision? I've no idea tbh, all I know is they were accurate last season when I checked a few times. They are obviously getting the info from somewhere and I have found them to be more accurate than any of the papers in predicting the line-ups. Still guesswork at the end of the day.

I've been away with work all week so haven't checked the forum for a few days, no idea where the Giroud info is coming from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I know lots of where having fun with Bojan calling him Bojangles and stuff so I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it is pronounced Boy-an.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

The possible exclusions of Davies and Luis means some last minute tinkering.

best 5mil mid that will get game time and odd goal,any idea?

LADS, NEED AN ANSWER

GIROUD OR NOT?
    If only Arsene would log in!!!!

Nobody on here knows about Giroud. There's nothing concrete online about him not playing. I reckon he'll be the lone striker playing at home for a team on fire against a team that have just lost their manager.

He's borderline captain for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I know lots of where having fun with Bojan calling him Bojangles and stuff so I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it is pronounced Boy-an.

I'm not Boy-an that one bit.......

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gunslinger99

Joey Barton QPR? Good fixtures and on set pieces i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Junior Hoilett is a good option. Should score a few goals and chip in with a few assists if he plays off the striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Not sure what you mean here - do you mean is there anything backing their decision? I've no idea tbh, all I know is they were accurate last season when I checked a few times. They are obviously getting the info from somewhere and I have found them to be more accurate than any of the papers in predicting the line-ups. Still guesswork at the end of the day.

I've been away with work all week so haven't checked the forum for a few days, no idea where the Giroud info is coming from.

He didn't start the charity shield and was at the world cup till q final stage with wenger saying after one of the friendlies he was a bit off the pace. Is where I'd imagine the doubts of him starting are coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Rodwell and Scott arfield are decent options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

To the Arsenal Fans out there

Ramsey or Sanchez, i have been swapping them round day.

Also Giroud, yay or nay?

Ramsey. Don't think Sanchez is worth the extra cost (yet)
    Giroud?? In my team at the moment but could change.
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have 3 players from Chelsea, Arsenal and United.

Lol.

3 from each or 3 in total? I've got 7 in total from those 3. I think that's insane tbh and might have to revisit

Cabella + Rodwell rotation anyone? :D

Ok now that I've got ye're attention I have 12.5 to spend on 2 midfielders as my 4th and 5th mids with Austin as my 3rd Forward.

Options are:

1. Coutinho/8.0 mid + 4.5 mid
    2. 7.5 +5.0 eg. Tadic + Mahrez or aforementioned Cabella + Rodwell
    3. Arnie + Siggy
    4. Something completely different and crazy enough that it just might work?

Next decision is whether to play Siggy at OT...could drop him and go with Van Aanholt in a 4-4-2. Though hard to how United's defence is going to fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Cabella + Rodwell rotation anyone? :D

Ok now that I've got ye're attention I have 12.5 to spend on 2 midfielders as my 4th and 5th mids with Austin as my 3rd Forward.

Options are:

1. Coutinho/8.0 mid + 4.5 mid
    2. 7.5 +5.0 eg. Tadic + Mahrez or aforementioned Cabella + Rodwell
    3. Arnie + Siggy
    4. Something completely different and crazy enough that it just might work?

Sorry to be boring but 1. :)

FHFC wrote: »
    Sorry to be boring but 1. :)

Ok this is good. Which midfielder of the 8.0 variety would you then choose? and who's your 4.5 of choice? :)

There's something a little tingly about Cabella and Rodwell though isn't there? :D There's no way I'm going to last long playing this game sensibly is there :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement